On the slippery slope....but out of my hands now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm pleased to hear the day looms closer to his departure. Much better for him in the long run even if he doesn't realise it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Molly I am wishing you a very happy future. I hope the next few weeks aren't too stressful for you.

Please keep in touch with the forum, your advise, understanding and experience is invaluable for others in the same situations.

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"The ex" will be going through some dark days. I would never wish the lights turned out on anyone... :rolleyes:

I'm pleased that @Molly56 has finally found a solution to her own problem but as @Jaylee points out, lets not forget the partner who is not only having to come to terms with moving out and coping with his medical condition alone, but also is waking up to the knowledge that his partner has moved on with her life, while he was still under her roof. While we could not help him directly, as a diabetic, he is afterall, one of "us"

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm pleased that @Molly56 has finally found a solution to her own problem but as @Jaylee points out, lets not forget the partner who is not only having to come to terms with moving out and coping with his medical condition alone, but also is waking up to the knowledge that his partner has moved on with her life, while he was still under her roof. While we could not help him directly, as a diabetic, he is afterall, one of "us"
Maybe now he is on his own he will find his way to this forum and learn to help himself. Stranger things have happened.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
a five hour wait and interview followed to log the incident and for me to decide what I wanted to do about the situation.

This "five hour wait" didn't happen to be in a small locked room with a narrow bed, perchance? ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Look @Molly56 i can only guess the life you've been having. And of which I'm compassionate about. Unfortunately these forums have mainly diabetic patients and all have had a huge variation of health care.
We don't know how good his diabetic team are. Furthermore can only act on their patients needs. Maybe compared to his past his bgs HAVE reduced but just not enough?
You have made the right decision and as time passes you'll feel less guilty. You have received support to do so, and rightly so.
Some posters are still very concerned for mr molly56. There are hundreds of mr molly56s who do not know how to change. Some have autism and other underlining concerns which make him changing very very difficult psychologically and socially. We all do.
Can you imagine having to change everything you have been doing for 30-40yrs?
A huge job. One which can only be done little by little ( in some cases).
I can only speak for myself when I say "your ok now. It's mr molly56s turn".
You're the stronger of the 2 as you have proven by moving on, making your change.
I am now concerned about our diabetic fellow.
In your experience with him. How can we help?
You came to these forums for advice. I'm guessing originally to get him support.

Can we now turn our attention to helping him? Is that ok with you? Do you want to be involved?
Most would understand if you didn't. Strength again would be needed.
You see your our only way of contact with mr molly56.
I personally would love to get him on here, even anonymously. Maybe best that way then he wouldnt feel under pressure. Is he computer aware?
I have experience getting old fashioned men onto computers. I'd like to help! :)

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am inspired by all the "lets try to help him" messages. It may be a good thing for him to come to us. To see how many of us are turning our lives around. Even if he does not post but reads he will get support from knowing there are people like him, that have all sorts of problems and how we are tackling our disease.

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately the OPs partner is very unlikely to take advice or support from anyone and, if anything, will rebel against it (the need to control others). Self destruct serves this purpose well. Ultimately he has to take a long hard look at himself and want to change his lifestyle. You cannot help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. I am glad that the OP has realised this.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
never-strong-doesnt-always-mean-you-have-to-fight-the-battle-true-strength-is-being-adult-enough-to-walk-away-from-the-nonsense-with-your-head-held-high-mistake-quote.jpg

RRB x

Reactions: 9 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All we can do is hope the "ex" finds the drive & heads in the right direction too..?! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All we can do is hope the "ex" finds the drive & heads in the right direction too..?! ;)

That is all we have ever been able to do.

I know that we have been requesting that Mollie encourage her ex partner to join the forum for ages (is it about 2 years?) throughout all her various threads.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is all we have ever been able to do.

I know that we have been requesting that Mollie encourage her ex partner to join the forum for ages (is it about 2 years?) throughout all her various threads.

It's a shame. I feel he may have missed the bus on that score..

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a shame. I feel he may have missed the bus on that score..

Let's not forget that we have only ever heard Mollie's side of the story. The ex has never been able to defend himself or tell his own story. There are always two sides to every story. Often three....

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok, Molly is getting on with her life, you have made your choice so please let him get on with his and stop posting updates on his condition.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd completely agree with @poshtotty . My Father always said there were three sides to every story; hers, his and what really happened. My Father was a very wise man.

I also agree with @philchap1 , and I'm trying very hard not to read some gloating into Molly's posts when she describes his apparent decline.

I can't say how much I hope I'm wrong on that last front.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Ok, Molly is getting on with her life, you have made your choice so please let him get on with his and stop posting updates on his condition.

This says it all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I hope @Molly56 has a strong stomach after reading some of the last few posts.....................

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if anyone needs support tho now its the diabetic guy who dont sound well and as fello diabetics itd be good 2 try and help him as thats what this place is 4

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope @Molly56 has a strong stomach after reading some of the last few posts.....................

I'm afraid I disagree RRB, but perhaps you have more knowledge than the rest of us. A strong stomach should not be necessary. Molly has moved on with her life and has the love and support of a new man. That should be enough for her, in fact she tells us it is.

What I find difficult now are the frequent updates on the person she refers to now as an ex, which seem to me like a double betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.