1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Your Keto or LCHF Stories

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by RosieMaxwell, Mar 31, 2020.

1. RosieMaxwell

RosieMaxwell Prediabetes · Active Member

Hi guys! I'm currently on Day 2 of tracking my carb intake and I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their specific success stories on Keto or LCHF diets? I'm trying to get myself motivated!

2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

If anyone tries to tell you they are fad diets and there is no research to say they are safe, or even true - you could refer them to the book 'New Diet Revolution' by a certain Dr Atkins. Despite all the claims, the low carb way of eating Dr A devised worked for thousands of people, including diabetics, and if there isn't evidence from his clinics, there ought to have been - there should have been if people were not so dead set against the idea that carbs might not be a healthy choice.

4. mouseee

mouseee · Well-Known Member

There are loads on here....
    I went from 101 hba1c at diagnosis to 39 this last test 7 months in.

All low carb and all based on information from here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RosieMaxwell

6. RosieMaxwell

That’s amazing, well done! I’ve made so many changes based on everything I’ve read here that I almost can’t wait for my next blood test.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook