Why don't some people get it?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I read that sausages are good. So I had some Tesco cocktail sausages. Then read the label. 61% meat, then water, then rusk. So maybe not all sausages are equal? What do people mean by sausages, bearing in mind i have to use supermarket ones.
Have you tried the Black Farmers sausages? From memory they are about 1 carb each and also gluten free. Added bonus they taste nice as well.

Reactions: 8 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Black farmers sausages I have to say I have never heard of these where do you gte them from ? not a lover of sausages but will try them

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Playing the Devils Advocate card here..
Am I correct in thinking these sausages are very expensive? I've got a fair sized Tesco near me but haven't seen them either, maybe Asda. I was casting my mind back a few years, when I had to give up work to care for my daughter - money was seriously tight. Think I'll take this to the low carb forum lol.
Sorry for derailing:oops:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Playing the Devils Advocate card here..
Am I correct in thinking these sausages are very expensive? I've got a fair sized Tesco near me but haven't seen them either, maybe Asda. I was casting my mind back a few years, when I had to give up work to care for my daughter - money was seriously tight. Think I'll take this to the low carb forum lol.
Sorry for derailing:oops:
There's not a lot of difference in price the quality is far superior to ordinary supermarket sausages though. Tesco's stock them as does Morrison's. Sainsbury's gluten free are very nice and low carb as well.
The Black Farmer lives in the next village to me :)

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Thanks for that, will start a new thread in LC:)

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only 90% meat though, and a lot of soya flour, from your link.
Worth noting, as it's been said some avoid soya.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Sorry @SunnyExpat, all we can do is provide the links for folks to read and decide for themselves. I for one will not refrain from replying to posts on the off chance that someone somewhere has a reaction to an ingredient that is openly listed in the ingredients.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry @SunnyExpat, all we can do is provide the links for folks to read and decide for themselves. I for one will not refrain from replying to posts on the off chance that someone somewhere has a reaction to an ingredient that is openly listed in the ingredients.
No need to apologise, I for one certainly post information so others have the full picture to decide for themselves as well.

P

paula.nolan42

Hi all, this has been a very interesting thread to read, thanks for all the contributions so far. I was diagnosed T2 at the end of November 2015. I reduced the obvious carbs initially and have been modifying according to my meter ever since. However there is a part of my brain that's not clued into my new way of life, this part of my brain is hard wired to my stomach and they are in cahoots against me! What I've discovered is, I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. When I'm good, I'm great, doing all the right things. But when I'm tempted or when bad food is available I have no control, no off switch and certainly no ability to say no. So while 'intellectually' I do get it and most of the time I'm doing it, there are times when I literally do not give a flying rats ass about low carbs....

lorsand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't eat any vegetables (or any plants for that matter). I take my health very seriously and I'm quite healthy now. I ate lots of vegetables before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. They didn't do a thing for my health.
Hi, can I ask for an example of your breakfast, dinner and tea please. I am having loads of vegetables and salad (not really keen) to fill up on because I have stopped rice, pasta, potatoes and bread, oh and fruit (not that stopping fruit bothers me!).

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's not a lot of difference in price the quality is far superior to ordinary supermarket sausages though. Tesco's stock them as does Morrison's. Sainsbury's gluten free are very nice and low carb as well.
The Black Farmer lives in the next village to me :)

I use tesco's pork and leek , not a bad price (£1.50) and often on offer, and I only have one with a fry up.. they are 2.75g of carbs each, its worth looking thru the sausage section in any supermarket as most have good options at a low price.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, can I ask for an example of your breakfast, dinner and tea please. I am having loads of vegetables and salad (not really keen) to fill up on because I have stopped rice, pasta, potatoes and bread, oh and fruit (not that stopping fruit bothers me!).

Take a look at dietdoctor.com - it has lots of recipes ideas. There is also a part of this forum with LCHF recipes if you choose to follow this type of diet.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD do you think the LCHF DietDoctor food program helps with weight loss ? whats your experience been with that ?

Paula - Lots of people have dropped some weight on the Diet Doctor way of eating. He keeps it pretty simple, which loads of folks like.

P

paula.nolan42

Paula - Lots of people have dropped some weight on the Diet Doctor way of eating. He keeps it pretty simple, which loads of folks like.

@AndBreathe - I understand that lots have people have lost some weigh on the dietdoctor program - I know that.

I was asking what one persons particular experience was - because I know that he has done that program specifically.

I am currently on day 11 of the program so I just wanted to get some comparison info.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Brkfst: Bacon and eggs
Dinner: Steak
That's it, usually. Never feel the need to "fill up".