Wow! We have a star in our midst!!

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Superb work, well done. Turning a corner, thats made me feel happy inside :)

Reactions: 2 people

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't looked on the site for a few day so this is great news to come back to.
Huge congratulations to @Southport GP!
After my recent HbA1c and cholesterol tests came back normal I was told by GPs secretary that I'm not pre-diabetic any more and no further action to be taken. Sadly I didn't then get the chance to explain to my GP in person how I did it and that I know I am still at risk if I go off the LCHF way of eating. So she'll probably continue to prescribe metformin and statins to every pre-diabetic she sees along with carbohydrates at every meal and set them on the road to a lifetime of medication.
So at least the NHS is taking notice but it may still take a long time to get the message across to all.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@seadragon You could always write telling your experience to the Practice and ask it to be discussed at the next Practice Meeting. You could send copies of Dr Unwins published research with it and ask for it to be discussed. I'm not sure that it changed anything, but I know it was indeed discussed at the practice meeting and I got a very nice reply congratulating me. But if we don't pop our heads above the parapet and crow about our successes, how will they ever know?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Dr Unwin who just used his faculties, observed things, and then got his pilot study together and DID IT!

You have helped to begin to change what doctors do. CONGRATULATIONS @Southport GP