YAYE.. What's YOUR Christmas Nosh BS Spike Then?

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Happy Christmas everyone,

Well, I got off to a great start. Breakfast this morning tried some Fruit N Fibre and my BS went to 9.4 after 2 hours, highest I've ever recorded. Usually 5.6 pre and 7.6 post and that's after eating carbs, don't get it. Could be down to the raisins and the heaped bowl I had?. The family have a long stick with a hook on the end and that's to pull me off the ceiling after my mince pies and single cream, roast potatos, chocolates off the tree. Have a great day all, kind regards, Q..

Reactions: 4 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
We opened a selection box for breakfast!

I'll get back to you on my after dinner spike later.......I'm not holding back today. If it's not nailed down I'm eating it.

Reactions: 6 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Chaos here, kids running everywhere, dog chewing up the dolls and toys, we're trying to put lego sets together and people stepping on all the small bits, red wine spill already (wasn't me I don't drink). We don't have turkey as it's so dry so we have chicken. Last night at 8pm she tells me the chicken didn't smell right and maybe off so guess who was in Tesco Extra last night. They had one chicken left which I bought, it's the size of a budgie and we've 8 people to feed today, it's like a zoo burning down here. Oh, and Nanna's p****d after 3 sherrys and just tripped over all the toys (Nan down) So, I came in the study to log on here and get away from all the noise. Thought I'd share the story. Love to hear any of your stories. Qxx

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Christmas dinner, pringles with a chilli dip, other non carby food, whiskey, wine, highest is now 7.3. Continuous snacking today, so 2 hours doesn't count for much for me.
Good day.
Sorry!

Reactions: 3 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
:eek:Omg! I cannot believe that two pieces of roast parsnip, one very small roast potato, half a dozen sprouts, one piggy in blanket and less than a sixteenth of a medium sized Christmas pudding has sent my BG to 15.4. I avoided boiled potatoes,stuffing, carrots, peas, red cabbage, Baileys cheesecake and petit fours :(No more food for me today! :doctor:

Reactions: 4 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I admire your will power Beachbag.
Like Douglas, I am grazing today so 2 hours is not possible. Not sure I've gone 2 minutes without scavenging something, Test kit is upstairs, sofa, TV and goodies downstairs......I have had 4 months of being 'good' and I feel that I can have a fresh start in a day or two

Reactions: 5 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Wow BEACHBAG 15.4? what's the highest anyone has recorded as a spike, mine is 9.4 on breakfast cereal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
:eek:Omg! I cannot believe that two pieces of roast parsnip, one very small roast potato, half a dozen sprouts, one piggy in blanket and less than a sixteenth of a medium sized Christmas pudding has sent my BG to 15.4. I avoided boiled potatoes,stuffing, carrots, peas, red cabbage, Baileys cheesecake and petit fours :(No more food for me today! :doctor:

I can't check with my meter at the moment, it doesn't read out 6 digits...

Reactions: 5 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
9.6.....I am going to eat cheesecake now. I'll post again later if I don't burst.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I can't check with my meter at the moment, it doesn't read out 6 digits...
LOL! I only did a check out of curiosity.....and we all know what curiosity did to the cat!
Miaow.....:bigtears:

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
LOL! I only did a check out of curiosity.....and we all know what curiosity did to the cat!
Miaow.....:bigtears:

Geri Darling, What cat have you got that goes Mi-A-Ow, is it Italian wmsl? It's Meeow hunnybunch. Qx

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Ha ha ha ha, I only live here I'm scotts! Qx (watch them spikes 15.4 is a real worry, isn't it?)

Oh, just spotted the dictionary, you got me there! I've been spelling 'the cat noise' wrong all my life (an I'm 17 now)..Qx

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Christmas Day yesterday for us, it's 9.40 Boxing Day morning here. Yesterday I had just some ham for brekky, a nice roast dinner with some spuds and stuffing. some red wine and one glass of fizzy wine, I also had some cheesecake I made of which the only carby bit was the biscuit base and my bedtime BG was 3.3! Go figure huh ;) Could have been the red wine but otherwise inexplicable. I had a good day too with some nice chocs, guess I am just lucky :joyful: I am finding that a no carb breakfast, a very small amount of carb lunch and I can have some decent carbs at dinner with no spikes but oh goodness, it's taken a LOT of testing to find that out! Yahoo.....Merry Boxing Day everyone!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Amazing !!!
Full Christmas dinner; roast everything and didn't hold back, no boiled potatoes just roast.
Two hours later I spiked at 13.7. Amazing. I usually spike at +16 after breakfast. So really please, very pleased.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Amazing !!!
Full Christmas dinner; roast everything and didn't hold back, no boiled potatoes just roast.
Two hours later I spiked at 13.7. Amazing. I usually spike at +16 after breakfast. So really please, very pleased.

Whooah.. well done! Q..