Type 2 Life

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm, first day of Metformin and up at 7.5, was around 5.6 this morning. Had a Starbucks flat white, hadn't realised 10g of carbs in this - that was 2 hours ago so will see what happens now. Eggs for breakfast so no issue there.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, what is this r-ala Supplement you have mentioned? William x:)

Reactions: 4 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Aud3150 As mentioned above, here, in my signature, are the links to the information we give to new members and I hope you will find it helpful. If you need any help members will be able to answer you.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good Morning, my good friends,

On waking this morning, a grave autistic meltdown was precipitated by one of my tablets (Amlodipine 10 mg) fell out of the dossett box on to the floor of the kitchen due to my hand shaking so badly and general motor clumsiness. I couldn't find the tablet in my filthy and untidy kitchen and I can't clean it because I can't bend because of moderate osteoarthritis in the spine.

My friend Lee says he's never seen a full autistic meltdown from myself before, I was flapping my hands and banging myself.

Lee is going to tidy some of the disarray in my kitchen later on this afternoon, and I am grateful to him for that.

My blood glucose reading was 6.4 this morning at 9:20 Ante Meridian.

From @autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker)
Good morning Johnny, I'm sorry that you felt so bad today. It was good that you had Lee with you when it happened, are you feeling a bit better now?

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my good friends,

On waking this morning, a grave autistic meltdown was precipitated by one of my tablets (Amlodipine 10 mg) fell out of the dossett box on to the floor of the kitchen due to my hand shaking so badly and general motor clumsiness. I couldn't find the tablet in my filthy and untidy kitchen and I can't clean it because I can't bend because of moderate osteoarthritis in the spine.

My friend Lee says he's never seen a full autistic meltdown from myself before, I was flapping my hands and banging myself.

Lee is going to tidy some of the disarray in my kitchen later on this afternoon, and I am grateful to him for that.

My blood glucose reading was 6.4 this morning at 9:20 Ante Meridian.

From @autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker)
Well done, Johnny - that's a good reading. I'm sorry you had troubles this morning, but I'm glad your friends are going to help you out. Hugs

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

Think it's like when a dogs hair goes up on the back of its neck. I "think" dander is soft downy hair on the back of ours.....but don't quote me on that
I had to Google it afterwards, and there are apparently two possible options. One is the one you've mentioned, Sable Jan - referring to a dog or cat's dander (dandruff), which would be raised if their hackles were up. The other refers to the name for the froth on the top of alcohol as it brews and could be used in the same way as "to get in a stew" or to "boil with rage".
Take yer pick!
:)

Reactions: 5 people

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good morning Johnny, I'm sorry that you felt so bad today. It was good that you had Lee with you when it happened, are you feeling a bit better now?
Good Morning, @13lizanne. I'm feeling much better now, but still missing my little Amlodipine 10 mg anti-hypertensive tablet. Lee's done a stellar job of cleaning my kitchen and is returning to complete the work later. It looks much better and more clutter-free. I feel very happy indeed. He also purchased me a sausage ciabatta from a local cafeteria. It cost £2.80 and I reimbursed him £3.00 and he gave me 20 pence change.

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello again Johnny, I'm glad that you are feeling better now, it must have been horrible to feel that things were not under your control. Try to forget about your missing tablet, you have a lovely clean and tidy kitchen now and so that's something to be pleased about. Have a good afternoon @autisticwonder1970

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Just a bit of info for those following a low carb diet . Last night I tried out a recipe from low carb central web site. I came across this site quite by accident . I made a low carb meatloaf it was absolutely lovely . Going to try out there chicken casserole tonight .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just a bit of info for those following a low carb diet . Last night I tried out a recipe from low carb central web site. I came across this site quite by accident . I made a low carb meatloaf it was absolutely lovely . Going to try out there chicken casserole tonight .
How are things @tina_marie ?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Not to bad thanks Vicky.

Reactions: 7 people

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
Yey, coming off Metformin ... Doc says lower blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c means stopping this is fine - will review other medication in 4 months, but exercise and lifestyle changes have made such a difference.

Also, shouldn't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon once in a while. It's a good day today!
Well done. I'm still only a diet controlled Diabetic and looking to do the same.
I have a slightly chaotic life style, but have done myself a favour of putting myself first, something I have never done before.
I'm also begining to see and feel the health benefits and spend less time in a alcohol induced self loathing, just to go back to work on a Monday.
Also I have started to monitor my sleeping habits and take a herbal night time tea to help me switch off and improve my sleeping.

I have given up using the lift at work and use the stairs for all journeys around the 7 floors of the office.

Next is a new bike and to carry on with my low carb paleo diet.
Fingers crossed I shall be saying the same thing in a few months.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Deff Jeff may I just say "well done" on what you have achieved so far? Excellent in every department, as a boss of mine once said ( but not to me:) )

S

Sable_Jan

Sending you hugs Maureen, my fbg was 7.4 this morning! Must have been the stress from my son's dentist visit yesterday
Forgot to do mine (I think) but back to usual muesli for breakfast...always weighed...I do not trust myself to pour it out and guage it by eye alone.....so whatever it was, it was.....didn't test before dinner either as I just had fritatta with lettuce and I know that's ok. My testing fingers will be thankful for the rest :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
That's the casserole in the oven and the smell is making me hungry.

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

That's the casserole in the oven and the smell is making me hungry.
Salmon, potatoes and peas for us. Use those fish bags and put dots of butter on fish. Spuds will be loaded with butter too
Had I remembered to take steak out of freeze last night ours would've been casserole too

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Salmon, potatoes and peas for us. Use those fish bags and put dots of butter on fish. Spuds will be loaded with butter too
Had I remembered to take steak out of freeze last night ours would've been casserole too
Ron cant eat potatoes . It spikes him .