What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
B: Good Green Stuff and Clean Lean Protein

L: Salmon, nuts and seeds with dressing

D: mackerel, cabbage, cauliflower followed by strawbs and blueberries.

2ltr of liquid (water, tea, coffee)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B bacon eggs coffee
L salami cheese
S mug cake with strawbs
D rib eye steak and spinach

Fasting tomorrow....

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

D

debrasue

B: Gloucester Old Spot sausage, mushrooms, scrambled egg, 1 slice Nimble bread toasted
L: Nothing
D (will be): Minted lamb chops, cheesy courgettes, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, tinned tomatoes; blackberries & cherries

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled eggs
L: cheese and chorizo
D: Just Cook red chicken Thai curry and Jasmine rice - 16g carbs total, but doesn't spike me and is so tasty

To follow ... a selection of cheese from France - and the odd glass, or two, of red wine!

Reactions: 2 people

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - egg and mushrooms
L- cheese sandwich on Lidl roll
S- 50g almonds
D - whole bunch of asparagus steamed with lots of butter and an avocado vinegrette.

22g carbs

Interesting that Jasmine rice doesn't spike you @PenfoldAPD . I thought it was one of the worst. When I have lost a bit more weight, I'll be trying out different sorts - I hope basmati will be ok (brown or white) even if only in small amounts. I miss rice

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

B - egg and mushrooms
L- cheese sandwich on Lidl roll
S- 50g almonds
D - whole bunch of asparagus steamed with lots of butter and an avocado vinegrette.

22g carbs

Interesting that Jasmine rice doesn't spike you @PenfoldAPD . I thought it was one of the worst. When I have lost a bit more weight, I'll be trying out different sorts - I hope basmati will be ok (brown or white) even if only in small amounts. I miss rice
Jasmine rice would spike me, too, at 77g of carbs per 100g of rice. I can eat half a pack (125g) of Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati rice, though as it only has 23g of carbs per 100g of rice and that doesn't spike me.

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I can eat half a pack (125g) of Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati rice, though as it only has 23g of carbs per 100g of rice and that doesn't spike me.
Good to know. Thanks. Still, lots of carbs whilst I'm trying to burn fat (only about a stone to get to BMI of 25)

Blitzie

B - Scrambled eggs,slice of bacon, thin sliced of toast with butter

L - Pork scratchings, lava chocolate mug cake with a scoop of oppo ice cream salted caramel flavour (Been looking for this since PenfoldAPH mentioned it, but not been able to find it anywhere until now, was in Holland & Barretts & I got the very last tub,manager told me if I ring them before Tuesday & let them know what I want, they will order it for me. Thank you PenfoldAPH, its absolutely delicious)

D - Chicken & cauliflower cheese.

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

a lot of BBQ flavor stuff has added sugar so if you still have the tin, take a gander at the ingredients.

You can make a kind of coating for alonds that you roast made of sea salt, cayenne, smoked paprika if you can get it, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder. You either make a powder of this in a coffee grinder or in a mortar and pestle. The cayenne is the leas ingredient. Coat a bunch of raw almonds in their skins with the powder, shake off excess, slow roast them on 200 degree fahrenheit After a small while, stir them and when they start smelling right, take them out. . These are the dry kind but you can also roast with oil in which case mix the spices with the oil, use slotted spoon and becareful about too much oil on the pan
Sounds yummy and I think this rub would work well with chicken, too. I'm going to give these a try. :hungry:

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
a lot of BBQ flavor stuff has added sugar so if you still have the tin, take a gander at the ingredients.

These don't , same as plain almonds ~ 7 g of carbs per 100 g. They also had some honey roasted almonds in their selection which were ~ 40 g of carbs per 100 g. I would have noticed in my BS if they were loaded with sugar :-0

Here is the link (unfortunately no nutritional info)
https://www.aldi-sued.de/de/angebot...etailseite-kw19-mo/ps/p/geroestete-mandeln-2/

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
B: same as usual - Good Green Stuff, Clean Lean Protein, but C soluble, chia seeds, 800 ml water.

Diagnosed 13 April 16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, weight 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, waist 42").

2 June 16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, weight 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, waist 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile each day, weekly intermittent fasting.

Never give in, never give in, never never never given in...Winston Churchill.

Sent from my iPhone3 June16:

Sent from my iPhone

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2xSoft Boiled Egg, 1 Slice of German Rye Bread, lots of Tea
L: Smoked Salmon, Salad Leaves, Cream Cheese, EVOO & Raspberry Vinegar
S: BabyBel
D: Sirloin Steak with Coleslaw and a Mixed Salad with Feta...............Cotes du Rhone x lots......Strawberries with grated 85% and Double Cream.

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
2 slices of bacon and 1 fried egg for breakfast
Lunch was half an avocado a boiled egg mixed with mayo
Snack has been a couple of lidl salami sticks.
Dinner is going to be Polish tonight so who knows!

D

debrasue

B: Coffee and cream
L: Iceberg lettuce, 4 cherry plum tomatoes, 1 slice cold turkey, 1 slice ham; blackberries
D (will be): Gloucester Old Spot sausages, mixed salad, roasted celeriac; coyo ahnd black cherries
Carbs: 27.7g
:)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting day 3
D two double cheeseburgers, no bun, Sprite Zero

S spinach 'soup'. Fat bomb.

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF