Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One burger joint I won’t be visiting.

A0955C7E-D078-413A-8BA6-F4C6EBD4AED6.jpeg

Ponchu

I am reluctant to call any natural food a “sin” or off limits.

I respect those who eat meat only for their health.

“Give us this day our daily bread” has new meaning with:

What we’ve done to wheat
What we’ve done to soil
What we’ve done w pesticides

And...

What we’ve done to our bodies w sugar added to almost all processed foods—leaving more than a few of us incapable of enjoying breads.

I sometimes crave vegetables and the nutrients which can be gleaned from them but may also try carnivore.

More power to the carnivores.

Best of all?

It’s not a cult-like religion where they want to impose anything on anyone.

They’re in it for health.

The elitists seek control by destroying freedom. I wonder if a few outspoken doctors being very publicly anti carnivore (or anti LCHF) are more interested in protecting their status ($) than our health.

Twisted kellog did some long term damage!

Ponchu

If you get 2 or more of these symptoms please put a pic of yourself with an orange instead of Jason Fung!
Frequent colds
Loss of energy
Frequent infection
Bleeding or tender gums
Easy bruising
Nose bleeds
Acne!!!!!
Slow wound heling

Acne

Red pimples on skin

Weird but it was scurvy fears that held me back from LCHF initially ...

Then I learned about the manipulation of fruit growing.

My pediatrician pushed apple juice big time.

I have such regret over the sugar addictions I see my adult kids struggle with. One is free-great health.

Another is almost free with improved health.

One eats Cheerios, at age 18, every morning and often as snacks. Even acne won’t get her off it...yet.

When monkeys develop Diabetes, there’s something we have done wrong.

Jordan Peterson took a lot of hits when he revealed his carnivore diet.

God bless him.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Ponchu my kids (both ADD and younger one autistic) are both sugar addicted to, at 28 and 31. The older blames it on the fact that I was very strict with the candy when they were kids, which makes psychological sense. I recently mentioned at his and dil’s lunch table that if you stop sugar cold you’ll stop craving it. His wife turned to him with that “gotcha!!” expression and said, see-eee??!!
The autistic one has such sensory issues that the yeast in his gut took over long ago, and rules his eating. He has had a 12+ year journey with life-saving antidepressants, during which he topped out at 290lbs. Recently found a med which works better for his brain AND his body, and with NO change of (zero) exercise or (you wouldn’t believe) eating habits has gone from a 48 waist jeans to a 46 and is noticeably smaller in belly and more stable in frame of mind. So the poor kid has so many things outside of his control...

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest Biohackers Lab interview - Bart Kay on Carnivore Diet & Nutrition Science (Facts vs Myths):

He discusses how nutrition is taught and the weakness of the evidence base.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Figured maybe this thread would be a good place to post the videos from the recent Carnivore Conference in Boulder.

First up, Mikhaila Peterson - 'Don't Eat That':

Reactions: Pasha

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Paul Mason - 'How lectins impact your health - from obesity to autoimmune disease':

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, it's early morning, but I thought for a moment @Goonergal was having a second birthday, like the Queen.

I bet one could make a choca-lookeeeeee ""cakeeeee" using two layers of rough pate, sandwiched together with a smooth pate, and "iced" and piped with smooth pate. It's need to be very chilled at the working stage, of course and stored very carefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fascinating.. particularly the bit about LADA...

Your comment prompted me to watch the video. It’s interesting. I’ve always felt my diet played a role in getting LADA and this doc provides explanation. Something my consultants will never say

Reactions: Indy51

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So soybeans are high in lectins (listed as one of top 5 food high in lectins) but lectins can be deactivated after boiling them for 10min ....? I was going to make home made tofu today. I don’t want to mess up my autoimmune conditions any more than they are now and I do want to continue eating veggies. Very difficult!! >_<

Last edited:

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
So soybeans are high in lectins (listed as one of top 5 food high in lectins) but lectins can be deactivated after boiling them for 10min ....? I was going to make home made tofu today. I don’t want to mess up my autoimmune conditions any more that they are now and I do want to continue eating veggies. Very difficult!! >_<
Always best to go with the sample size of one and see how you go with it, I really do hope that it has provided you an answer and that you find your way too.

More and more I am finding myself hovering towards the carnivore lifestyle as I am losing a lot more weight, helping my muscles build and honestly? I feel ten times better, I always looked forward to the meat course more than any other so why not just leave it at that? Still going to eat eggs and dairy (dairy later on once I am in maintenance) so not fully carb free but this is rather sustainable for me. I appreciated reading through all of these insights, hopefully I can keep it adapted to an OMAD lifestyle too!

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator: