What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese sandwiches made with low carb bread. Soft diet following dental work earlier today :confused:

2024-04-05 19.15.06.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't believe we're ever too old to improve our wellbeing and quality of life x
Totally agree - my mum put her diabetes type 2 into remission in her 80s after seeing my results from low carb she did the same but with regular treats. Unfortunately her kidneys had been damaged in the previous twenty+ years of uncontrolled diabetes but for the last decade of her life her kidneys stayed at level 3 CKD she lost weight and she had a very active and enjoyable last decade. She did backtrack on the carbs in her nineties partly because of impact of covid isolation and died at 91 from a brain bleed and Kidney failure but had no disabilities or pain until the very last few weeks. She believed that improving her well being helped her to have a wonderful extra healthy decade and I feel it did too. Hard to know what would have happened if she hadn't changed her way of life but she had lots of fun and joy right to her last few weeks. I miss her joie de vie every day .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Superb hotel breakfast, cold buffet of turkey and Emmental ( Paul had fresh figs and a spoon of honeycomb, I was very envious) then eggs florentine without the muffin but with side of bacon and mushroom. This kept me full for most of the day.
Coastal walk then a few lengths of the pool. Lunch around 2pm was a gin and soda!!
4pm cup of tea and. dGF peanut butter egg.
D- at Rick Stein’s Fistral place: grilled haddock with watercress and spinach salad, Tartare sauce. Couple of glasses of Sauvignon blanc.
IMG_1712347245.853330.jpg

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Superb hotel breakfast, cold buffet of turkey and Emmental ( Paul had fresh figs and a spoon of honeycomb, I was very envious) then eggs florentine without the muffin but with side of bacon and mushroom. This kept me full for most of the day.
Coastal walk then a few lengths of the pool. Lunch around 2pm was a gin and soda!!
D- at Rick Stein’s Fistral place: grilled haddock with watercress and spinach salad, Tartare sauce. Couple of glasses of Sauvignon blanc. View attachment 67055
Glad you are enjoying a lovely holiday, I hope Storm Kathleen isn't too bad there!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I still had lots of beef and onion stew because of the missed meal yesterday, so I skipped the cauliflower purée and had stew with half a slice of LC bread. Other half was on my plate as well but has been properly finished by the dogs when I was full. :hilarious:

Still a small portion of stew left over, so I'll try to remember to put it in my freezer before bed to use when I'm back from our family weekend on sunday evening.

1712348728963.png

I packed my bag for the weekend without making a list, and I'm genuinely looking forward to the weekend with very little anxiety.
My friend and I concluded I must have been abducted by aliens and replaced by someone else. :hilarious:
For now, I'm taking this new easier life as a holiday from a nasty chronic condition to save myself from disappointment if one morning things are back to my normal. And if it lasts longer, we'll reassess.

I also 'fixed' my car!
I was going to fiddle with the fuses (right word?) because this helped the last few times. But there was too much wind so I had to hold on to the hood with one hand.
Then I remembered the first thing to do with malfunctioning electrical appliances is to turn it off and back on again: disconnecting and reconnecting the battery was easy with one hand.

Et voilá, the car works again! :happy:

Now I'm going to try to go to sleep before midnight, and after that it will be chaos, food- diabetes- and activity-wise for two days!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have absolutely no clue about the rules in German, but I've worked with groups of German guests on sailing charter ships for many years nd I'm perfectly capable of telling them what ropes to pull or how to tie a knot, and I have no trouble at all holding my own at a conversation about just anything with a beer after sailing, even though I'm grammatically mangling the language.
English is different, much of my English comes from reading, my German only comes from the need to communicate verbally
:)
LoL @Antje77 I dread to think how that sounds to Geman ears, but who cares? You've made yourself understood and if you were all on the beer afterwards, I doubt if anybody remembers!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner shared a wonderful large piece of wild salmon that bought in a flash sale before Easter and froze it - so defrosted it and then cooked in a baking parchment parcel with lemon, dried dill and butter
View attachment 67053
Served it with green beans and two new potato chips from freezer ( I had previously par boiled and frozen in chip shapes) and glass of dry white wine. Pudding - had LC berry crumble with spoon of hm yoghurt.
Evening @shelley262 That wild salmon looks so succulent and tasty. I sometimes cook salmon in a parcel, but have yet to try it with the Pacific sockeye.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of ewe's milk Beenleigh Blue.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom nut roast.
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with gem lettuce cups for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds and hazelnuts.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon: black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with rocket, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
LoL @Antje77 I dread to think how that sounds to Geman ears, but who cares? You've made yourself understood and if you were all on the beer afterwards, I doubt if anybody remembers!
Lots of underage school and church groups as well, so mostly no drinking involved.
However, they are visiting my country but I'm the one having taken the trouble to learn enough of their language to enjoy ourselves in conversation and sharing our thoughts, not the other way around.

