Type 2 Life

P

paula.nolan42

I baked biscuits today. Butter, sugar, flour, egg & custard powder. I ate every single one. Yesterday I had a burger and chips from the chippy, that was a blow-out after 3 pints. And on Saturday I had McDs. Is it any wonder I feel like *****.

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
What are you doing Paula? Everything was going so well for you, what happened?

S

Sable_Jan

I baked biscuits today. Butter, sugar, flour, egg & custard powder. I ate every single one. Yesterday I had a burger and chips from the chippy, that was a blow-out after 3 pints. And on Saturday I had McDs. Is it any wonder I feel like *****.
Probably not.. . but tomorrow is another day......

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
where else though to day mine went up in smoke then out the window and into the wild blue yonder.

S

Sable_Jan

Self control went down the toilet
If I have a spell like that I get rid of all the naughty foods and ingredients (give them to my daughter) and fill my cupboards/fridge with the "good stuff" .

Have a look at the Low carb recipes as you obviously like to bake, stratiacella cake (uses almond flour and sweetener amongst other stuff) download the recipe books from the DUCK website then bake/cook yourself silly. You may end up eating too much and being stuffed but at least your bs won't suffer
I got an " almost bounty" recipe of the Scream Thread yesterday which sounds good. High calories but low bs

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Self control went down the toilet
Right you missus! That was just a couple of days - look how far you've come and how strong your will is when you are focused. @Sable_Jan 's suggestion about the low carb baking is spot on. It will keep your brain, hands and creativity occupied. I'm going to start a new regime tomorrow, I'd been getting careless and if I don't sit on it now...well, you know. Let's keep each other focused Paula.

Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm off to bed now, been up and about since 5.30am and am kn*****ed Sweet dreams everyone. Hope you all have a good, long sleep

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Phew! I've got a numb bum now - I got the latest Star Wars DVD for DS this afternoon and after him telling his friends about it online and me phoning mum it was rather late when we started watching it. Note to self - don't start watching a 2 and a half hour long film after 8 pm! Night all :)

Reactions: 8 people
P

paula.nolan42

I got an " almost bounty" recipe of the Scream Thread yesterday which sounds good. High calories but low bs

I've done the Almost-Bounty recipe. They're great, very nice. But I had to stop making them because once I start eating them I didn't stop.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yey, back in the 5s ... 5.8 this morning. Getting good control again helped - feeling happier, now off to swim 1.2km ... well if I can wake up

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 am
okay, ate later last night, SiL 50th, so there were bubbles and some cake (carrot).
Feeling completely kippered this morning, wheels fell off last night and left wife and son to look after themselves.
Usually go swimming on a Tuesday, though not too sure if we will manage it today... see how the next hour goes.

@PenfoldAPD good stuff fella, keep on keeping on.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Yey, back in the 5s ... 5.8 this morning. Getting good control again helped - feeling happier, now off to swim 1.2km ... well if I can wake up
Well done Penfold! You truly are a winner

Reactions: 6 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD Yay ! Well done matey.......cant have you out of control you are one of the ones I benchmark against x

Honestly feel so much better @Lindy1706 after just 2 good days - and I had some sneaky red wine last night. Hope your numbers are ok today?

@hankjam cheers mate, jealous of your bubbles and cake :) go swimming - you know it'll be good for you!

Reactions: 5 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
I awoke this morning at quarter to nine ante meridian and administered my morning oral medication of my Metformin Hydrochloride, ADHD medication and anti-hypertensive medication and anti-urinary retention capsule.

When I took my blood glucose reading at 9:12 am it was:- 6.2 millimoles per litre.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well yesterday was a bit odd had evening meal which very unusual for me was a pasta bake Bg didn't budge from 6.6 till 3 hours had past then 7.0 and dropped down to 6.3 after about 4 hours it often takes me well over three hours for my BG to peak. was 5.0 this morning.