13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I've been skivying to my husband who has been digging holes for the fencing posts for our new back garden fence. He was joined by our oldest son so that was two coffees I had to provide every 10mins. Lots of chat and giggling and the weather was really mild so - very relaxing and enjoyable.

Reactions: 9 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
@mo53 - Good fbs result for you today:D. How old was your meter? @amgrundy it was the diabetes nurse's at the Hospital AND GP Surgery who suggested that I have 4 small'ish meals a day. For supper around 11p.m. just a few crackers buttered with lumps of cheese and I test just before going to bed. If it's more than 10 hours overnight without eating then my liver takes over and dumps glucose and I have higher readings in the morning. :)
Thanks for that info liam 1955 I didn't eat dinner until 9 30pm last night, I tested just before dinner at 9 pm and it was 5.1 great:happy: I ate half a lidl roll and 2 slices of ham and 1 egg for dinner at 9 30 pm Tested this morning down to 6 happy as was lower than yesterday.:happy:

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@amgrundy - That is good 6 :) - again mine was in the 5's at 5.7 this morning and I only had 2 crackerwheats, but with more cheese last night at 11.30pm. @mo53 that is interesting your meter only being 2 years old! Did you check that it may have needed a new battery?:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @mo53 - you also enjoy your day. Off to your Swimming no doubt? We've got the Olympics soon, we could enter you for the Swimming - you might get us a Gold Medal!!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hahaha @liam1955 I don't think Olympics could cope with my speed. They'd be home eating their supper and I would be still swimming

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @liam1955 . I was gardening this morning but yes you were right ....... I was swimming this afternoon. I swam for 45 minutes and did 30 lengths. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Will have to call you "Esther" from now on!! Have you a really big garden filled with loads of plants? You ought to be really fit with all the swimming and gardening, burning up the calories and excess blood sugar. Do you check before and after gardening?

Last edited by a moderator:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 I haven't checked blood sugar after gardening but I will. I wish I was fit and slim from calorie burning. I did test after swimming and I was 5.5 which delighted me. The garden is a nice size but not big. But it is only our second summer in this garden so there is still work to do. Did you garden today?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Hi 'Esther' = My partner was in the garden "pottering"!!! I was on the main computer doing finances, and paying bills. I know you check blood levels after swimming, but was just curious if you tested when doing gardening - just be interesting to see which of the 2 uses up more calories and/or blood sugar.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't know what everybody else thinks to what I am going to say. But, I feel this forum is not just for how good our blood sugars are and how brilliantly we are doing. There are some members who "struggle" and it is not as easy for them to deal with diabetes, but we need to put across that no matter how bad things are - they can look to anyone of us to give them an uplift. If they want to rant and rave at how they are coping, we are always here for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today would definetly be the swimming. I will test when I'm set to do a lot of gardening jobs. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This Crackers and Cheese 'experiment' that I am doing each night around 11 - 11.30pm is paying off, this morning I had a 5.5 fasting blood sugar and since starting it every morning my fasting sugars are ALL in the 5's.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All.
Asked by @4ratbags to post my results.
HbA1c is 33 again so really happy with that. Don't understand how it compares with my readings as I've been averaging about 5.9 (when testing) so thought it would be a little higher. Maybe it's because I tend to test anything that concerns me and don't test when it's food I'm comfortable with.
Does anyone understand triglycerides? Mine are marked as "Abnormal" 0.49 mmol/L with range quoted 0.80-2.00. Any advice on this would be helpful. Doctor didn't mention it and I've only just read through all 4 pages of results.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi All.
Asked by @4ratbags to post my results.
HbA1c is 33 again so really happy with that. Don't understand how it compares with my readings as I've been averaging about 5.9 (when testing) so thought it would be a little higher. Maybe it's because I tend to test anything that concerns me and don't test when it's food I'm comfortable with.
Does anyone understand triglycerides? Mine are marked as "Abnormal" 0.49 mmol/L with range quoted 0.80-2.00. Any advice on this would be helpful. Doctor didn't mention it and I've only just read through all 4 pages of results.
@ickihun might be able to help

Reactions: 5 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what everybody else thinks to what I am going to say. But, I feel this forum is not just for how good our blood sugars are and how brilliantly we are doing. There are some members who "struggle" and it is not as easy for them to deal with diabetes, but we need to put across that no matter how bad things are - they can look to anyone of us to give them an uplift. If they want to rant and rave at how they are coping, we are always here for them.

Hi William, Totally agree with your post, even if sugars are great, other aspects of lives in general could be troubling. Diabetes is just 1 thing we all have or nearly have in common, there are bound to be other different things that affect each of us. A hug, a well done or a smile does everyone the world of good, so does a good moan or giggle. Karen xx