1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

You Tube Channels

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by GlitterSparkles, Jul 27, 2018.

1. GlitterSparkles

GlitterSparkles Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi All,

It's Glittersparklesdad here, I just thought it might a an idea where we have a thread to post positive you tubers that vlog about diabetes (Both 1 + 2 of course)

I am pretty sure that this one has helped GlitterSparkles, and it is interesting following Aspen Dale with her type 1.

So I'll start off with "The Dale Tribe"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thedaletribe
    Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/thedaletribe/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/thedaletribe?lang=en

"We are The Dale Tribe. A family of 6 that live in the mountains of Colorado. Jon (dad) is British, adventurous and goofy. Amy (mom) is a fan of Star Wars, beanies, Harry Potter, all things Korean....and lots of other things. Anna (18) is an artist and has a stellar personality. Eli (15) is into parkour and skating. Shae (13) loves to sing and act (and, yes, she's really tall for her age). Aspen (11) is the joy bomb in the family and loves going on adventures. She has Type 1 Diabetes, but that doesn't slow her down at all! Iroh is the family pet. He is a bengal and looks like an exotic jungle cat and we love him! Phoenix is a standard poodle who is being trained to be a Diabetic Alert Dog for Aspen who has Type 1 Diabetes."

Hope you all enjoy and find more vloggers to share.

GSD <3

• Like Like x 1
  2. BeccyB

BeccyB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea, maybe you could get it added as a 'sticky' to the forum?

3. GlitterSparkles

GlitterSparkles Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Here's another one (That also links on to 7 diabetic youtubers)

Daily Diabetics

Hey guys! Welcome to Daily Diabetics, a channel with seven different girls living with type one diabetes!
    Here's each girl and the day they will be uploading on!
    Monday- Lindsey, 20
    Tuesday- Caroline, 15
    Wednesday- Kathryn, 19
    Thursday- Laina, 14
    Friday- Joleigh, 20
    Saturday- Emily, 20
    Sunday- Noelle, 22

GSD <3

4. Oscar_Emms

Oscar_Emms · Member

You have a Bengal, I do too!! I have two of them one is brown and the other is a cream seal Mink colour

5. MrMatty

MrMatty · Member

I think one of the best You Tubers for Type 1 is a Canadian girl called Michelle Lord
    also, two English Type 1's, Nerdabetic and Jen Grieves.

Worth checking out their channels but maybe not specifically relating to children.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook