Yack! Milk chocolate is revolting!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
My daughter has just handed me a piece of her Cadburys milk chocolate Easter egg. Oh dear God! The sugar set my teeth on edge! Had to have some peanuts to take the taste away. How could I ever have thought that tasted good! Thank heavens for Green and Blacks 70% organic (thanks @Kat100 for that recommendation! I am now a firm convert! Love you!). It's amazing how LCHF changes your taste buds. Prior to Jan 28th I would not have thought a life without Cadburys, pasta, rice, bread possible! Another step on my long journey...... :)

image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol i had a coffe yesterday after the park run that tasted sweet :***: how coffee can taste sweet is beyond me but it did, yup sure is strange how tastes change, i havent tried milk chocolate but i can quite imagine

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yes I am into the 90% chocolate now and the more bitter the better. Had a biscuit (or 3 to make sure of my findings) earlier and thought it was just bland sweetness. At least when I have fruit there is some flavour there alongside the sweetness.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shockingly, I may be approaching the point where I don't want any sweetness in my coffee.

:wideyed:

I never thought it would happen. One of the reasons I have always restricted myself to 1 coffee a day was because that kept me to 1 tsp of sugar a day, too.

So, without the sugar in coffee, does that mean I can drink more cups of it? :woot:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yep and I bet you will want it more and more bitter as you do - I have it so strong (and black) now my wee smells of coffee. Funny really because I still have my tea weak

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cadbury's Milk Chocolate is lovely but not as nice as Galaxy. I don't eat chocolate very much now but was a fan of Aldi's Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate, when your use to a high coco content dark chocolate and taste a piece of Bournville (which is supposedly a dark chocolate) then you can indeed taste the sweetness.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Shockingly, I may be approaching the point where I don't want any sweetness in my coffee.

:wideyed:

I never thought it would happen. One of the reasons I have always restricted myself to 1 coffee a day was because that kept me to 1 tsp of sugar a day, too.

So, without the sugar in coffee, does that mean I can drink more cups of it? :woot:
I have 3 tsp of coffee per cup if instant and am also starting to think about foregoing the sweetener! Great minds think alike!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cadbury's Milk Chocolate is lovely but not as nice as Galaxy. I don't eat chocolate very much now but was a fan of Aldi's Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate, when your use to a high coco content dark chocolate and taste a piece of Bournville (which is supposedly a dark chocolate) then you can indeed taste the sweetness.
There was a time when I would have agreed with you but not any longer! Lidl also do a nice dark one too!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an absolutely divine latte in a tiny speciality tea shop cafe place a couple of days ago.
Undertones of raisin and cherry.
I kid you not.
AND it was decaf
Small, but perfectly formed.
It would have been a crime to stomp all over it with xylitol, or sugar.

The next step will be black coffee, which I have resisted so far because of the teeth stains...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooerrrr Andy, you sex god!

Nothing like livening up a Sunday afternoon, eh?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
There was a time when I would have agreed with you but not any longer! Lidl also do a nice dark one too!
a)"Cadbury's milk is nicer than Galaxy" or b)"you can't taste the sweetness in Bournevile"

i say
a) both are over-sweet & vile.:yuck: b) your tastebuds have siezed up:rolleyes:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
a)"Cadbury's milk is nicer than Galaxy" or b)"you can't taste the sweetness in Bournevile"

i say
a) both are over-sweet & vile.:yuck: b) your tastebuds have siezed up:rolleyes:
I don't like any of them - they're all too sweet! And my bs is sweet enough - lol!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been drinking black coffee for 34 years and I like it quite strong. The only time I have a milky coffee is when I'm in a restaurant when I have one instead of a pudding. In the past I had my sugarfest moments but mainly my fixes were pastry, rice, pasta, bread, cheese. I've never liked sugar added to drinks, cereal and especially not doughnuts. I loved plain, warm doughnuts.
I love the 85%+ chocolate and have tried lots of brands, but I find it best not to buy too often, otherwise extra pieces sneak into my mouth when I'm not looking.
One of my Turkish friends is T1 and he loves Galaxy. I always take several bars when I visit but I'm inclined not to in future. Now I know better.
I used to like lemon meringue pie, marshmallows and various sweet cakes from the halal sweet centres near the school where I work. But I don't feel the desire to find substitutes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've been drinking black coffee for 34 years and I like it quite strong. The only time I have a milky coffee is when I'm in a restaurant when I have one instead of a pudding. In the past I had my sugarfest moments but mainly my fixes were pastry, rice, pasta, bread, cheese. I've never liked sugar added to drinks, cereal and especially not doughnuts. I loved plain, warm doughnuts.
I love the 85%+ chocolate and have tried lots of brands, but I find it best not to buy too often, otherwise extra pieces sneak into my mouth when I'm not looking.
One of my Turkish friends is T1 and he loves Galaxy. I always take several bars when I visit but I'm inclined not to in future. Now I know better.
I used to like lemon meringue pie, marshmallows and various sweet cakes from the halal sweet centres near the school where I work. But I don't feel the desire to find substitutes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I like very strong black coffee too. Went to Germany on an exchange when I was 14. The family I was with put condensed milk in the coffee! Shudder! Haven't had milk for almost 30 years! My dessert substitutes are the ice cream and the choc orange mug cakes. Yum!