Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Well it Sunday morning in Aussie and my weekly weigh in

I'm pretty bloody happy with a loss this week of 4.2 lbs now weighing 190.2 lbs
Also my 7 day BG average was 4.8

I am on LCHF diet but had a really low carb week with daily carbs 50g or blow all week. Exercise is a minimum of 10000 steps a day

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well it Sunday morning in Aussie and my weekly weigh in

I'm pretty bloody happy with a loss this week of 4.2 lbs now weighing 190.2 lbs
Also my 7 day BG average was 4.8

I am on LCHF diet but had a really low carb week with daily carbs 50g or blow all week. Exercise is a minimum of 10000 steps a day
Excellent

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weigh myself every day but go by my Friday morning weight each week. This Friday it was 164lbs, I don't know what that is in kilos.

I have been doing a lchf diet since 01 January and have already lost 20lbs, but the rate of loss has definitely slowed down. I'd like to lose another 20lbs but I'm expecting that to take until late August at the rate of 1lb per week.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I weigh myself every day but go by my Friday morning weight each week. This Friday it was 164lbs, I don't know what that is in kilos.

I have been doing a lchf diet since 01 January and have already lost 20lbs, but the rate of loss has definitely slowed down. I'd like to lose another 20lbs but I'm expecting that to take until late August at the rate of 1lb per week.
Lets try an experiment to kick in those fat burners, I have read a lot on the internet about all sorts of wacky ideas. If you want to try some here's a list of things you could try.
Add hot spicy foods to the list of things to eat.
Add Chilli powder or curry power.
Or have some cinnamon every day.
Drink soda water.
Do nothing else change wise to your diet
Lets see if some of this bunkum is not bunkum.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lets try an experiment to kick in those fat burners, I have read a lot on the internet about all sorts of wacky ideas. If you want to try some here's a list of things you could try.
Drink soda water.
I do eat quite a lot of spicy food, but am not a fan of cinnamon. I do drink litres of water, but not usually fizzy water.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do eat quite a lot of spicy food, but am not a fan of cinnamon. I do drink litres of water, but not usually fizzy water.
Its more to do with the soda making yourself more alkaline from what I was reading.

summer dreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, this is a great idea! I am on week 3 of the 8 week blood sugar diet, I've lost half a stone so far. Getting really frustrated though as that came off easily then the last 10 days I've been fluctuating up and down by the same pound Started vitamin D3, calcium and magnesium supplements on Saturday so hoping they'll help.
Hey ho, 4 1/2 stone to go! At this rate it'll take me til I'm 90!

Summer x

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi, this is a great idea! I am on week 3 of the 8 week blood sugar diet, I've lost half a stone so far. Getting really frustrated though as that came off easily then the last 10 days I've been fluctuating up and down by the same pound Started vitamin D3, calcium and magnesium supplements on Saturday so hoping they'll help.
Hey ho, 4 1/2 stone to go! At this rate it'll take me til I'm 90!

Summer x
Welcome be patient you will jump on one morning and a couple of pounds will have disappeared

• Friendly
Reactions: ravensmitten

New_Type_2

I'm in. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in about two and a half years so starting weight is 8st 11lbs. I'm on a five day high veg juice programme so will weigh again on saturday morning. Good luck! **** you type 2, you better fear me after this....

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm in. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in about two and a half years so starting weight is 8st 11lbs. I'm on a five day high veg juice programme so will weigh again on saturday morning. Good luck! **** you type 2, you better fear me after this....
Welcome aboard

• Friendly
Reactions: ravensmitten

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Drink soda water.
Well I can tell you for sure that cinnamon does nothing for my weight loss... I've used it as a spice all my adult cooking life and I've managed to gain plenty of weight in that time, so I could make an equally wacky claim that is increases your weight! :D:D:D

Robbity

PS If you go the cinnamon route, do a bit of Google research as there are apparently two different varieties of cinnamon, it's also touted as an aid to reduce glucose levels, but only one is claimed to work, though I don't remember which it's supposed to be. :wideyed:

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Thursday morning here in sunny Wales, last week I only lost half a pound and was a little disappointed, but this week I have dropped 4lb, so half a stone in 3 weeks of lchf. Blood sugars are also good, averaging 4.6 for the last week, so feeling good :D

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost 7 pounds in the first 3 weeks, gained one back and stuck again this whole week. Frustrating but I will ride it out. I want to lose 5 more before vacation in 3 weeks. Not sure it'll happen.....

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sean01

Friday already. That came round quick. bad week for me. I work in financial services (boo, hiss! - but trust me, we are not the bad guys. The Government hates us because we try to save people tax) Anyway, with the Budget and the end of the tax year, the first few days of the week have been like elf central in the North Pole on Christmas Eve and the back end of this week has been like rushing around and doing those presents you forgot earlier on. I'm exhausted! Weight has stayed the same. However, I've raised the bar (quite literally) in the gym, stomach flatter, shape coming back to shoulders and legs (noticeably) so I suspect a tiny bit of fat loss and replacement with some muscle - all good news. next week will be better. Normal will be resumed.

Reactions: 8 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It's more like a pint of water is roughly a pound in weight, since a litre equals a kilogram or 2.2lbs

Yes that's roughly what I said just didn't want to be pedantic about it.

Any way was roughly 13st 8lb last time am roughly 13st 6lb now so have lost approximately 2lb maybe weight loss is slowing down to a reasonable rate and wont have to buy another set of new cloths for a while. :)

Edit **** your right should have said 1ltr = 2lb or to be more precise 2.2046226lb sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its been a bad week for me, I knew I would gain this week. Bad food choices, no planning meant I ate out and nothing puts weight on me more than pizza. Oh well the 3lb I gained will come off this week. Report card for this week will be must do better.

Reactions: 6 people