jcwz

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
when you rub your nails against glass
Hi everyone! My name is Jodan,19 and I'm a student from Singapore.
I'm doing a project to find out what kind of desserts(yogurt ice cream) a person having diabetes would prefer to eat, what flavours so my team and I would be able to sell desserts suited for them. It will be much appreciated if you could help me fill up this survey! It would also be great telling me if there is something wrong with the survey if its bias, misinterpreting or any other. This survey is based in Singapore it will better if the figures you give be stated such as USD,EUR and many others. Also, is there any other desserts that comes to mind that can be made easily?
I am really new this community so forgive me if there is a part in the survey that is insults you in any way.
Thank you all for taking your time to read this thread and have a good day!

Here is the survey - http://goo.gl/forms/ySgKfK34LY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This survey concentrates on frozen yoghurt ice cream and nothing else and I have never tested it.

jcwz

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
when you rub your nails against glass
This survey concentrates on frozen yoghurt ice cream and nothing else and I have never tested it.
Hello, yes are there any improvements you think that could help improve the survey ? It focuses on yogurt ice cream as my lecturer thinks its better to just focus on one particluar dessert so it will not be confusing. My team and I are still conceptualising the idea.
Thank you for doing the survey!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a look at the survey but didn't want to give my name so I didn't complete it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I completed the survey and gave a user name.

You concentrate on one dessert and don't say what you would use instead of sugar or what other ingredients you would use.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I won't bother with it but we should know who approved the survey and why ... IMO

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Frozen yougurt great idea but I would personally prefer different dessert. Chocolate mousse my favourite:)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I won't bother with it but we should know who approved the survey and why ... IMO
every survey is passed for approval by admin
I would like to think that admin feels as I do that any potentially new products to help people with diabetes should be encouraged , not stifled.
My perspective may not be the same as yours because of length of time in the D camp and nature of treatment.

I welcome all research into ways to hopefully make the burden less rather than more.

edited to add -- have completed the survey and I must admit I almost never eat dessert ( habit of a near lifetime)
but if research doesn't happen - potentially good new products won't either

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer to make my own low carb desserts - there are many different options that involve only the cost of the basic ingredients plus a few minutes time. In general, I choose not to buy diabetic specific products, so don't feel I could make any positive contributions to the survey.

Robbity

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing
S

Sean01

Very heavily biased towards market research. Your focus is on finding out what flavour desserts I would like to eat. I don't eat desserts. I can't eat desserts - you see - there are too many sugars in typical sweet desserts. I will eat cheese and nuts as a snack, but generally I keep away from ice cream yoghurts, fruit and cake and anything else that reminds me that sweet things are out there. I think I am right in saying that after a while of being off sugary food, taste buds change.
You might want to focus on the psychology of 'desserts' and find out what if anything, people want at the end of a meal rather than sticking to the kind of thing that led to being Type 2 in the first place (at least in my case.)

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
every survey is passed for approval by admin
I would like to think that admin feels as I do that any potentially new products to help people with diabetes should be encouraged , not stifled.
My perspective may not be the same as yours because of length of time in the D camp and nature of treatment.

I welcome all research into ways to hopefully make the burden less rather than more.

edited to add -- have completed the survey and I must admit I almost never eat dessert ( habit of a near lifetime)
but if research doesn't happen - potentially good new products won't either

I never suggested it should be stifled and would not contemplate saying that. I don't eat sweets ... period. Hence my "not bother with it" comment.

If the admin wants to put it up, then fine with me

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I never suggested it should be stifled and would not contemplate saying that. I don't eat sweets ... period. Hence my "not bother with it" comment.

If the admin wants to put it up, then fine with me
you suggest motive in your response @Mike D
quoted below

" I won't bother with it but we should know who approved the survey and why ... IMO "

You and I have more than likely seen eye to eye over many topics on this forum in the past.
With my history stretching back to long before no sugar ( and no or low calorie) products were invented I take the view that
any potential new products should be researched. admittedly they may never benefit either myself or your good self.
they still should be encouraged through research.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This survey appears to be merely market research . Most questions are not relevant to me, as there is the assumption that I would choose to eat frozen yogurt or 'diabetes friendly' highly processed foods.

I agree with the poster, @Mike D wondered at the value of including this survey here. Sorry if this offends @admin, or @himtoo, but I fail to see how this particular 'research project' from Singapore, can be of any use to members of DCUK. It is a badly constructed questionnaire, with irrelevant questions.