Wow LCHF and Intermittent Fasting works - now hbaca1 of 30

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An HBA1c of 30 is "normal" which most probably means you can now go to an 'Eat As Much As You Can 'Til You Drop Dead (gorgeous) Super Delicious and Tremendously Sweet Chinese Buffet !!!

I would.

Congratulations !!!!!!!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Inspirational story... I love it well done.

Dajana

Hi @shelley262 , I hope you're well! We have a press team that we work closely with to help raise the profile of diabetes, expel myths and raise awareness - would you mind if I forward your details onto them? I think you would be an amazing case study!

If you are interested, please could you give me your email address and phone number to pass onto our team who will then be in touch.

Best wishes,
Dajana
Diabetes.co.uk

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262 , I hope you're well! We have a press team that we work closely with to help raise the profile of diabetes, expel myths and raise awareness - would you mind if I forward your details onto them? I think you would be an amazing case study!

If you are interested, please could you give me your email address and phone number to pass onto our team who will then be in touch.

Best wishes,
Dajana
Diabetes.co.uk
Hi @Dajana I’m well thanks and happy to help out re raising profile of diabetes I will PM you my email and phone number.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
View attachment 26482 Just back from DN appt and wanted to update anyone who is following my story. Up to February 2018 it’s in detail on the following link especially the weight loss journey:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-lchf-way-of-eating-and-forum-support.136415/

Well update is more weight lost so now I’m 58kg (9 stone 2 pounds) BMI at 20 and more importantly hbaca1 is now down from 33 in December 2017 when I was coming off the Metformin to 30 now and haven’t had Metformin for the whole six month period so I’m well pleased. My hbaca1 on diagnosis was 97.

Also interesting note for mysugr app uses and SD codefree users my sugr suggested 31.4 so they were higher than the actual hbaca1

Only fly in ointment is my high cholesterol but as it wasn’t a full lipid breakdown she’s agreed to do a full fasting lipids panel in three months and discuss again. She also wanted me to not lose any more weight as my target weight on my records for ideal is 66kg so she felt I was underweight. I’m not planning to lose any more and have ‘there about’ maintained over past couple of months

Re photo already shared on another post but just a reminder of how I looked on diagnosis and how I look now a few years later. I feel so young, so fit and healthy and filled with a new zest for life. Thank you to all my friends and experts on this forum you are all stars and coupled with my motivation we’ve achieved it!
@shelley262 , fantastic transformation. Well done on all your hard work. You look amazing. We need to see more like this.