13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fasting Blood this morning was expected 8.7, had 2 slices toast, butter,cream cheese at 5am (was hungry!) And yet, had crackerwheat & cheese at 11.45pm and blood sugar before bed was 6.5 at 1.30am. :rolleyes:
That wasn't a fasting blood result William, you have to fast for 10hrs to get a fasting blood glucose result. Your 8.7 was an "after meal" result just over 2 points higher than your 1.30am result and much what I would have expected after 2 slices toast. If I ate 2 slices of ordinary bread toasted I would have at least a 4point rise 3/4 hrs later. Also our bloods reflect everything we eat the previous day. When I eat a higher carbohydrate food my levels are raised for days!!! So not to worry, eating lower carb foods today will sort your levels out xxr

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, just wanted to share this, yesterday dinner for the first time since I was diagnosed in Jan this year, I tried a fish with no batter and mushy peas from the chip shop, my family have this treat every week so I thought I would join them and see what happened to my BG readings 2hrs after dinner and this morning before breakfast.
2 hrs after dinner 5.8 this morning really pleased 5.1 normally in the 6s. :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh well done Arlene, isn't it great when you find something you had before diabetes you can have again.I wish you many happy fish dinners x

Reactions: 5 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Oh well done Arlene, isn't it great when you find something you had before diabetes you can have again.I wish you many happy fish dinners x
Thank you so much Anna, I was a bit nervous at trying this but I enjoyed it so much it gave me a lift to my mood as it tasted so good, no salt or vinegar on it either. I know that sometimes it can also be what we eat in the day as well can affect our readings but definitely going to try again. x:)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Got my appointment in the mail to see the Rheumatologist on 24th June. I rang the hospital and asked for something sooner? = but nothing. So, asked if there is a cancellation before my date to let me know and I will take it. Thanks for that Anna - @13lizanne don't know why I said Fasting when it was actually an 'Early Breakfast':D

Last edited by a moderator:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Well my second day of low carbs and cals to make up for the Birthday blowout earlier in the week. Off to Sydney tomorrow to the footy and a catch up with family will be challenging as Sunday is weigh in. It better be a bloody good game

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you so much Anna, I was a bit nervous at trying this but I enjoyed it so much it gave me a lift to my mood as it tasted so good, no salt or vinegar on it either. I know that sometimes it can also be what we eat in the day as well can affect our readings but definitely going to try again. x:)
You ought to have heard my cries of delight when I discovered I could eat a few small potatoes, I can't eat them mashed, boiled, roasted etc but I did new potatoes in their skins in the microwave one day and they didn't spike my blood. Well, I let out this yelp! Now I have them about twice a week, any more and they do affect me but, oh the joy when I discovered I could eat them occasionally. We are all so different, once we get the basics in place it really is a case of trial and error. Good luck with your future experiments, you are doing really great so far x

Reactions: 9 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Got my appointment in the mail to see the Rheumatologist on 24th June. I rang the hospital and asked for something sooner? = but nothing. So, asked if there is a cancellation before my date to let me know and I will take it. Thanks for that Anna - @13lizanne don't know why I said Fasting when it was actually an 'Early Breakfast':D
I just didn't want you to worry William, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for a cancellation for you. If your name was Prince William you wouldn't have to bl**dy wait.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with your appiontment, hope all goes well and it's good new (hug)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The Moderators are getting 'annoyed' I think ? - I've counted 4 times they have posted on Type 2, What was your fasting blood glucose thread.

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
I went to the doc shop and had bloods done back for results on Wednesday , then down to the gym 2 hours later feeling I could eat a horse and bs reading 4.4 so settled for scrambled eggs on a slice of sugar free wheaten yum
The horse is safe for another day

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The Moderators are getting 'annoyed' I think ? - I've counted 4 times they have posted on Type 2, What was your fasting blood glucose thread.
They'll probables close it down as people want to enquire how to imorove not just note their levels.
I didn't realise it's closed to just noting levels and no discussion.
I like to improve myself. Not one to just state the obvious. Of course levels different, we are all diabetic. Obvious.
It would be a shame sice so many have messaged me thanking me for replying there. In the past like moderator stated they never got answered. Ignorant I felt so I started replying. That's what communities are about - interacting.
I think it will be stopped as people want answers from good level posters who have the answers as reflected in their excellent fbgs.
It will be very sad. :(

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They'll probables close it down as people want to enquire how to imorove not just note their levels.
I didn't realise it's closed to just noting levels and no discussion.
I like to improve myself. Not one to just state the obvious. Of course levels different, we are all diabetic. Obvious.
It would be a shame sice so many have messaged me thanking me for replying there. In the past like moderator stated they never got answered. Ignorant I felt so I started replying. That's what communities are about - interacting.
I think it will be stopped as people want answers from good level posters who have the answers as reflected in their excellent fbgs.
It will be very sad. :(

I got really uptight when they closed the previous one down as I had been using that as my lifeline in helping to get a grip on my diabetes. I really feel sorry for all the newcomers as they ask questions, obviously wanting answers, and then to see the comments that it is only for posting readings. As a newcomer to the forum I started posting on the previous thread and when I was concerned asked a question and got so many helpful answers and suggestions. So many of the people who helped me are no longer around which I feel sad about. Maybe we need a new thread called something like "Fasting readings and questions, help available". Even now I have times when my readings go a bit off and want to ask questions. Not many people seem to use this thread compared to the fasting thread.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I agree with you both @ickihun and @Hiitsme - You, Vicky are one of a group that always respond, answer questions, gives out sound advice not only to the Newbies but to members like me even!:) From now on when I welcome Newbies I shall put to go over to Type 2 Life thread for questions to be lodged and get answers. :)

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Anyone can ask a question to start a new thread. Why don't we do just that if we feel it would be valuable, that is what the moderators pointed out today. That way the question reaches more of our hundreds of thousands of members and not just the few of us who post on the fasting blood glucose thread.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@maureen5752 - Don't take it personally what was said on Type 2 fasting blood glucose thread, it's aimed at everybody. You are just as valuable as the next member on this forum, so please don't stop.:)

Reactions: 3 people