Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.3 before bed - 6.4 this morning!!
First time I have had single figures for both!! Getting there!! :):)

Reactions: 7 people

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.3 last night, a correction dose and 3.8 this morning - if only it was as simple as it sounds!

Reactions: 2 people

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.3 last night, a correction dose and 3.8 this morning - if only it was as simple as it sounds!
Oof yeah... I took a correction an hour or so before bed. Then decided to check before getting into bed, I had dropped from 10.2 to 4.7 in an hour

Ended up staying up two hours extra to eat a little snack to make sure I didn't continue to drop.

So I fell asleep at 6.2 and woke up at 9.4.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before bed I was 6.9 had a 2.9 hypo at 3am and woke up to 8.6 this morning.
Not too shabby considering I've got a stinker of a cold and morning sickness today and yesterday!

Hope everyone else's levels are behaving!

Claire x

Edit - by morning sickness, I mean all day sickness!! This baby is killing me!!!

Reactions: 5 people

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before bed I was 6.9 had a 2.9 hypo at 3am and woke up to 8.6 this morning.
Not too shabby considering I've got a stinker of a cold and morning sickness today and yesterday!

Hope everyone else's levels are behaving!

Claire x

Edit - by morning sickness, I mean all day sickness!! This baby is killing me!!!
Ouch! That really sucks. ^=^;

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ouch! That really sucks. ^=^;
Haha it's been like this since the beginning, I've got less than 3 weeks to go now so that'll be very nice!

It'll all be worth it once baby is here :)

Can't pretend that I'm not equally looking forward to feeling better as much as I am my baby's arrival!

Claire x

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Went to bed @ 11.1, woke up @ 11.6. Still high but not as high as the low 20s and high teens I've been having until recently. Going to ring my DSN on Monday when she's back off annual leave, and see about splitting my lantus dose. I have it at 8am so probably the cause of my evening/morning highs. Sick of being high in a morning and chasing my tail all day.
At least they're consistent though and you haven't had a massive jump through the night, that's something positive!
I think you're right about having s split dose, I did that when I was on lantus and it did make a difference :)

Claire x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed @ 11.1, woke up @ 11.6. Still high but not as high as the low 20s and high teens I've been having until recently. Going to ring my DSN on Monday when she's back off annual leave, and see about splitting my lantus dose. I have it at 8am so probably the cause of my evening/morning highs. Sick of being high in a morning and chasing my tail all day.

Finally a post about 'your' Diabetes! :wideyed: LOL (Honestly I think you are both doing sensationally!)

At least you seem steady overnight - well last night at least. You'll get there.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks as if you Lantus has kept you level overnight, so it would be better to tweak your evening meal bolus so that you were lower before bed.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.1 at bedtime...correction dose in the small hours due to eating dinner too late...5.00 when I woke up this morning :)

Reactions: 4 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 going to bed, with 1u correction. Woke up at 3am feeling super high, still 8.1 so another 1u correction. Woke up at 6 at 4.4

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Woke up at 3am feeling super high
I hate when it tricks you like that! At least if it is super high you can do something about it!
Same goes for false hypos!

Glad you had a good reading this morning :)

Claire x

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Usual for me, 4.2 mmol at bedtime and woke up at 5.5 mmol.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate when it tricks you like that! At least if it is super high you can do something about it!
Same goes for false hypos!

Glad you had a good reading this morning :)

Claire x

I feel my highs quite a lot, I wouldn't usually correct for 8 but I have been running low this week & didn't go over 7 till just before bedtime (sadly I think it's because I'm ill & whatever virus I have is doing something magical to my blood sugar!) so when I woke up at 8 I was feeling really hyper - I.e. Desperate for a wee & like something had died in my mouth!

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's an awful feeling isn't it!
There's a lot of viruses going around at the min I think. I've got a cold at the moment too x

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 last night, I'd had a busy day and a bike ride so had 3 chunks of yorkie before bed and woke at 4.8. Cheers Yorkie.

Reactions: 8 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
boo:( 12.1 last night ( with a 2.3u correction )
but this morning 16.3 :eek:

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:)Yesterday was my first full day of single figures. Bed on 7.3, woke up at 6.5.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
bed 5.2 so ate about 1cp of carbs. morning at 7.5. so I reckon my toujeo insulin at 18 units is about right for night time.
hoping to check for basal by eating no carbs after breakfast then testing for basal at 5.30pm. This should tell me if daytime is ok. I have to have one toujeo each morning

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
boo:( 12.1 last night ( with a 2.3u correction )
but this morning 16.3 :eek:
Oof that's not fun! Anything above 10 makes me feel absolutely rancid these days. Hope you're managing to pull it back down now!