worth bothering the doctor?

hannah-t

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
ive had a plantar wart on my foot for a while which doesnt really bother me, even though it has spread. i caught the edge of it on a sharp corner the other day which ripped some off. it did bleed but healed over quickly. just not sure if its worth a trip to the doctors or not? if so what do you think will be the outcome?

Attachments

• 1441619930038-1.jpg
    1441619930038-1.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 138

rosecottage

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Hannah

I think anything that is bothering you with your feet needs a trip to the doctor. He will definitely not think you are wasting his time. They will want to make sure there is nothing open to infection and will probably give you some ointment to clear this up.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Irrespective of what you decide to do right now, it looks like you have a few plantar warts. Personally, I would be inclined to want to be rid of them. If you've caught one once, causing concern, it could easily happen again, and again, bearing in mind their rough surface texture.

I've had them a couple of times, and last time (many moons ago, well before diabetes) the podiatrist told me how to treat them at home and they disappeared very quickly. As any treatment involves covering the wart(s) for several days at a time, I wouldn't like to be too specific about what you should do - particularly in the light of your recent trauma.

Reactions: 2 people