Sustained weight loss University report...

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi all
has anyone seen / commented on this report, it's been in various web site etc

http://healthsciences.ku.dk/news/new-2016/new-research-obese-people-can-maintain-stable-weight-loss/

I am interested in the reduction of 'ghrelin' and would be interested in ways people have overcome their 'hunger pangs'.

I would like to know what kind of meal plans/nutrient intake was involved doing that research!? Yes...hunger pangs can be issue, but I find it being so when carbs are involved with my diet.
I don't feel any hunger what so ever with generous fat intake..and if I happen to feel slightly more 'hungrier' and have need for snacks...chunk of cheese or creamy coffee will soon sort that out.
I think we all have our own 'hunger pang tricker foods'...and once identifying those and reducing them from out diet...the issues associated with those are greatly reduced without needing to result medication to solve it. It is all about finding the right balance and rest is down to saying no for myself and deeply ingrained habits, rather than real need/hunger for something.
I have been there and done that, and every medication always have its downsides..I rather tackle the diet that often is in fault in first place.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This has been discussed somewhere on here already, It was the Optifast plan, so effectively the Newcastle Diet.