The goal is to be able to communicate, for which my German is sufficient, even if mangled.

If I visit a different country and someone is even able to produce 3 words in my language I'm delighted, if they can hold a conversation, even with all the wrong grammar, I'm very happy!

My spoken English is not nearly as fluent as my written for lack of experience, yet I've never had anyone (but myself) complaining.

Language can be something you love, it definitely is for me, but in the first place it's a tool, and tools are to be used even if they're not perfect.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
D- at Rick Stein’s Fistral place: grilled haddock with watercress and spinach salad, Tartare sauce. Couple of glasses of Sauvignon blanc. View attachment 67055
Sounds like a lovely day

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yoghurt and seeds and 2 grapes. 1 hard boiled egg
Dog walk, liking this temporary dog very much. He's fun, obedient and cuddly. Explored another steep town we last went to 20 years ago. The sun shone!
Skipped proper lunch so I could have 1 scoop ice cream
Later a handful of nuts and a few pork crunchies

D: trying local pub. Very nice. I had a chicken and chorizo stew. They held the advertised rice and swapped it for veg which was broccoli and carrots. A few small spoons Hubbys ginger sponge pudding.
2 glasses white wine.
We did at least walk there and back.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I packed my bag for the weekend without making a list, and I'm genuinely looking forward to the weekend with very little anxiety.
My friend and I concluded I must have been abducted by aliens and replaced by someone else. :hilarious:
For now, I'm taking this new easier life as a holiday from a nasty chronic condition to save myself from disappointment if one morning things are back to my normal. And if it lasts longer, we'll reassess.

I also 'fixed' my car!
I was going to fiddle with the fuses (right word?) because this helped the last few times. But there was too much wind so I had to hold on to the hood with one hand.
Then I remembered the first thing to do with malfunctioning electrical appliances is to turn it off and back on again: disconnecting and reconnecting the battery was easy with one hand.

Et voilá, the car works again! :happy:

Now I'm going to try to go to sleep before midnight, and after that it will be chaos, food- diabetes- and activity-wise for two days!
Sleep well @Antje77 and bon voyage!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Porchetta Corned Beef and tomato
Keto Cake
Cod and butter Green Pepper 1/2

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all, strange day with high winds but sunshine and very warm. I planted some heirloom tomato seeds today, I'll reintroduce some vegetables in a while so might be enjoying those in late summer.

Breakfast was a bigger one today, 3 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon and a couple of the beef patties from yesterday.

I made marrowbone beef broth overnight in the slow cooker, then slow cooked two braising steaks in some of the broth.

I'm just eating a lovely bowl of pulled braised steak in the resulting gravy for tea, it's really good.

I'll portion the rest of the broth and freeze it I think.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jpscloud with you on the weird weather it's been summer heat but wild wind - t shirt on and heating fully off, yet a few days ago needed heating on to warm bathroom first thing.
Breakfast kefir then two boiled eggs and LC roll.
Lunch last spoon of home cooked rhubarb and hm yoghurt and a few squares of LC chocolate
Dinner hm chicken curry and LC roti with a drink of gin and soda ( plus a slash of my hm sugar free ginger, rhubarb and lemon cordial) pudding LC cinnamon cake with decaffeinated coffee.
My new Sauerkraut is getting bubblier by the hour as it warms up - think will try some on Monday to see how sour it is - and my kefir is fermenting much faster. This morning's kefir was really thick and bubbly - lovely taste though.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jpscloud with you on the weird weather it's been summer heat but wild wind - t shirt on and heating fully off, yet a few days ago needed heating on to warm bathroom first thing.
Breakfast kefir then two boiled eggs and LC roll.
Lunch last spoon of home cooked rhubarb and hm yoghurt and a few squares of LC chocolate
Dinner hm chicken curry and LC roti with a drink of gin and soda ( plus a slash of my hm sugar free ginger, rhubarb and lemon cordial) pudding LC cinnamon cake with decaffeinated coffee.
My new Sauerkraut is getting bubblier by the hour as it warms up - think will try some on Monday to see how sour it is - and my kefir is fermenting much faster. This morning's kefir was really thick and bubbly - lovely taste though.
I might wake my grains up again - I'm missing my morning glass of kefir!