1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Kyi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

May be feeding muscle mass. Muscle weighs heavier than fat remember.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

I'VE LOST - hopefully back to losing again. :) :) :)

Now 119.90kgs before ablusions this morning. Tramadol still causing water tummy. Always worse on a night as I take furosemide on a morning. So once furosemide kicks in I'd be less.
    I was 120.90 last week so 1kg loss this week!!!
    In par with what I usually lose. I'm very happy. :) :) :)

I will weigh mid week again to just check no hiccups.

Hope everyone is happy with their weight change this week?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Small loss this week of 0.3kg, slow but sure! :)

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
    Today 88kg 1st Dec’17
    Total lost = 27kg/4 stone 3 1/2lb

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    #2543 Rachox, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Now you know these affects and when your affected more.....test more. I know hard but grab a few mins in a toilet break to check sugar and eat with meds, if on metformin.
    You will get into your survival mode and make it a routine, for you. Your important too. Children need to 100% all the time or close to it.
    Do it for them. Keep testing, meds and eat regularly. Less maybe if white bread sandwich e.g half now and other half later. It works, for me. Try making it a priority for good bgs. Please.
    Of course you've lost but don't let it become a rebound after things settle down. Keep testing hun.
    Thinking of you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well I stopped posting on this thread as my weight was more or less the same every weight.
    But having been away for 4 weeks my weight has reduced from 152.6 lbs before I went away to 145.4 lbs today, a loss of over seven lbs! :)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Wow! Excellent loss.

I cannot wait til next Friday now. :) I bet you too?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. DCUKMod

DCUKMod · Moderator
    Staff Member

Ickihun - Have you considered asking any of your local charity shops to look out for an exercise bike, or the like for you?

I had to pop into out local Mind, furniture shop the other day, as we need to make a donation, which they will collect, when, just inside the door I spied a fantastic proper, very sturdy gym-style electric exercise bike, with screen, virtual routes, memory of journeys, and so on,........ £30, delivered!

I was tempted, but I have my hybrid bike on it's static trainer already, and thought my OH would have a fit, if I arrived home to declare my purchase. They also had a decent lady's bicycle and a set of golf clubs, on a trolley for similar amounts (Mountain bike was cheaper).

I would imagine the bike could be fairly kind to your bike and allow you to go as fast or slow as you see fit.

Just a thought.

Good news you're losing again. Well done.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

I just haven't the room. Only a small 2bedroom bungalow and 4 of us. Really cannot afford anything bigger nor bigger bills. For now. I'm sure that will change once I get a profitable job again. I know surgery can only do its own bit so I'm hoping to go back to the gym in spring and/or swimming. I just need them to turn the temperature up in their pool. Ha ha A hotel one will be my best bet when 4yr old at school. I'm definitely going to resume. Tramadol will be earning its money more, for sure. Saw a great article about my back problem being cured very cheaply and may come available in the near future. I'm feeling very positive. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Art Of Flowers

Art Of Flowers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

71.6 Kg today, down from 72.1 Kg this time last week and 72.8 Kg two weeks ago. It’s nice to have a Nokia WiFi digital scale which posts data to my iPhone health app so it is easy to see weight and body composition trends. :)

I think my recent loss of weight is due to me now skipping breakfast and avoiding eating snacks late at night. Weight at diagnosis was over 85 Kg. Target weight is 68 Kg, so I am 80% of the way there. :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Chocomin

Chocomin Type 2 · Newbie

105kgs at diag. now 104kgs. Lost about 2 dress sizes from water (?) over the last two weeks on Met, nice to see LCHF is giving a result now. Okay being a tortoise as long as I keep going.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Grateful

Grateful Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Steady at 70KG, BMI 18.7, still hovering on edge of "underweight" but BMI is bunk (see my post #2454 above).

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. Shelley6255

Shelley6255 Type 2 · Member

Not Friday but was busy on the day! But kept record and was 66kg - a 1 kg loss on the 67kg last weeks weight achievement so moving more comfortably into BMI ‘healthy’ range. I’m now intermittent fasting on two days a week alongside my lCHF way of eating just adding a bit of cream to my coffee during fasting and having one reasonable dinner at 5ish as otherwise notice blood glucose readings go up during fasting! Still another week to await hbac1 test but bg readings on meter average is 5.5 so hoping should be good. However not looking forward to reaction from DN as ditched Metformin and statins three months ago to give diet a chance. I did try to ring my gp surgery to ask permission but excuses for not giving appts included computers down, mass staff sickness, or not urgent so gave up and got on with it! Never felt better or more healthy and felt really sick when initially diagnosed in May 2015 with an hbac1 of 97 and slapped straight on 2 x 500 Metformin wish they’d told me about diet never gave me the option. Thank heavens for this site and all you amazing supportative people out there I couldn’t have sustained this route without your advice and support. Will post hbca1 when get it will be lucky if comes back before Xmas though !

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Rachox

Well done on your achievements! I too have my next HbA1c blood test this week coming. I have an appt with my GP the following Monday but will be able to see my results 24 - 48 hrs after the blood is taken. Why don’t you see if your surgery does this too so you don’t have to wait til after Xmas?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Shelley6255

Thanks for tip will do but last time I tried to get from receptionist after nearly a week they made me go away and come back once dr had had a chance to review them! Only gp surgery in town so not an option to change. It’s a 6 monthly although will be 7 and a half months since previous full check due to lack of appts - so at ‘6’ months have dn appt and take bloods so the talk and check isn’t based on any evidence apart from weigh in and blood pressure! They say they’ll call you in again if bgs high!

• Hug Hug x 2
  15. Rachox

I meant to say I can see the results on line I hope you understood what I meant! It saves negotiating the guard dog like receptionists to get them!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Shelley6255

Thank you I did and will check but can’t see the option when log in but will raise the question sounds like a really good move forward only way we’ll ever improve our own health conditions is with knowledge so we can make informed choices and decisions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rachox

I used to just be able to make appts and order repeat prescriptions on line, I had to request access to test results. It was very quick and simple in my case but some people have had a long difficult experience or complete refusal to their request.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Shelley6255

I’ll ask thank you for your advice and support

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Looking forward to my mid-week weigh-in in the morning. :)
    2 meals out this week thou. If I can hold my tomorrow weight by friday, I'll be happy!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Mid-week weigh-in!!!
    I'VE LOST AGAIN!!
    Lost from 119.90kgs to 118.50kgs so since friday I've lost 1.4kgs in 4days!!!
    I had to reduce my insulin injections due to too many hypos and it corresponded with my monthly hormones needing less insulin.
    I may have to increase insulin again as I did have to last month but I wasn't fully back on metformin. So we'll see.
    Metformin is great for a few things other than reducing bgs alittle.
    Appetite suppressant and keeps my hormones in check (pcos sufferer).
    So now 18st 7lbs in old money!
    I was 22st this time last year. (140kgs or 308lbs)
    So I've only lost 3.5stones not 4st as I previously stated. I cannot count.
    I'll smash my weight loss after xmas. I'm looking forward to it!

Its a whole lot easier once I knew how to lose weight!!!
    I bet I'm not alone.

Ps. Woke swollen too and In pain from bulging disc.
    Weigh loss has cheered me up! :) :) :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    #2560 ickihun, Dec 5, 2017 at 6:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017 at 6:49 AM
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook