Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone
OH dear, BG 14.1 @ 8 am this morning. " I forgot to take my Metformin yesterday evening" :banghead: :***: :banghead:
Oops! :( It's just a slip up :nailbiting:. Try putting up a big notice on the larder or fridge. It's the only way I could remember, I'm always in the cupboards :joyful:.

Reactions: 8 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning! 6 days in a row :D:D. Let's see if I can do a week :happy:. Shame the weight's not moving, more exercise and less carbs needed I think :rolleyes:. Have a good day all!:)

Reactions: 15 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All = 16/2/16.

5.7 at 9am :) (better than yesterday's).

Reactions: 23 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

I have not been around for ages and also took my eye off the ball regarding T2. Need to get back on track and stick with it now, today's reading is 10.1. It was in the 14's which made me take stock.

I look forward to rejoining this forum and getting to know you all.

Reactions: 21 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks for your concern maureen5752 felt quite woozy and shaky was the lowest reading I ever had, had something to eat and felt a little better.and reading went up to 5.9, 3.6 for me was not nice to wake up to.

John

Reactions: 22 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
3weeks after eye op, still a little sore in corners of eye and still on drops. But, have had a sore throat since last Wednesday. This morning reading was a not happy 11. But now down to 7. Hate these viruses which seem to leave you with little control.

Reactions: 10 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know it's hard to avoid carbs :( I go through phases too and then I think "I must get back on track, I need to get my sugars and weight down to get a good HBA1C and cholesterol count. I sympathise with the 6lb increase in weight too. I put that only just over a week ago, I think it could be to do with coming off a diuretic, I haven't lost it since. Diabetes is a bummer! I'm. Sure you will be able to get through this phase. It's only a phase. LCHF is good and so is exercise. Exercise helps to keep the sugar down ;). I support you all the way:happy: ((hugs)),
Thank you @KimG it means alot. :)

Reactions: 10 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your concern maureen5752 felt quite woozy and shaky was the lowest reading I ever had, had something to eat and felt a little better.and reading went up to 5.9, 3.6 for me was not nice to wake up to.

John
Hope your ok. I had to learn the hard way, I didn't know what was happening to me, now I know that to go below say 5 then usually I'm gonna be hypo. It's trial and error. We all are different, but my nurse told me that generally 5 is a good number for me. I was advised to use jelly babies if I go hypo and they're great for me but do what your nurse tells you ok. I'm only saying what I'm like. I'm not giving advice to you. You can get advice from your doctor or nurse. Good luck

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
It 7:00am Downunder
BFG 4.7

Reactions: 14 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@Clivethedrive I'm sure you've answered this before but why is it important to take FBS before you get out of bed ? I'm confused
Hi jamrox, its to get a true fasting figure before your body starts releasing glucose , as you wake and before you move around too much which causes your body to release more glucose.clive

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Clivethedrive . I wonder if you could help please. I remember you posted a chart which showed hcb1 results against average results for bs. I got 44 and looked for it to see what was as average but can't find it. Can you help me please? Thank you.

Reactions: 12 people

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Diagnosed 5 years ago. Gave up smoking after 30 years, but totally disregarded the fact I had T2. Have been taking metforminn all that time. My fasting glucose was around 18.5, post meal 2 HR was between 15-19. Have now taken stock and have been on the Atkins diet for 4-5 days. My blood g is slowly creeping down, and hit an all time low this afternoon of 11.5. Probably as I am only having around 20 g of carbs a day. I hope to get it even lower!

Reactions: 19 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
fbg 5.3 :) insulin doing the work thou. Since dumping canagliflozin I've added 6lb (in less than a week of coming off).
I need to get back to pre xmas. Still messed up. I'd only just cracked lchf and I'm still struggling to find the discipline to avoid carbs. I need to give myself a good talking to. lol
6lb is ok, I added 2 kilos just eating my evening meal and drinking a smoothie and some tea tonight.

Reactions: 9 people