Yippee!!

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a chat with my GP today, first time I've really spoken to one since diagnosis in December 2015. My recent HbA1c results had just come in and were good. I was 11.5% at diagnosis, 6.9% in July 2016 and 6.5% last week. She looked at the graph I make from my BG readings which is now showing a steady decline (since I went LCHF in October). Doc reckoned that if the present trend continues I'd be classifed as in remission. There is of course a big 'if', so not laying any bets!
It was also nice to find that she wasn't wedded to the NHS/NICE 'Eatwell' plate/guide and was aware of of recent research into relationship (possibly inverse) between cholesterol and morbidity/mortality
She was also rather taken aback that the DSN who advised me when first diagnosed suggested plant sterols/stanols as these are contra-indicated (according to NICE) for patients on cholesterol lowering medication or with diabetes. I'd recently found this out myself.
It was so nice to talk to a really clued-up medic.

My BG trend, and fingers crossed it continues. I don't half fancy an icecream though :p
upload_2017-2-13_19-11-45.png

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a chat with my GP today, first time I've really spoken to one since diagnosis in December 2015. My recent HbA1c results had just come in and were good. I was 11.5% at diagnosis, 6.9% in July 2016 and 6.5% last week. She looked at the graph I make from my BG readings which is now showing a steady decline (since I went LCHF in October). Doc reckoned that if the present trend continues I'd be classifed as in remission. There is of course a big 'if', so not laying any bets!
It was also nice to find that she wasn't wedded to the NHS/NICE 'Eatwell' plate/guide and was aware of of recent research into relationship (possibly inverse) between cholesterol and morbidity/mortality
She was also rather taken aback that the DSN who advised me when first diagnosed suggested plant sterols/stanols as these are contra-indicated (according to NICE) for patients on cholesterol lowering medication or with diabetes. I'd recently found this out myself.
It was so nice to talk to a really clued-up medic.

My BG trend, and fingers crossed it continues. I don't half fancy an icecream though :p
View attachment 21867

Well done on all of that miahara, and keep up the good work. :)

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely, positive post!
Delighted for you. Both the ongoing excellent results and the good sense to find yourself such a clued up doc.
:D

Reactions: Angelofthemarches