Yipee !!!!!!!

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@brianmt Very well done Brian, excellent result. And yes, lose your belly keep your feet is a great mantra.
I've put a weight / belly measure weekly progress sheet on my fridge door stating the reasons I want to succeed. There's still 2 beers in that fridge from the week before I was diagnosed - not to say I haven't indulged elsewhere a couple of times, but the sheet stops the "I'll just have a quick one" trap.

Again, very well done and thanks for sharing such good news with us all. :)

Reactions: Prem51 and brianmt

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Very well done indeed.. great news and great numbers. And all in such a short time.. if only we could get the word out to more people..
I've noticed im not as chatty on lower bgs. Psychologist is working on it with me. Chatterbox on high bgs. Introvert on lower bgs.
Nervous wreck when too many lower bgs. Getting middle ground is only time im my normal confident self. Only no weight loss for me in middle ground, nor highs.
Chatting to stranger (not anonymous) isn't my forte anymore. Sorry.
A radioshow would definitely hit the spot thou.
Are you offering?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
just over 5 months ago I was diagnoed as T2, a routine blood test showed an HBa1c of 95. Iwas devasted and to be honest, scared. Anyway, after a weekend trawlling the internet I chanced upon this site and the advice it freely gives out. I went on a strict carb free diet and a regime of testing , a month later my hba1c was down to 57, a vast improvement. I went for my 3 monthly blood test on Tues and today I got my results, my hba1c is .......................................< drum roll>....................................36 !!!!!!!!!. I've lost over 3 stone in weight, down from 17 st to less than 14 ( need to lose another stone) and I feel wonderful (except for this bloody cold). My Doctor has taken me off medication and wants more bloods in 2 months, just to be on the safe side. He says " yes I'll always be a diabetic but as far as he's concerned I know how to contol it". I had a long chat with him about the benefits of testing and he, in principal, agreed with me but for every patient like myself who embraced the challenge, he said he has dozens who would do nothing, or overworry themselves (a bit of a cop out excuse, but I do understand the dilemma). Anyway. if i can do it so can anyone and you know what it's not even been that hard," lose your belly, keep your feet," simple really. Last Tues night I had my first pint of beer in 4 months and it felt good.. I have to go now I'm off to the chippy for a big portion of fish and chips to celebrate !!!!! only joking
A very well done. :)

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I should have listened to my doctor, who expressed cautious optimism when he put me on the low-carb diet.
Definitely another doctor to keep - glad to hear that some of them at least are starting to see the light.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi 5s fellow 36er!!! Great feeling isn’t it :happy:

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
just over 5 months ago I was diagnoed as T2, a routine blood test showed an HBa1c of 95. Iwas devasted and to be honest, scared. Anyway, after a weekend trawlling the internet I chanced upon this site and the advice it freely gives out. I went on a strict carb free diet and a regime of testing , a month later my hba1c was down to 57, a vast improvement. I went for my 3 monthly blood test on Tues and today I got my results, my hba1c is .......................................< drum roll>....................................36 !!!!!!!!!. I've lost over 3 stone in weight, down from 17 st to less than 14 ( need to lose another stone) and I feel wonderful (except for this bloody cold). My Doctor has taken me off medication and wants more bloods in 2 months, just to be on the safe side. He says " yes I'll always be a diabetic but as far as he's concerned I know how to contol it". I had a long chat with him about the benefits of testing and he, in principal, agreed with me but for every patient like myself who embraced the challenge, he said he has dozens who would do nothing, or overworry themselves (a bit of a cop out excuse, but I do understand the dilemma). Anyway. if i can do it so can anyone and you know what it's not even been that hard," lose your belly, keep your feet," simple really. Last Tues night I had my first pint of beer in 4 months and it felt good.. I have to go now I'm off to the chippy for a big portion of fish and chips to celebrate !!!!! only joking
Wow congrats. You give this newly diagnosed diabetic hope for the future. It is a lot of work, and can be a long road. But in the process of getting healthier it is worth the struggle.

gardengnome42

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes and dieting
I only just noticed that bit.

Your doctor is a keeper (mine too). Hold onto him for all it's worth!

I am one of those who "over-worry." So I deliberately chose not to self-test (just have the A1C every three months).

We each have our own way of doing this diabetes thing. To have a doctor who can accept this seems to be really unusual, strangely enough. Subtlety, empathy, providing good information. Fantastic.

Lucky indeed to have a dr like that. The dr I am signed up to [but always see another] has form. A young 16 yr old girl of my acquaintance was diagnosed with type 1 and her life was turned upside down. She had various mental problems and could just not get her head around it. Her mother took her to the said dr and he just told her to 'get used to it'. So she changed doctors!

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

Biggles2

I went for my 3 monthly blood test on Tues and today I got my results, my hba1c is .......................................< drum roll>....................................36 !!!!!!!!!. I've lost over 3 stone in weight, down from 17 st to less than 14 ( need to lose another stone) and I feel wonderful
WOW!!! Well done fabulous job!!!:)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Congratulations on your great HbA1c and weight reductions @brianmt! :)
You deserved the celebratory pint, and a pint or two occasionally is ok as long as you don't go back to your old ways.

Reactions: Biggles2