Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 - lovely sunny morning :) Off to Sheffield to pick up daughter from university, then on to a lovely hotel for the night - celebrating Hubby's, 50th birthday tomorrow. Eating at the restaurant tonight - and we are BOTH having pudding :D Will see what effect that has tinight/tomorrow!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.9 at 0545 today.
A bit higher than usual. I think it's because I hadn't defrosted anything from the freezer yesterday, and as it was raining I didn't want to walk to the supermarket so I had wholemeal pasta with pesto last night. Fish tonight so should be lower tomorrow.
Good Morning! 5.2 at 0730 today.
After Sea Bream fillets, 4 new potatoes, broccoli and spinach last night. The 3 glasses of Merlot might have helped too. :)

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 it's been like this all week any ideas how I can lower it ?
6.1 is pretty good.
If you have cut out carbs then have a look at how much protein you are eating.
I only eat twice a day (about noon for a brunch and then evening meal). If you don't like that idea then perhaps have a go at home made broth.
Have a search on some other threads and see what has worked for other folk.
Walk - do some fast walking.
Don't punish yourself.

anitamo

I am struggling to get my morning fasting levels lower by sticking to a low carb diet but I don't seem to be able to maintain a steady figure. They have come down form 13.7 in March to an average of between 6.8 and 8 but vary every day. it was 8 this morning but I was awake at 4am with such a bad headache I had to take some painkillers.....it is still hanging on. Any suggestions as to how I can stabilise the morning figure any better.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 :( jesuuuuussssss up from 6.7 yesterday. Not feeling well and took some night nurse last night and still under the weather, went to work and took half day leave and back home to bed where i'm stopping
Gentle hugs to you, hope you're feeling better today.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 - lovely sunny morning :) Off to Sheffield to pick up daughter from university, then on to a lovely hotel for the night - celebrating Hubby's, 50th birthday tomorrow. Eating at the restaurant tonight - and we are BOTH having pudding :D Will see what effect that has tinight/tomorrow!
Enjoy yourself!! Tell hubby I agree 1967 was a fine year;)

Reactions: ickihun

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am struggling to get my morning fasting levels lower by sticking to a low carb diet but I don't seem to be able to maintain a steady figure. They have come down form 13.7 in March to an average of between 6.8 and 8 but vary every day. it was 8 this morning but I was awake at 4am with such a bad headache I had to take some painkillers.....it is still hanging on. Any suggestions as to how I can stabilise the morning figure any better.
Welcome to our morning line. First, congratulations on your achievement so far, you may think that it's taking a while for your numbers to fall, but please be patient. We're all different and you've made changes to your lifestyle which will help your future numbers no end!! Keep posting and reading. Well done so far:joyful: