1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

On the slippery slope....but out of my hands now....

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Molly56, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

I'm pleased to hear the day looms closer to his departure. Much better for him in the long run even if he doesn't realise it

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    #21 Mike d, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:39 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Scimama

Scimama Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Molly I am wishing you a very happy future. I hope the next few weeks aren't too stressful for you.

Please keep in touch with the forum, your advise, understanding and experience is invaluable for others in the same situations.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. poshtotty

poshtotty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm pleased that @Molly56 has finally found a solution to her own problem but as @Jaylee points out, lets not forget the partner who is not only having to come to terms with moving out and coping with his medical condition alone, but also is waking up to the knowledge that his partner has moved on with her life, while he was still under her roof. While we could not help him directly, as a diabetic, he is afterall, one of "us"

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
  4. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

Maybe now he is on his own he will find his way to this forum and learn to help himself. Stranger things have happened.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

That would be good.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

This "five hour wait" didn't happen to be in a small locked room with a narrow bed, perchance? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Look @Molly56 i can only guess the life you've been having. And of which I'm compassionate about. Unfortunately these forums have mainly diabetic patients and all have had a huge variation of health care.
    We don't know how good his diabetic team are. Furthermore can only act on their patients needs. Maybe compared to his past his bgs HAVE reduced but just not enough?
    You have made the right decision and as time passes you'll feel less guilty. You have received support to do so, and rightly so.
    Some posters are still very concerned for mr molly56. There are hundreds of mr molly56s who do not know how to change. Some have autism and other underlining concerns which make him changing very very difficult psychologically and socially. We all do.
    Can you imagine having to change everything you have been doing for 30-40yrs?
    A huge job. One which can only be done little by little ( in some cases).
    I can only speak for myself when I say "your ok now. It's mr molly56s turn".
    You're the stronger of the 2 as you have proven by moving on, making your change.
    I am now concerned about our diabetic fellow.
    In your experience with him. How can we help?
    You came to these forums for advice. I'm guessing originally to get him support.

Can we now turn our attention to helping him? Is that ok with you? Do you want to be involved?
    Most would understand if you didn't. Strength again would be needed.
    You see your our only way of contact with mr molly56.
    I personally would love to get him on here, even anonymously. Maybe best that way then he wouldnt feel under pressure. Is he computer aware?
    I have experience getting old fashioned men onto computers. I'd like to help! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Kyi

Kyi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am inspired by all the "lets try to help him" messages. It may be a good thing for him to come to us. To see how many of us are turning our lives around. Even if he does not post but reads he will get support from knowing there are people like him, that have all sorts of problems and how we are tackling our disease.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. KayeStevenson

KayeStevenson Reactive hypoglycemia · Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the OPs partner is very unlikely to take advice or support from anyone and, if anything, will rebel against it (the need to control others). Self destruct serves this purpose well. Ultimately he has to take a long hard look at himself and want to change his lifestyle. You cannot help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. I am glad that the OP has realised this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

[​IMG]

RRB x

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. Jaylee

Staff Member

All we can do is hope the "ex" finds the drive & heads in the right direction too..?! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #31 Jaylee, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  12. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

That is all we have ever been able to do.

I know that we have been requesting that Mollie encourage her ex partner to join the forum for ages (is it about 2 years?) throughout all her various threads.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jaylee

Staff Member

It's a shame. I feel he may have missed the bus on that score..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. poshtotty

Let's not forget that we have only ever heard Mollie's side of the story. The ex has never been able to defend himself or tell his own story. There are always two sides to every story. Often three....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ok, Molly is getting on with her life, you have made your choice so please let him get on with his and stop posting updates on his condition.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I'd completely agree with @poshtotty . My Father always said there were three sides to every story; hers, his and what really happened. My Father was a very wise man.

I also agree with @philchap1 , and I'm trying very hard not to read some gloating into Molly's posts when she describes his apparent decline.

I can't say how much I hope I'm wrong on that last front.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This says it all.

18. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I hope @Molly56 has a strong stomach after reading some of the last few posts.....................

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Simon84

Simon84 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

if anyone needs support tho now its the diabetic guy who dont sound well and as fello diabetics itd be good 2 try and help him as thats what this place is 4

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. poshtotty

I'm afraid I disagree RRB, but perhaps you have more knowledge than the rest of us. A strong stomach should not be necessary. Molly has moved on with her life and has the love and support of a new man. That should be enough for her, in fact she tells us it is.

What I find difficult now are the frequent updates on the person she refers to now as an ex, which seem to me like a double betrayal.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook