1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Approved Survey on Diabetic desserts.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by jcwz, May 14, 2016.

1. jcwz

jcwz Don't have diabetes · Newbie

Hi everyone! My name is Jodan,19 and I'm a student from Singapore.
    I'm doing a project to find out what kind of desserts(yogurt ice cream) a person having diabetes would prefer to eat, what flavours so my team and I would be able to sell desserts suited for them. It will be much appreciated if you could help me fill up this survey! It would also be great telling me if there is something wrong with the survey if its bias, misinterpreting or any other. This survey is based in Singapore it will better if the figures you give be stated such as USD,EUR and many others. Also, is there any other desserts that comes to mind that can be made easily?
    I am really new this community so forgive me if there is a part in the survey that is insults you in any way.
    Thank you all for taking your time to read this thread and have a good day!

Here is the survey - http://goo.gl/forms/ySgKfK34LY

2. Cat0409_

Cat0409_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Done

• Like Like x 1
  3. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

This survey concentrates on frozen yoghurt ice cream and nothing else and I have never tested it.

4. jcwz

Thank you!

5. jcwz

Hello, yes are there any improvements you think that could help improve the survey ? It focuses on yogurt ice cream as my lecturer thinks its better to just focus on one particluar dessert so it will not be confusing. My team and I are still conceptualising the idea.
    Thank you for doing the survey!

6. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I had a look at the survey but didn't want to give my name so I didn't complete it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

I completed the survey and gave a user name.

You concentrate on one dessert and don't say what you would use instead of sugar or what other ingredients you would use.

9. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

I won't bother with it but we should know who approved the survey and why ... IMO

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

It will have been the Administrator Mike.

11. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 2
  12. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Frozen yougurt great idea but I would personally prefer different dessert. Chocolate mousse my favourite:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

every survey is passed for approval by admin
    I would like to think that admin feels as I do that any potentially new products to help people with diabetes should be encouraged , not stifled.
    My perspective may not be the same as yours because of length of time in the D camp and nature of treatment.

I welcome all research into ways to hopefully make the burden less rather than more.

edited to add -- have completed the survey and I must admit I almost never eat dessert ( habit of a near lifetime)
    but if research doesn't happen - potentially good new products won't either

#13 himtoo, May 15, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  14. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I prefer to make my own low carb desserts - there are many different options that involve only the cost of the basic ingredients plus a few minutes time. In general, I choose not to buy diabetic specific products, so don't feel I could make any positive contributions to the survey.

Robbity

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sean01

Sean01 · Guest

Very heavily biased towards market research. Your focus is on finding out what flavour desserts I would like to eat. I don't eat desserts. I can't eat desserts - you see - there are too many sugars in typical sweet desserts. I will eat cheese and nuts as a snack, but generally I keep away from ice cream yoghurts, fruit and cake and anything else that reminds me that sweet things are out there. I think I am right in saying that after a while of being off sugary food, taste buds change.
    You might want to focus on the psychology of 'desserts' and find out what if anything, people want at the end of a meal rather than sticking to the kind of thing that led to being Type 2 in the first place (at least in my case.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

I never suggested it should be stifled and would not contemplate saying that. I don't eat sweets ... period. Hence my "not bother with it" comment.

If the admin wants to put it up, then fine with me

17. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

you suggest motive in your response @Mike D
    quoted below

" I won't bother with it but we should know who approved the survey and why ... IMO "

You and I have more than likely seen eye to eye over many topics on this forum in the past.
    With my history stretching back to long before no sugar ( and no or low calorie) products were invented I take the view that
    any potential new products should be researched. admittedly they may never benefit either myself or your good self.
    they still should be encouraged through research.

18. Natalie1974

Natalie1974 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

19. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

It doesn't mention Sticky Toffee Pudding :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

This survey appears to be merely market research . Most questions are not relevant to me, as there is the assumption that I would choose to eat frozen yogurt or 'diabetes friendly' highly processed foods.

I agree with the poster, @Mike D wondered at the value of including this survey here. Sorry if this offends @admin, or @himtoo, but I fail to see how this particular 'research project' from Singapore, can be of any use to members of DCUK. It is a badly constructed questionnaire, with irrelevant questions.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook