ZC (zero Carbs)

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
I am going ZC from next Saturday (1st April). That means that i am only going to consume meat / oily fish and water. The aim is to drop weight from 100Kg down to 85Kg as my weight has stalled for the past month...

Reactions: Freema

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Good luck - my weight loss seemed to have stalled and then I ran out of my favourite late night snack - cheese - for a week. The weight has now started to come off again since I haven't had any. Sometimes its the littlest things ....!

Reactions: miriamy and Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck.. I did it for a month in February and didn't lose any weight so let us know how you get on.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good luck! I did about a month of it when my T2 was out of control a few years ago. It was very hard (very boring) but it certainly got my BG under control. I lost a bit of weight but not as much as I would have expected.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck - my weight loss seemed to have stalled and then I ran out of my favourite late night snack - cheese - for a week. The weight has now started to come off again since I haven't had any. Sometimes its the littlest things ....!
I hear you on the cheese! Definitely effects my weight
I am going ZC from next Saturday (1st April). That means that i am only going to consume meat / oily fish and water. The aim is to drop weight from 100Kg down to 85Kg as my weight has stalled for the past month...
good luck!! I think it would be pretty easy for me if I could have avocados!!! Otherwise I would be starving. Protein spikes my bs crazy so I need avocado to slow it down. Oils do nothing for that for me. I need to be very careful of my protein quantities. Too much also causes weight gain for some of us ( me)

Wishing you luck!! It's only a week

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Too much protein causes my morning BS to be elevated - so despite the fact that I love those bacon chops - only 1 allowed!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Hope it goes well, @jd58 I often have these weight plateaus and the thing to do is make a change as you are doing.
However, I have found it very effective to control my protein consumption. It is difficult, because when you are already on less than 20g carbs, cutting proteins as well is a problem. But having reduced gradually from 80g to 55g protein, I have lost over 10kg since Xmas. I have had to eat more fat to keep my energy up.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Too much protein causes my morning BS to be elevated - so despite the fact that I love those bacon chops - only 1 allowed!
I just started a thread on protein at bf. I was eating one ounce of smoked salmon with my avocado. I had to reduce insulin 150%!!! Saving my protein for later in the day when I handle it better!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope it goes well, @jd58 I often have these weight plateaus and the thing to do is make a change as you are doing.
However, I have found it very effective to control my protein consumption. It is difficult, because when you are already on less than 20g carbs, cutting proteins as well is a problem. But having reduced gradually from 80g to 55g protein, I have lost over 10kg since Xmas. I have had to eat more fat to keep my energy up.
I agree with protein and weight. Perhaps a fat fast would be better than loads of protein. Avocado, egg yolks with mayo or butter. Bulletproof coffee ( without dairy) , a few nuts here and there. That kind of thing.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I just started a thread on protein at bf. I was eating one ounce of smoked salmon with my avocado. I had to reduce insulin 150%!!! Saving my protein for later in the day when I handle it better!!
The weird thing is that it only seems to be pork that does this - beef or fish doesn't have the same effect.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The weird thing is that it only seems to be pork that does this - beef or fish doesn't have the same effect.
Are you eating the same quantity?
Everything does it for me. Turkey, egg, fish, beef. Everything.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Are you eating the same quantity?
Everything does it for me. Turkey, egg, fish, beef. Everything.
I think it doesn't help that I indulge in 2 bacon chops (from Aldi). If I have a piece of say, rump steak, I think it fills me up. So bacon chops are now rationed to 1 per evening meal.