Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
@ Daphne &Clivethedrive,

Over here the definition of normal FBG seems to depend on the Sick Fund one belongs to.

Mine says its 70-100 mg/dl ie 3.9 to 5.555 mmoles/l. The other says 72mg- 108 mg/dl or 4-6 mmoles/l

The small differences really are just reflecting the different measurement units used by each system, ie mg/dl or mmoles/l
Are these fasting levels or max levels?

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 , blissful 4.5hours sleep, back to normal for me.

Countdown to USA holidays has started in my household, we go a week Sunday but my youngest daughter has already commenced packing, not saying she's excited or anything.

Have a brill day all , catch up a little later work calls.

Reactions: 21 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stevia is so much better for you than the other sweeteners... Have you tried it? I bake with their Truvia and it goes brown like sugar! :p... It comes from green leaves... :)
No, I haven't tried it yet susikav, I seem ok with canderel, only use it really for my carb free hot chocolate at night really, Never in coffee. The hot lemon was good yesterday

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning, had been awake over an hour when I tested, feel shocking with this cold today! Day off and hairdressers for colour and trim, can't cancel as its my only chance the next few weeks workwise as Easter kicks off the season here.
Hope everyone has a good day

Reactions: 20 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 before dinner
4.7 after
5.1 fasting
I have stopped my medicines completely to seehow things go next few months. Metformin playing up too much. Not take it for more than a week. Might not be the best thing I havedone but I will take a chance for a month or so.
Figures are looking good on it brettsza.

All the best.

Reactions: 8 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Weather is having a right hizzy fit down here on the Kent coast. Oh well should keep the Saga louts off the streets for a while. Being Thursday it might even be safe to go to Aldi this am!

4.4 fasting.

Reactions: 20 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
5.6 before bed
A good unbroken 8 hours kip
4.6 on waking
:) happy happy bunny

Reactions: 24 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Weather is having a right hizzy fit down here on the Kent coast. Oh well should keep the Saga louts off the streets for a while. Being Thursday it might even be safe to go to Aldi this am!

4.4 fasting.
Same here baruney- spring day yesterday and now heavy rain and high winds!!

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I'm not ignoring advice neither am I attempting to go carb free.

I'm aiming to take it below 5.5 even though GP is happy at under 7

Considering I started the week at 13.2 on waking I'm happy with the progress made so far...6.1 pre lunch and 6.9 two hours after

At this rate I will need sugar supplements by next weekend!
Good morning WG... :) You are doing well - it's a learning curve for all of us, and if you stay you will start wanting more from your food than empty, dangerous carbs... trust me... :) A lot of the guys on this thread, and the 'What Have You Eaten Today' thread, have finally stopped taking meds of any kind... and a lot have cut down enormously on the amount they take... It's a goal to work towards... I haven't started with meds, and I'm struggling to keep my numbers down, but if you read all the posts you will see what people are achieving... When you realise how many of them were in big double numbers when they first joined the forum you can only marvel at the strength of will and determination that has gone into their achievements... I hope we can carry on supporting you on here... :)

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Eat, but you could try rubbing it on ;) less calories that way :D
Apparently it's coconut oil we should be rubbing on... in our hair to feed it and all sorts... as well as eating it and cooking with it... frying with it... and the good lord knows what all else we're doing with it.. :) I like it in my Bullet Proof coffee and cacao... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
Yea its been very helpful so far in my quest

I'd love to get off meds too if humanly possible and will keep working towards it

Being threatened with going T1 (appointment pending with Consultant) if the meds review didn't work has woken me up and given me the much needed kick up the backside to take this seriously.

Really heartening to see results in such a short space of time and the support here has certainly helped and kept me focussed.

I know its not easy and is a long term mission - its a lot more complicated than a lot of people think - otherwise there would only need to be 1 post on this forum!

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Of course.

Yes profile is up to date - only joined the 'club' in August and the forum in Dec. Diet and exercise only. I just thought that 4.5 was a reasonable controlled number?

Diet is very low carb - at the beginning of the year fasting was usually below 7 but sometimes just a tad over - I have reduced carbs (to under 20g pd) and this seems to have had the desired effect on the bloods. I am also low carbing to loose weight. Stalled at the beginning of the year again but now going down again nicely. Struggled to get enough fat down me but getting there.

And finally I am that tight on the carbs as I signed up to do the Brighton Marathon (for chariteeeee - NSPCC) on the 12th April - having never been a runner before so I want to be in optimum ketosis (as per Volek and Phinney - art and science of low carb performance and the whole being able to call on 40,000 cals of energy in ketosis rather than the traditional 2,000 cal that a person in glucosis has. This should enable me to fly past the 20 mile 'wall' Ha ha ha - 3 weeks to find out if the theory works!

Anyhow as well as testing bloods - am testing blood ketones and after a 10 mile run to day came in at 2.8 - happy with that.

So in answer to your question I'm trying to keep a reasonable balance between those 3 goals. Still loads to learn - for example I thought that a 227g steak was roughly 200g protein (add a bit to make up the fat) but only found other day that it's 22g per hundred - still trying to get my head around that one.

Cheers.
I wish you such good luck with your wonderful goal of doing the Brighton Marathon... :) You are doing amazing things there Baruney... :joyful: I am learning from everyone here still... thank you for the information... keep us posted as to your progress...

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yea its been very helpful so far in my quest

I'd love to get off meds too if humanly possible and will keep working towards it

Being threatened with going T1 (appointment pending with Consultant) if the meds review didn't work has woken me up and given me the much needed kick up the backside to take this seriously.

Really heartening to see results in such a short space of time and the support here has certainly helped and kept me focussed.

I know its not easy and is a long term mission - its a lot more complicated than a lot of people think - otherwise there would only need to be 1 post on this forum!
It is indeed very complicated, and I keep learning new stuff every day - it's a long game... the trick I found is to read every post - and go back some way if you have time - there's a diamond glinting in many of them... :) Like the microwave flax muffin... :) takes two minutes to make and is lush toasted in the morning... sadly I seem to be allergic to flax, but I make bread from almond flour and milled seeds... chia seed is a wonderful thing... It makes lovely puds, as is cacao... pure chocolate and fibre... makes the most amazing hot chocolate that's actually good for you... :singing: I love it... My biggest problem is to try not to eat too much... I am not overweight but can easily get that way with bacon, avocado, a little tomato and home made mayo... difficult to stop eating it... :) And chicken and chorizo stew with a few haricot beans... mini quiches full of cheese and veg...and and and... hungry again see... :) It's amazing how the weight drops off when you first seriously low-carb... there is a thread called Low Carb Recipes here too... have a look at some of the stuff you're allowed, nay, positively encouraged to eat... berries and cream for one... a glass of red wine - which reduces your numbers nicely... just don't overdo it of course... cheese, bacon, sausages... the list is lovely.... I love this life-style and I've moved on from having no energy at all to being full of beans... or, not beans, as they're too carby mostly, but you know what I mean... :) Good luck with your journey WG... ahhhh, not in Wales then? My people came from Haverford West originally.... difficult when Wales are playing England.... :)

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Back home with the animals in Bahrain... :) 6.2 this morning... from 5.2 last night...

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.