Would you eat your way to weight loss surgery?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nige - I agree to a point. We certainly should not judge him. He sounds like a desperate man, and for that you can't really blame him.

BUT - surely the NHS should realise this when telling him he is not a candidate for the surgery? I know there are massive psychological issues relating to WLS in the extremely obese.

Sounds to me like the system wouldn't help him in his current position, so he's changing his position on order to frig the system.

trand

i listened to this on LBC, and was ................well did'nt know what to think apart from total madness the system is to even allow this, as for diabetes, I have 2mates, who think if they take thier insulin they can eat what they like, and believe me they do, cakes, doughnuts, needless to say the are about 5st overwieght, and both can only walk a few yards, and by the way , thanks to the moderators, that little ^A^ up in the corner is magic.....

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I listened to this as well......the guy puts a logical argument forward and I think was surprised that he hadn't been told the things that came out in the interview. Not sure what amount of meds/Insulin he may be on ?

Has he been 'dieting' using the usual so called 'Healthy eating plan' that most Diabetic's are given ? If so it is no surprise to me that he has failed to lose weight. When following that plan myself over many years I was 19 st 7 lbs.......found this place followed all the good advice about carbs etc and lost over 5 st 7 lbs using that method. Could this man do the same ??

I cannot condone the method he is using to try and get the Op but I think in all honesty I understand what he is doing. Attacking the problem from the wrong direction.....however, if he has had bad advice then THAT may be the source of his problems.

Let's hope this is sorted for his sake.......he deserves sympathy as he does appear to be genuine in what he says.

My opinion for what it's worth.

Dippy3103

I do take your point Ken. But I still think he is very publically trying to play or even cheat the system. It seems non sensical to me to say that being obese makes me ill and unhappy so I will make myself bigger, iller and unhappier to get what I want.
However, he must be pretty darn desperate. I feel sorry for him and infuriated by his attitude in equal measures!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes - that just about sums it up :lol: 8)