Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
4.4 @ 07.50

Feeling very loved this morning, hubby came home with a box of chocologic neapolitans for me to try, 2 clematis plants for my garden and he is going to cook me bacon and eggs for my breakfast before he goes to bed (he works nights). So one very smiley Welsh girl here :D.

Reactions: 17 people

Saxon999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 7. Struggling to work out these tabs. Took me off morning one and just the two slow release in the evening, but was getting reading of 10's so put myself back on and told them. Does anyone take one in morning one in eve of the slow release? Was told normal just to take two in eve, but thought as slow release better one in morning one in evening?

Reactions: 28 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11.3 gonna see if the protein bar late at night trick that others are recommending works but don't understand how that stops my liver being naughty

Reactions: 24 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
15/3/16. - Morning All.

5.5 this morning.:)

Reactions: 17 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Back up to 5.3 for me today, and no chocolate last night.

I feel a chocolate based experiment coming on......

Reactions: 15 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
11.3 gonna see if the protein bar late at night trick that others are recommending works but don't understand how that stops my liver being naughty
If you think of supply and demand ...balance is the key...imagine a water butt being filled and emptied simultaneously....so that it doesn't overflow or empty out... But stays dead level...that is what we need to aim for

Reactions: 10 people
P

paula.nolan42

15.03.16 @ 08.40 FBG = 7.9 --- then @ 10.40 7.1 (this is my pre-breakfast reading)
if my BG's are true to form then I should see a steady decrease throughout the day.

Reactions: 23 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up again this morning, to 8.0. Had a breakfast of 100gms Greek Yoghurt with 6 walnuts, and 2 hours later my reading had jumped to 11.3
I have that breakfast quite often, but it doesn't usually have that effect so goodness knows what's going on

Reactions: 21 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Up again this morning, to 8.0. Had a breakfast of 100gms Greek Yoghurt with 6 walnuts, and 2 hours later my reading had jumped to 11.3
I have that breakfast quite often, but it doesn't usually have that effect so goodness knows what's going on
@TooManyCrisps I've had a delayed carb effect. I can be fine 2 hrs after a none sugary carb and its as if I get a delayed knock on effect.
Did you have a carb breakfast yesterday or the night before?
I am sure it hits me later! I've even been chuffed at a very low spike then I pay for it later. I might be wrong thou.

Reactions: 12 people