Type 2 Life

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody. I did my shopping, my 55 minutes swimming making 40 lengths and housework today. :)

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@mo53 - Good for you Mo, this swimming must be giving you lots of energy.? I never went shopping, R went alone and I got a "treat" bought = Doughnuts with custard inside, 3 for me and 2 for him. Ate sensible all day yesterday, no chocolate or anything rubbishy And I did clean the Bathroom and its now the cleanest in York, so I need the Calories to replace those I burnt!!:D:D

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

@mo53 - Good for you Mo, this swimming must be giving you lots of energy.? I never went shopping, R went alone and I got a "treat" bought = Doughnuts with custard inside, 3 for me and 2 for him. Ate sensible all day yesterday, no chocolate or anything rubbishy And I did clean the Bathroom and its now the cleanest in York, so I need the Calories to replace those I burnt!!:D:D
Wow! Can you eat stuff like that without any spikes, @liam1955 ? How do you do that?

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all having a good day, hugs and best wishes for those who need/want them.

I'm having fun and games with the weather today. Forecast for rain today so I didn't put washing on this morning, by late lunchtime we still hadn't had any so I put a load in. Machine pinged to say 'I'm finished', you guessed it, here comes the rain!! Waited to see if it would blow over and gave it half hour after it did. Went and sorted the washing out, got the peg bag and wiped the line, by the time I came in to get the clothes it was raining again :mad:. Since I've decided to leave it til tomorrow, not a raindrop to be seen. Someone up there is having fun with me.

@maureen5752 , that's been happening to me and a few others for about a week or so. Mods are aware but haven't received an update yet.
Thanks for telling me, I spoke to diabetes and they said no problem there end, asked if my phone was the problem, had I done, this , that the othere to my phone! I hadn't done anythink it just cut me off. Fingers crossed today it seems ok. To anyone else having problems hope it sorts it self out. Sorry about your washing!! I lived in Iran for 20 years always in 50/60 deg. I prayed for rain, now I'm sick of it, my hubby keeps asking me to go back, I'd love to feel the heat again, but I won't leave my daughter, I'm to old now, 63 tho I feel 15!!! My hubbys nearly 70. Just have to put up with this weather in England. Have a great evening everyone

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 wow no shopping and a treat as well! You've certainly had a good day.:) All this swimming is giving me so much energy......I keep falling asleep while watching tv.

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@debrasue - Have changed my mind, I have just eaten 2 and they are only small doughnuts. I will test at 8p.m. and post the result? I am on a new'ish tablet, - a few others on the Forum take simular. It makes the Kidneys remove more sugar out of the blood, so I pee almost pure sugar. But, the tablet has 3 side effects that are: Backache - Burning Pee - Thrush and not very nice I might add. I have only been taking this for 9 months (I also take 4 x 500mg Metformin and 44 units Insulin a day) anyway, I have suffered 2 out of the 3 side effects 4 times, so a trip to see my GP next week is booked. It if gets stopped? Then, I will stop the nonsense with the rubbish/etc.:)

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening. FBG 7.0 mmol/l. Dry, bright and sunny here. Just had din dins and listening to relaxing music.:)

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

@debrasue - Have changed my mind, I have just eaten 2 and they are only small doughnuts. I will test at 8p.m. and post the result? I am on a new'ish tablet, - a few others on the Forum take simular. It makes the Kidneys remove more sugar out of the blood, so I pee almost pure sugar. But, the tablet has 3 side effects that are: Backache - Burning Pee - Thrush and not very nice I might add. I have only been taking this for 9 months (I also take 4 x 500mg Metformin and 44 units Insulin a day) anyway, I have suffered 2 out of the 3 side effects 4 times, so a trip to see my GP next week is booked. It if gets stopped? Then, I will stop the nonsense with the rubbish/etc.:)
Owwwwwwwww!!! That does NOT sound nice! You poor thing - I had no idea you were having to deal with such c**p on a daily basis. It certainly doesn't come across in your posts. After all that I reckon you deserve those doughnuts! It sounds as if your OH is supportive, though, which always helps. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Real Life drama on now folks = Eastenders @13lizanne and then Masterchef @mo53 back on later, enjoy your evening everyone.:)

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right I'm off for tonight (stop holding your noses), just been kicked off yet again and I'm not hanging around for the dreaded 'black screen of death'.

Have fun, take care and sweet dreams everyone. See you tomorrow xx

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Real Life drama on now folks = Eastenders @13lizanne and then Masterchef @mo53 back on later, enjoy your evening everyone.:)
Right I'm off for tonight (stop holding your noses), just been kicked off yet again and I'm not hanging around for the dreaded 'black screen of death'.

Have fun, take care and sweet dreams everyone. See you tomorrow xx
Your a friend of mine Liam. Eastenders and Definatley master chef!!! I love cooking, specially Iranian foods but do much less now diabetic! Do miss my food, still as long as I stay 61kilos I'm ok. Do like the sound of your doughnuts tho. Lucky you

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I'm having trouble with forum again just noticed I've got 3 chats popped up ! See how it goes

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My result was 5.8 at 8.15pm folks.:)

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Off work now until Tuesday - off to the Lake District tomorrow until Sunday ... see how the new regime stands up to it!

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@doolallylady - Karen are you about? Want to ask you about this Black Screen???

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Looks like she's offline @liam1955, are you having a problem too?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Diamum5972 - Hello. When I switched on my tablet the screen was black - but only for a second or two. Do you think it is something to do with the website? I am not "technical" minded, know how to send emails, go onto sites etc. I am not allowed on the main computer unless I have a responsible adult watching over me! In the past I have downloaded viruses and it has cost us. So, when on my own I just use my tablet. Are you a compute whizz?