Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi summer dreamer. Good to know. I lost 7 in the 1st 2 weeks then stalled for about 3. Started heading down yesterday and today. The initials changes I made was cutting way back on fat which allowed me to cut way back on insulin as well. I also switched red wine for vodka at my evening meal. Vodka drops me much more than wine so I had to add a small snack when I start. Maybe my body freaked out in the beginning and is more comfortable now. Who knows. The good thing most came off the waist / love handle tire so pleased with that. I too am not sure which did it initially. The lower fat or lower carb without wine. Either way it's all good

Glad you are happy and it's moving again. Very motivating...

Reactions: 6 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost another 2lbs since last Friday so am pleased with that. Size 14 jeans are quite loose, but I daren't go out and buy size 12 just yet. If i lose another 4lbs I will be under 11 stone which psychologically will be important for me.

I'm doing 8 hours per week in the gym, which helps, and am being very good about the lchf diet. I think I'll treat myself to a glass of wine tonight though!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it red wine @TooManyCrisps less sugar sounds like you are heading the right way. Trousers are a good indication - even if I'm a little annoyed the ones I bought in January sales are now too big well done on your weight loss!

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sean01

No weight loss to report but dropped another two inches on the waist.- since this was started. (Back in the gym and getting some muscles back.)

Reactions: 8 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I decided not to exercise while Im losing weight. My goal of 1-2lb per week if it stalls thats when Ill kick in some exercise. I do not want muscle building while Im losing my other person. I dont want to lose weight quickly. I want to eat normal low carb foods calorie controlled. I know from previous experience I will not continue to exercise and any muscle I do build will just turn back into fat so Im skipping that step.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I've been 12st 1lb all week, this morning 12st 0lb, I also dugout my old 32in waisted jeans this week, they fitted nicely.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Can I join in now? I think it might be helpful now I'm feeling more optimistic.
I've been low carbing again since Monday, and the only binge was on too many flavoured almonds.
I'm too self conscious to say how much I weigh. But if the scales are correct, I've lost 6lbs since Monday! I'm happy with that :)

Reactions: 10 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've lost 6lbs since Monday! I'm happy with that :)

As you certainly should be! What a great motivator too!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
I've been low carbing again since Monday, and the only binge was on too many flavoured almonds.
I'm too self conscious to say how much I weigh. But if the scales are correct, I've lost 6lbs since Monday! I'm happy with that :)
Fantastic Ladybird Great to see you here and a wonderful week for you

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You sure can join in. Its all about encouraging everyone. Ill be posting gain weeks as well as loss weeks. Im probably similar to you about how much weight I can lose. Im wanting my extra person to go away. Post when you are not feeling like you are in control, we will get you back on track. Its the support everyone needs when losing weight on their own.

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi people first post here.
Christmas 2014 weight 84.5 kg
this morning 76.2 kg
lots of exercise makes me feel good.
diet control very hard.
I reas somewhere 'that life is not a sprint but a marathon'.
I keep trying
fail
try again and again.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it red wine @TooManyCrisps less sugar sounds like you are heading the right way. Trousers are a good indication - even if I'm a little annoyed the ones I bought in January sales are now too big well done on your weight loss!
Yes, it was red wine @penfold. My fasting bs today was very low (for me) as a result.
I will have to buy some clothes at some point, even though I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. But everything is hanging off me now. I might invest in some cheap work clothes to see me through and then do a proper splurge when im down to my target weight (which might not be for a long time).

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi people first post here.
Christmas 2014 weight 84.5 kg
this morning 76.2 kg
lots of exercise makes me feel good.
diet control very hard.
I reas somewhere 'that life is not a sprint but a marathon'.
I keep trying
fail
try again and again.
You're definitely not failing at the moment, @scouse13. Well done on your impressive weightloss.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @ladybird64. Well done on your weight loss. I've been lchf eating since the New Year and have lost quite a bit. Still a way to go though and i know it will get harder. There have been some weeks where the scales haven't budged but ive not had a gain week yet.

I'm sure you'll get there if you stick to a good eating plan. I find the "what have you eaten today" thread very useful for ideas. My problem is that I live with a thin husband and two teenage boys, so banning any "wrong" foods from the house is a non starter. I hate having to pepare different food for me, it would be so much easier if I lived alone!

S

Sean01

I decided not to exercise while Im losing weight. My goal of 1-2lb per week if it stalls thats when Ill kick in some exercise. I do not want muscle building while Im losing my other person. I dont want to lose weight quickly. I want to eat normal low carb foods calorie controlled. I know from previous experience I will not continue to exercise and any muscle I do build will just turn back into fat so Im skipping that step.
Hi Kyi - I hear you, honestly, I do. You have the same concerns as everybody else, but here are a few observations:
1 Muscle can not physically turn to fat. Muscle is Nitrogen based. It's made from protein which is made from amio acids - Nitrogen based organic chemicals. Fat is carbon based. If you were to turn Nitrogen into Carbon you would have succeeded where alchemists have failed for hundreds of years (turning one element into another - specifically lead into gold. It just can't happen.
2 Imagine you are a car. Your muscles are the engine. These are the things that help you move and whilst you move they help everything else to function a bit better..The fat is spare luggage - most of which you don't need. It is just stuff you have accumulated and serves no purpose. Once upon a time, it might have been stuff that gave you comfort but it has little use and value now. In fact the only things it does are these:
The engine has to work harder to get from A to B and is therefore less efficient
The spare luggage (excess weight) is just carried around with you.

3 If you exercise, it's a bit like improving the efficiency of the engine. It works better. You could get a bigger engine to cart all that spare luggage around but that would simply use more fuel and that's a waste.

Getting rid of some of the luggage will help make the engine work better - that is what you are doing, but imagine, going a bit faster with the windows open and that spare luggage sitting in the back seat and occasionally an old piece of clothing gets caught by the wind and flutters out of the window just because you are exercising and moving a bit faster.
People think going to the gym will make them grow muscles. In my hay day, I trained til I puked, 4-6 times a week and I dount I added more than 6-10 pounds in any one year.

Nobody is saying you should train until you puke. You are extremely unlikely to build noticeable muscle mass by doing a little light exercise like walking or cycling 5 or so days a week. You might tone up a bit but that's because engines don't wobble about as much as loose luggage.( Nearly 40 years experience in weight lifting, body building and strength training plus a degree in human biology. As for how I ended up here - I'm surprised there are not more ex strength athletes who are diabetic.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning on an overcast Easter Sunday morning in Canberra
Sunday is my weigh in day
85kg today or 187.4 which is a loss this week of 2.2lb
FBG's good 4.1 to 4.7 this week
That is 14 weeks of successive weight loss.
Target is 172.4lb so 15lb to go

S

Sean01

Good Morning on an overcast Easter Sunday morning in Canberra
Sunday is my weigh in day
85kg today or 187.4 which is a loss this week of 2.2lb
FBG's good 4.1 to 4.7 this week
That is 14 weeks of successive weight loss.
Target is 172.4lb so 15lb to go
Good stuff and Happy Easter to you too in Canberra