Where's everybody from? And what do you do for work?

Dancoates90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I live in Durham and am a smart repairer and on the roads all the time and by myself, anybody else in the same situation and think about hypos when they all alone? Lol

Reactions: 5 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My name is Hank Hill. I live in Arlen, Texas. I sell propane and propane accessories.

That's uncanny... Because my name is Beavis & I waste a large proportion of my waking life commenting.on MTV with my mate Butthead.. ;)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

My name is Hank Hill. I live in Arlen, Texas. I sell propane and propane accessories.

Pointless posting to a genuine question.

Hi Dan
I'm Shar and retired due to ill health (not diabetes).
Welcome to the site @daisy1 will post some info re different groups and info.
There is a lot of people about your age on site so no doubt you will make some friends in the same situation as you.
Having a hypo when your alone is a common fear, if you have good hypo awareness and test regularly it shouldn't be a problem.
Do you work for a company, there are several "smart" technologies available for lone workers, the one my company used was via mobile phone, you put in where you are going roughly how long it will take to do job, the phone then calls you, if you don't respond it does it again a minute later, if you don't respond to third call it automatically calls emergency contacts.
there are a few other options that are this site as well

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi. I was born in Manchester and live in Hampshire. I am a self employed home help/handy person.

Reactions: 15 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hi
I was born in Rossendale Lancashire,age 27 went to live in Durham,married a man from Stockton on Tees and was there for several years,we then went to Chesterfield Derbyshire for sixteen years,and now retired to Rochester Kent.
I loved my job,I worked for Methodist Homes,in Nottingham and was a home manager.We have four grown up children and six grandchildren
We are enjoying retirment and spend our time between Rochester and Vinaros Spain.

Reactions: 14 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello and welcome
Durham is a lovely place
My name is Ian and as my user name suggests I live in Cumberland (Cumbria) I'm lucky because in 15 minutes either way I can be in the Lake District or the Northern Pennines AONB

I work in Carlisle for the NHS and Carlisle United are the greatest football club ........... In Cumbria

Reactions: 11 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi i'm clive, live in battersea london( not the dogs home) and i drive a luxury mini-coach for a livng

Reactions: 14 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
I was born in Rossendale Lancashire,age 27 went to live in Durham,married a man from Stockton on Tees and was there for several years,we then went to Chesterfield Derbyshire for sixteen years,and now retired to Rochester Kent.
I loved my job,I worked for Methodist Homes,in Nottingham and was a home manager.We have four grown up children and six grandchildren
We are enjoying retirment and spend our time between Rochester and Vinaros Spain.

I live in Stockton :)

Reactions: 10 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Moved on average every 3 years... Currently Peterborough. Hoping to settle here longer !!

Reactions: 9 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
born in Canada
live near Mold in north wales
retired from sales career 2 years ago

Reactions: 12 people

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I live in Aberdeen (Scotland) and I am a Door Supervisor aka 'bouncer'

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I live in Sunderland after returning from working in Central London and lived on the south coast for 25yrs. Met hubby no.2 in kent and he loves north-east and the chatty people. 2 young children from metformin magic who keep me young! :)

Reactions: 10 people

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's uncanny... Because my name is Beavis & I waste a large proportion of my waking life commenting.on MTV with my mate Butthead.. ;)
Lol, I wasn't sure if King of the Hill had made its way to the UK or not. I haven't seen a Beavis and Butthead episode in years.

I do live on Texas though. Financial Advisor by profession. Not sure if it's called the same thing in the UK.

Reactions: 8 people