Type 2 Life

P

paula.nolan42

I've just signed up for the 2week low carb challenge on the dietdoctor website

Why on earth does it make me feel anxious?

Reactions: 2 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@paula.nolan42 the two week challenge is fab and the food is lush if you like hot food the mexican mince with jalepaenos is great the chicken with pesto and feta is still a staple in my house....enjoy :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@mo53 - Yes, we watched (repeat) on Saturday - now that sort of thing gets me salivating!! Wanita was very good on Masterchef - I think she could go through to win. Despite the fact that I love cooking, I could never go on TV and cook. I went to York College years ago and did a cookery course.. Mum and I used to bake every week, although it was like teaching a "child" due to the Alzheimer's.
When we have a 'glut' of produce from the Allotment - I make Jams, Chutneys and Pickles - I enjoy being in MY kitchen. What about you? :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 yes Wanitas food I really wanted to taste. I think you could be right about her. I'm just watching the second one of Creme de la Creme on catch up from last night. I've never done cookery course. I bet that was brilliant. Sometimes I like to cook but I have to be in the mood. You are really good making jams and chutneys.

D

debrasue

@mo53 - .. Mum and I used to bake every week, although it was like teaching a "child" due to the Alzheimer's
Hi @liam1955. I'm so sorry to hear that your mum had Alzheimer's. My mum-in-law had the same thing. It's heartbreaking, isn't it, to see the person you love slowly eroding. But she used to love cooking, too, both before and afterwards. I loved her to bits and still think of her often, although it's over 10 years since she passed away. But I can think of her with a smile nowadays.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 you must make sure you watch episode 2 on Saturday. It's amazing what they are making.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@liam1955 you must make sure you watch episode 2 on Saturday. It's amazing what they are making.

Yes, We'll definitely watch it at the weekend. Thanks Mo. What you doing tomorrow? Weather is set to change next week - going to be cold!!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 it's been cold with showers of hailstones today here. I'm going to have to do a bit of shopping but I really want to go swimming again. I'll aim to do both I think. I've just seen the time. Good night, sleep well:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @liam1955. I'm so sorry to hear that your mum had Alzheimer's. My mum-in-law had the same thing. It's heartbreaking, isn't it, to see the person you love slowly eroding. But she used to love cooking, too, both before and afterwards. I loved her to bits and still think of her often, although it's over 10 years since she passed away. But I can think of her with a smile nowadays.

Yes. It is very much soul destroying. I cared/looked after my Mum for 9 years and although it is nearly 6 years ago that she died - I will never be 'me' again that was!!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@liam1955 it's been cold with showers of hailstones today here. I'm going to have to do a bit of shopping but I really want to go swimming again. I'll aim to do both I think. I've just seen the time. Good night, sleep well:)

Yeah, Good Night Mo - off for my crackers/cheese/Tramadol and think I will go to bed also.:)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@liam1955 yes I thought it was good. But it always makes me hungry . I'm glad you asked I've been meaning to ask you if you have watched , Bake Off Creme de la Creme on BBC 2? It's teams of pastry chefs competing so it is all cakes and pastries?

I like Bake off but I was disappointed in CdlC, for me the whole point of patisserie is exactness and giving them time constraints blows that away, so their techniques were really not that good, only watched the first one... disappointed.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
something going on, had a 4.9 2 hours after dinner last night and a 4.2 this morning...
might be the walking but really not sure.

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes. It is very much soul destroying. I cared/looked after my Mum for 9 years and although it is nearly 6 years ago that she died - I will never be 'me' again that was!!
@liam1955 we love you just the way you are.
Life has a tendence to send us some sh*tty times. But one thing is for sure we get good times too.
I'm hoping you start a new journey which puts your health problems in the background involving loads and loads of fun.
You deserve it. Wow this world like I'm sure you've done in the past.
You wow us so share your brilliant personality with the none on-line world. They'll love you too. :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's going to be another busy one today. It's my shopping day and I'm volunteering at my community theatre tonight so munchies will be required for darling offspring!

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you mean your signing up to a new account each time? Or having to log in with existing username & password?
Hi. Firstly I had to jion again with new password, now I have to keep logging in with my email and password every time, bothering my eyes as couple weeks ago had second eye op and it's frustrating. Don't know what's going on. Bye the way I'm gonna try your crab and Spring o ions on lidl bread when I can get out, lidl is 2 buses away from me and still got bad throat & chest, and some nasty side effects came out yesterday, from steroids I think. Anyway good health and bgs to you all

D

debrasue

No, you won 't ever be the same, but you will come to a place where you can remember more good times than bad. You should be very proud of yourself for having looked after your mum for so many years - many people throw in the towel long before that, no matter how much they love the person they're caring for. It's a hard job which only gets more difficult as time goes by, made even more devastating by the fact that the person you love looks the same outwardly, but has disappeared inside. It takes a special kind of person to be able to handle that with love and compassion. Your mum was very lucky to have you caring for her.

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Good morning everyone ☺

Was just looking for a little advice,yet again. The past 2 says I have managed to bring down my morning readings from between 9.8 and 13.2 to 6.6 and 6.7, which I am really pleased about ☺. I have reduced my portion sizes and Carb intake during the day, but constantly feeling hungry and having levels in the 10s/11s 2 hours after my evening meal. will the feeling of hunger go as my body adjusts do you think, and any more suggestions as to getting readings down after meals even more apart from exercising straight away, which I dId yesterday and was still 10.4 thanks everyone xx

Reactions: 6 people