Wondering how many have undiagnosed RH?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Why did they do the 72h fast on you? To exclude insulinomas?
Yes and any other conditions that needed monitoring but nothing was found in other subsequent tests.

During a prolonged fast, if your blood glucose levels drop into hypo, then they need to do more tests to see what is causing the hypos, because it would normally discount food. And probably be something akin to insulinoma! Or even pancreatitis!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, struggling here with anxiety, heartburn (new) and just wondering how I will get myself through diagnostics process. Energy really low at the moment

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be a cry baby but just need some support.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry. It is an emotional rollercoaster.

- just stick with it, and the time WILL pass. And you will come out of it with more knowledge, even if it is just being able to cross possibilities off the list. :)

When is your scan?

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Next Wednesday, next week. I'm in good hands, that I know

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
The scan script says insolioma but the docs are mystified cos aside hypo after eating no other symptom. They say I'm an unusual case

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I treasure your support thanks

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
All my bloods aside insulin ones are good, iron is low

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Try and stay positive Alicki. It's a very emotional and worrying time and you're not being a "cry baby"! We've all been there and some of us still going through it. At least you're in good hands and your Doctors are looking into every possibility. I sure wish mine would.

Sending you positive thoughts and hugs. Good luck next week.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks, struggling here with anxiety, heartburn (new) and just wondering how I will get myself through diagnostics process. Energy really low at the moment

If you recognise that anxiety is a symptom and not something that has been diagnosed as a mental health problem. Then you will realise that that's half the battle won.
You do have to face this and try and be more positive, no matter what they diagnose, it has to be better than being in the dark.
Then you move on to how to successfully treat the condition.
Baby steps will get you there.
Be encouraged by the way that we on here, have successfully treated the condition by good control and the knowledge that if we can do it, you can!
We have been where you are now. We have the experience to get you through this. There are worse things than getting these tests.
It comes down to the mere fact that not knowing is making you worse than what you are. Fear of the unknown can be awful.
But knowing is far better, take my word for it!

You're worrying for worrying sake!

Hope this really helps.

The tests don't hurt! Really!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, in theory all this holds up. It's up to me to put it into practice

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
What's scares me to hell is pancreatic cancer - aside that I think I can manage stuff. I'm 44 and have problems facing my mortality

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Being in the dark is worse than ever, truth no matter what brings peace but fighting against a dark Vader you don't know is absolutely terrible. It gets really bad when I think of family and impending death

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to both of you for being there for me. Last day of work until the weekend - I will rest tomorrow

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Being in the dark is worse than ever, truth no matter what brings peace but fighting against a dark Vader you don't know is absolutely terrible. It gets really bad when I think of family and impending death

Who's Darth Vader?

I'm a trekkie!

You never get used to the fact that we all have to go sometime.
I've had my good share of it, tho it's not going to happen to me for a while yet!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Just under a week to go for the mri and gastro appointment. It's incredible the difference between health care across Europe. Here scans are easy to get but 72h fasts much more difficult. I'm holding up, it's all the waiting before and after that getting me.. Low carbs is definitely the way to go, nausea better . Thanks for standing by me, much appreciated