YAYE.. What's YOUR Christmas Nosh BS Spike Then?

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Ha ha ha ha, I only live here I'm scotts! Qx (watch them spikes 15.4 is a real worry, isn't it?)
Not a desperate worry as a one off Q. 15.4 is too high, but tonight's insulin, a zero carb meal, loads of water to drink and a good walk with the dog will help. I still don't understand why it went so high tho' because from what others have posted they ate considerably more than I. Hey ho!

Reactions: 3 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i didnt go to mad had turkey loads roast parsnips sprouts /veg bit gravey , stayed away from cakes /pudds i was a 6.4 hour or so ago feel more guliy because i want to lose weight ahahah crazy really .. merry christmas to u all

Reactions: 4 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Not a desperate worry as a one off Q. 15.4 is too high, but tonight's insulin, a zero carb meal, loads of water to drink and a good walk with the dog will help. I still don't understand why it went so high tho' because from what others have posted they ate considerably more than I. Hey ho!

Oh, you Type 1 then? just noticed you're from Swansea area too! - does 'Langstone' ring a bell? I've been here for 12 years - I'm right next to wentwood forrest. You would have been first strike with that weather front that we had the other day, it came in from west. It's taken a huge section of my garden fence down and the power keeps dipping as the wooded area behind me has trees and a few have come down and taken out the power but it seems to kick straight back in somehow. There's a stream 15ft behind my garden and its really high at the moment. Hope you're ok. Qx

Reactions: 2 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
i didnt go to mad had turkey loads roast parsnips sprouts /veg bit gravey , stayed away from cakes /pudds i was a 6.4 hour or so ago feel more guliy because i want to lose weight ahahah crazy really .. merry christmas to u all

Well done Cath, I've gone off the scale I've had minced pies christmas cake & pudding a walnut whip (haven't had one a them for 200 years), don't worry about weight you can lose it in the new year, it's easy, I've done it loads of times! Qx

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
well i take it back double quick i did sugar was 14,5 ahah the salad cream i stole and crumbs of cake has caught me o well must try harder tomm opppsss xxx

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Been a great day, also ate the full Xmas meal and all trimmings at lunchtime. Early evening started on leftover turkey, salad cheese and crackers washed down with trifle. Just taken a reading out of interest and it was 8.7 was expecting it to meeting Santa on that roof. Cheers again everyone.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Had a relatively good post Christmas dinner reading of 7.9 - decent! By 7pm tonight at 13.4 so corrections and TBR on oump to get down to 7.2 by 9pm. Risked a couple of small slices of burgen bread and turkey later on - 2 hr reading due at 11.30pm. I 'angelically' skipped the Christmas pud and all the choccies and cake doing the rounds!!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Ps - put an avatar up of me and my cat, Greyam, doing a selfie. Trouble is haven't worked out how to get it the right way round so we're sideways for now!!

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Oh, you Type 1 then? just noticed you're from Swansea area too! - does 'Langstone' ring a bell? I've been here for 12 years - I'm right next to wentwood forrest. You would have been first strike with that weather front that we had the other day, it came in from west. It's taken a huge section of my garden fence down and the power keeps dipping as the wooded area behind me has trees and a few have come down and taken out the power but it seems to kick straight back in somehow. There's a stream 15ft behind my garden and its really high at the moment. Hope you're ok. Qx
No Q, I'm T2 but insulin dep. Thank you, I'm fine. Just got home from three mile walk, BG back down to 4.9 so....sorted! :) Langstone does ring a bell as does the Wentwood forest , think I've been there bird watching. Nice place to live. The last storm was quite fierce as we were right in the teeth of it but, unlike the previous one which took most of my garden shed roof, this time we survived. Shame about your fence!
As my BG has now dropped, think I will indulge in a nightcap..a wee dram or two ;) Tc and thanks x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to power outages elsewhere a couple of cooks arrived to cook for 15 people and drove off with it in the boot of a car. I had a steak and mash before the chaos. Afterwards I had some wine. Then I had some more wine and then I had some wine. I do not have the courage to test BS today. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2.8 at 9pm in front of the telly, cured by one mince pie. Sure to spike as a result ...

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Spent A.M. in kitchen (I'm the cook) preparing Xmas lunch for family.
Starter : Smoked salmon, crab, prawns, tomatoes, salad, marie rose sauce. wine : a nice Vouvray.
Main : Turkey, pigs-in-blankets, stuffing, carrots,sprouts, roasties wine: a nice Cote de Rhone.
Afters : sliver of xmas pudding.
BG before 5.4, 1 hr after meal 5.3.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent A.M. in kitchen (I'm the cook) preparing Xmas lunch for family.
Starter : Smoked salmon, crab, prawns, tomatoes, salad, marie rose sauce. wine : a nice Vouvray.
Main : Turkey, pigs-in-blankets, stuffing, carrots,sprouts, roasties wine: a nice Cote de Rhone.
Afters : sliver of xmas pudding.
BG before 5.4, 1 hr after meal 5.3.
Fergus, How do you keep your sugars so low?

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I've just had boxing day dinner; cold meats & chips, lots of chips (done in the Tefal spaceship thingy), branston pickle, more chips, and stole two walnut whips outta the fridge to finish it off and I'm just waiting for the cheesecake to thaw and then I'm gonna headbut that with some single cream.

what do you think of my new girl..
wow5.jpg

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I've just had boxing day dinner; cold meats & chips, lots of chips (done in the Tefal spaceship thingy), branston pickle, more chips, and stole two walnut whips outta the fridge to finish it off and I'm just waiting for the cheesecake to thaw and then I'm gonna headbut that with some single cream.

what do you think of my new girl.. View attachment 2813

Awesome Basset Hound you have there Q! :)

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Awesome Basset Hound you have there Q! :)
Why thank you Paul, her name is Lola. She's just had a big plate of chicken. I don't know what I'd do without her, I really don't. Hope you had a good time yesterday & today Paul, Kind wishes, Q..

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Fergus, How do you keep your sugars so low?
Suppose it could be down to when I eat carbs it is a small amount and that my primary insulin response is shot but my secondary response is good.
When I ran a OGTT (with 10 min data points) my BG spiked but was in control by min .45 and back below fasting by min 120

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
lovley little doggy . they say rhey are angels in disguise and i know id be lost without my 2 x that boxing day dinner sounds nice to i ate more **** than i did yesterday and was 5.7 ?? crazy but keep moving forward i guess xx

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
lovley little doggy . they say rhey are angels in disguise and i know id be lost without my 2 x that boxing day dinner sounds nice to i ate more **** than i did yesterday and was 5.7 ?? crazy but keep moving forward i guess xx

Cath Hiya, that sounds really good 5.7? how the hell d'you manage that low a score. I'm just about to do my bloods now. Have you got two dogs or two basset hounds? if you know what I mean. My wow wow is high maintenance (aren't all girls!). I get cold feet and she sits on my toes and within minutes my feet are like toast. Hope today finds you well, kind wishes, Qxx

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
bowl of porridge for breakfast yesterday, plus sausage and egg second breakfast
Started my usual job of barman around 12 o'clock, making cocktails for the 12 adults and 2 grown up kids, while I cooked for them and the 9 younger kids as well. By the time they needed to help with the cooking, the ladies were unable to walk in a straight line.

Had roast lamb, spuds, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, butternut squash, and a very good argentinean red.
Pudding about 2 hours later, then cheese and biscuits before bed, booze flowing throughout, including a newly invented one I came up with yesterday.

Through all that, my highest reading was 7.3.

Today though, eating Indian food (no rice) I've had a 9.7 and a 9.9