Type 2 Life

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know if it shows up at your end that I keep changing my rating icons on posts.............
It's not that I'm indecisive - it's the fact that my little chubby fingers don't work very well on the mini iPad and I keep hitting the wrong icons.
Just wanted to clear that up.
You're welcome!
:p
Same here! Only mines my eyes! Was wondering if it shows up, mind you how can you check?

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I don't know if it shows up at your end that I keep changing my rating icons on posts.............
It's not that I'm indecisive - it's the fact that my little chubby fingers don't work very well on the mini iPad and I keep hitting the wrong icons.
Just wanted to clear that up.
You're welcome!
:p
Upgrade to a posh one like mine, 12.9" Pro lmao :oops::D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Off to bed soon after a quick Netflix. Nite nite :)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My bgs 8.1 at the moment! Not good, really playing up last few days, & I'm getting more exercise, hope it goes down soon.

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
My bgs 8.1 at the moment! Not good, really playing up last few days, & I'm getting more exercise, hope it goes down soon.
Sending you hugs Maureen, my fbg was 7.4 this morning! Must have been the stress from my son's dentist visit yesterday

S

Sable_Jan

. Thanks, will do. Good idea! 47! Lucky you wish I was 47 again, oh to be so young, I was walking my daughter to school when I was 47 to the junior/infants. Time goes so fast
My youngest was 19 when I was 47. Eldest was 28 and middle one 26... I'm 58 now so seems forever since they were primary ages. Grandchildren at primary and preschool now.......where did that time go

S

Sable_Jan

Gosh, we're a pretty terrifying bunch when our dander's up (whatever that means), aren't we?. The guy doesn't stand a chance
@maureen5752 !
Think it's like when a dogs hair goes up on the back of its neck. I "think" dander is soft downy hair on the back of ours.....but don't quote me on that

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends,

On waking this morning, a grave autistic meltdown was precipitated by one of my tablets (Amlodipine 10 mg) fell out of the dossett box on to the floor of the kitchen due to my hand shaking so badly and general motor clumsiness. I couldn't find the tablet in my filthy and untidy kitchen and I can't clean it because I can't bend because of moderate osteoarthritis in the spine.

My friend Lee says he's never seen a full autistic meltdown from myself before, I was flapping my hands and banging myself.

Lee is going to tidy some of the disarray in my kitchen later on this afternoon, and I am grateful to him for that.

My blood glucose reading was 6.4 this morning at 9:20 Ante Meridian.

From @autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker)

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
We don't have to wear leather trousers and thigh-high boots, do we? Because I think I sent mine to the Heart Foundation shop in about 1978...........

Steady on girls, us fellas are all of a dither:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Welcome to type 2 life forum @Aud3150 .
We can look after you here.
They like to keep fasting forum to numbers and a sentence, preferably.

LCHF (low carb high fat) is an eating plan which is well documented on these forums as a blood glucose lowering plan. Some lose weight on it too. It can be used to keep your weight healthy. (I only lost at the begining of it and then stopped, because I overate on protein instead).
There is a big section on nutrition and a low carb programme too but don't get overwelmed. Have a read and see what you think.
I've had to go slowly slowly catchy monkey and still made a mistake but I've put it right now!
Loads of support available.
ASK A QUESTION forum is one of my favourites.
STORIES AND SUCCESSES is awesome!

Read at your leisure.
Your on the right path to lower fasting blood glucose levels!

I'll tag @daisy1 for the correct introduction to the forums.

Your welcome anytime.
Ask questions even the funny ones. You can ask anything. Enjoy! :)