Rolling out of new moderators

Funky Mum

ebony321 said:
Welcome louise :)

you didn't mention if funky mum was assigned to a particular forum?

I'm newly diagnosed so didn't think I'd be of much use to be a mod of a certain forum yet, but I am experienced in moderating and running a website and just generally chatting :lol:

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Administrator said:
Funky mum and louiseb are both global mods - but louiseb has experience with type 2 so we thought we'd ask her to look more closely at that forum. There's no specificity, really - it's just attempting to use members' skillsets within the sub-forums of the site! :)

Ah okay then, i thought for a second you might be assigning diff mods to different forums dependant on experience, especially as Josie has been 'assigned' to Type 1 and the pump forum.

Looking foward to hear who the rest are.

Will there be no forum monitors? just moderators?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Funky Mum said:
ebony321 said:
Welcome louise :)

you didn't mention if funky mum was assigned to a particular forum?

I'm newly diagnosed so didn't think I'd be of much use to be a mod of a certain forum yet, but I am experienced in moderating and running a website and just generally chatting :lol:

haha, good to know! :) i'm sure being a mod will allow you to gain experience pretty quick :)

If nobody wants to be assigned to the jokes forum i'll do it, i have enough bad jokes for all! :lol: :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I do like that the moderators have names instead of the anonymous Moderator 1, 2 etc.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
daisy1 said:
I do like that the moderators have names instead of the anonymous Moderator 1, 2 etc.

For me, a mod should be a regular contributing member first, and a moderator second (at least in their own mind). That's the way it works on other (non-diabetic) forums that I visit. It just means that they are taken as members, and not as mods. Being a mod is secondary to being a member.

sugar2 said:
Ebony for joke forum, Ebony for joke forum!

And this... :wink:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with daisy here .Some of us have time to post more often and can be frivolous like me ,Others have less time and post things that are much more helpful especially to new members.
By the way rolling out new mods sounds very painful is there not a kinder way :lol:
CAROL

C

catherinecherub

Mod edit: discussing a member Patch.

If Administration acquiesced to what every member wanted as opposed to what they have decided to do then there would be a lot of moderators because the different opinions would mean that they would have to find a match to every one of those requests.

If you feel so strongly that your opinions are the best way forward then why didn't you apply for the position?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
OK then TOP POST OF THE WEEK :mrgreen:

Bob

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
CC said:
If you feel so strongly that your opinions are the best way forward then why didn't you apply for the position?

I've got a full time job - or I certainly WOULD put myself forward.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Congratulations to both Funky Mum and Louiseb (who I remember from another forum), Debra xx

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Uploading attachments - that's when you want to uploa something off your PC - like a press cutting, image, etc!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
brilliant, I need that and was thinking this just 4hrs ago.... thanks. Anna.x :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Latest moderator to be announced is anna29 - who will be mainly helping those in the Greetings and Newly Diagnosed forums.

We've received several more applications and are looking to have a team of 8-12 moderators. So still a few more moderators to be announced. If you'd like to be a moderator, please PM me.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
8 - 12 mods??? I don't think I can handle that many. :wink:

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The idea is to have a team who can then be unbiased and impartial!

Unbeliever

Administrator said:
The idea is to have a team who can then be unbiased and impartial!

Don't wish to be difficult but can't see why a "team" of twelve would be more likely to be unbiased and impartial than a smaller team.

Do you mean that there would be less likelihood of them agreeing with each other? Wouldn' that just be confusing ?

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I'll be 1st to say welcome to "promotion" Anna, I wish you luck.