Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Welcome @Japes I fancy a satsuma now! :hungry:

Yesterday
B: mixed berries, soya yogurt, flaked almonds, cinnamon
L: leftover roast veg and minty tofu from previous night. Tasted nicer cold!
D: shredded lettuce with veg pakora and spicy yogurt dip

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday
B: flaxseed, yogurt and cinnamon
L: home made spinach, broccoli soup
D: pizza (used lidl protein roll as base)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today
B: flaxseed, full fat yogurt and spoonful of peanut butter
L: vegetable omelette with smoked cheese (yes I have been to the cheesemonger again :happy:)
D: stir fry veggies and pumpkin seeds

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: green smoothie :***: and I can still feel it inside me now
Dinner: courgetti in sun dried tomato sauce with roast veg and flaked almonds. Lidl roll garlic bread fingers
Pudding: 85% chocolate strawberries. I have been calling them Creme Eggs all day, but obviously they are not the same - they have more vitamin c for starters

2cs9dhe.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Rosieshe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 Livlife toasts with cashew butter
L: tofu pizza-pizza filet, lettuce, tomato and chilli mayo on a Lidl roll
D: leftover veg and black bean stew, avocado, shredded lettuce and chilli mayo

I also had a load of Bach rescue remedy and weird intravenous contrast dye stuff due to a ct scan this morning so having a day off from testing. The pizza-pizza filets were surprisingly tasty and low carb. Got them from Waitrose https://taifun-tofu.de/en/tofu-filets-pizza-pizza
I miss waitrose at times..

Rosieshe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weekend logging.
Easter Sunday
B: yogurt thought I would try it it said lactose free and I wanted to try the yogurt and seeds nuts as seen on this forum and been longing to have (maybe wont be doing it again.) followed buy a chunk of 70% chocolate bunnies ears
L: half a cafe vegetable tart (shared with hubby)
S:HM almond muffins
D: planning the left of over coconut chickpea currry

Reactions: 2 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was a very active day so more carbs than usual- Normally I only have one slice of toast a day, but was low-ish when I came home to test and eat and still had an active afternoon ahead.

B. One slice of Burgen Toast, Greek yogurt and satsuma
L. Two slices of Burgen toast, chunk of Brie and cherry tomatoes
D. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, mushrooms with Quorn cocktail sausages. A few raspberries and double cream.

Reactions: 5 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: mashed avocado with pumpkin, flax and sesame seeds
L: low carb veggie tapas (olives, cucumber, cheese, few nuts)
D: garlicky mushrooms, spinach and halloumi

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: toasted Lidl roll with cashew butter
Snack: a clementine!
Dinner: Linda Mac sausages, celeriac mash, asparagus, tenderstem broccoli, Bisto gravy. Chocolate strawberries

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Easter Day

B; half a hot cross bun, raspberries and double cream.
L; Mushroom and leek omelette followed by a creme egg. (First chocolate since last July. I won't be repeating the experiment, I felt dreadful until I'd been for a 5 mile walk! As I really don't like dark chocolate, it's definitely the end of chocolate in my life.)
D; Quorn cocktail sausages, lettuce, cherry tomatoes

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hope you enjoyed the clementine. :)
Oh I did! It was so sweet and juicy :D

Are you ok with never eating chocolate again? A good way to make dark chocolate less bitter and more interesting is to make it into bark - melt it then pour it on to a tray so it is nice and thin then sprinkle with things such as nuts, lime zest, sea salt, chilli flakes or a little dried fruit. Leave it in the fridge to set then break into random pieces.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the suggestion. But I am OK with never eating chocolate again. I also think my tastes have changed over the last 8 months or so, and I didn't enjoy it as I once would have neither did I want more.

Luckily, I work with older teenagers/young adults who are more than happy to help me out with eating up any chocolates I'm given. (They now live in a cupboard at work and this year are essay crisis encouragement and getting through exam rewards!)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: avocado and munchy seeds
Dinner: pie thing* - celeriac mash, cabbage, onion and veg pepperoni all mixed together
Pud: some Easter egg (70% cocoa)

*I had wanted to make rumbledethumps, but the cashew cheese I made today was nasty :***:

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed, yogurt, few blueberries
L/D: Easter party buffet (ignored all the high carb and sugary stuff) had crustless spinach quiche, courgette bread, large pickled onion :)

Have a hotel chocolat dark chocolate little chick to have later :happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
B: Two slices of Burgen toast (7 mile walk planned - half before lunch and half after)
Lunch: Omelette, mushrooms and tomatoes
Snacks after walk (as I forgot my lunch time Metformin) raspberries and double cream.
Dinner: Last of the Quorn cocktail sausages, brie, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and packet of crisps.

I then did another walk as when I checked the earlier walk, I'd only done just under 6 and was most miffed. With the evening walk, I got to a total of 10.2 miles. so was most pleased :) Just had a few pine nuts as a reward for both the walks and keeping to good levels all day!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Japes I am nosey. Is this indoor or outdoor walking?

B: blueberries, soya yogurt, flaked almonds, ground ginger
L: toasted Lidl roll with cashew butter
D: veg and cashew stir fry

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Outdoor. I'm walking as much of the 3 miles to/from work as possible in term time, to the supermarket 2 miles away for the weekly shop and some of the way home (I currently give up at the bottom of the hill with shopping and succumb to the bus for that last mile) and trying for at least 5 miles a day most days in the holidays! I can tolerate more carbs when I'm walking more and go no or very low carb on days I do less walking or other physical activity.

B. Raspberries and double cream. 1 slice Burgen toast.
L. Scrambled eggs and mushrooms, 2 slices wholemeal toast.
D. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, orange pepper, courgette, cherry tomatoes and mushroom with garlic and chive Philadelphia cheese.

Reactions: 3 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 2 slices Burgen Toast (Last of the loaf - no more for a few days as cutting carbs right back for a bit)
L: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese. Raspberries + Greek yogurt
D. Stir-fry veggies and Cauldron soya sausages.