Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Buxtonstill - Go to the top of this page and click on Forums, then you will see Greetings and Introductions, click on this and scroll down to Normal Threads - here you can place a posting to introduce yourself.:)

Reactions: 6 people

MarcoRiveira

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For the first time after waking up, 6.1, and that is with an evening meal of 1 500g Metformin, about 150g of carbs, and snacks of 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate savored for a time (I take it every evening), cheese and nuts while watching a movie at home afterwards.

I then took my usual meds after the test. Will try again tomorrow without any meds until before lunch (I don't eat breakfast, my usual waking time is 10am).

Today, just before lunch, after black coffee (and cigarettes, I know I have to quit), no meds, 6.4. Evening meal was less carbs, maybe 60g, but more fat, ribs. Same 2 squares of Lindt 85% and nuts.

3 weeks ago, I would have 8-9 (about same carbs in the evening) just before lunch, so I am really encouraged. I have a normal BMI weight index. Am I getting more insulin now from my pancreas beta cells as well as less insulin resistance ? Only a blood test at the hospital will show this. Will still continue my 30mg Diamicron MR and 1000mg Metformin, until my next visit to the doctor for a blood test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So olast week I've made a real effort to lower my FBG. I've been having 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and then frying 60g of

Reactions: 6 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Good morning to all 5.8,don't seem able to get bow. From these 5 readings I'll just keep trying

Reactions: 24 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Reactions: 10 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
This morning, first BG test for months, 6.6

Reactions: 31 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
11.0 this am tooo high and never had any supper looks like Insulin will have to go up again

Reactions: 13 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 at 7am.
It's much higher this week than last, I suspect because I have a cold and have not been sleeping properly.

Reactions: 16 people