Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@tina_marie - Yes, Lovely Avatar of You and Eldergarth. I have New Potatoe's once a week with lots of melted butter on and grated cheese on them. :)

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stopped Metformin yesterday. Today's BG much higher - well 6.5s rather than 5s. Did eat a bit too much chocolate last night - also a Flat White from Starbucks today, 10g of carbs! Swimming been lacking due to trip away - be back in the pool today.

Also tired, and stressed with work (partially as I'm tired so can't focus). I think I'll just write off this working week and start again on Monday.

And I'll worry if my BGs don't come down next week when my routine is restored!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
One very tired husband.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, FBG 8.9 mmol/l. Still feeling ******. Day 2 of antibiotics and nasal sprays. Just steamed my nose with hot water and vapour rub in a basin with a bath towel covering it. Hasn't done much good. Going to take more Codeine 30mg and early bed. Absolutely done in this week - amazed I've survived ! Starving too plus the runs (one of antibiotics little gems lol). :eek:;):)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Appointment with Diabetic Nurse this afternoon. She's delighted with the progress thus far and re-iterated what the nurse said the other week "Whatever it is you are doing, keep on doing it and I'll see you in six months"

I was not surprised to find my HbA1c had risen very slightly (from 57 to 58) and I've agreed to an upping of Metformin (from 3 x 500g to 4 x 500g) to see if we can deal with the FBS being the highest of the day - I'm kind of disappointed which is silly of me. But, I am reminding myself that I've achieved a massive turn round in so much (weight, blood pressure, cholesterol are all down and well within the targets I'd been set) and this was not unexpected. In fact, I was expecting higher!

We had an amicable disagreement about test strips! I stated clearly it was my main tool in getting good control and as I was fine self-funding the strips I would continue to test. She did try to discourage my four times a day testing habit, (more in a resigned "This is what I've got to say" kind of way rather than a scolding "You don't need to do this") but agreed it was my right to do so.

I shall take my disappointment for a long walk!

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Vicky, I am going to up the Insulin by 2 units to 16 for evening. But stay on the 30 units on a morning. (I had a 20.4 before bed the other evening) I am also going to way myself now and then on Sunday to see if I put on any weight with the increase in Insulin. William x :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Stopped Metformin yesterday. Today's BG much higher - well 6.5s rather than 5s. Did eat a bit too much chocolate last night - also a Flat White from Starbucks today, 10g of carbs! Swimming been lacking due to trip away - be back in the pool today.

Also tired, and stressed with work (partially as I'm tired so can't focus). I think I'll just write off this working week and start again on Monday.

And I'll worry if my BGs don't come down next week when my routine is restored!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
I had the same experience @PenfoldAPD my readings went from 4s to low 6s up to 5s to mid 7s however, after a few weeks they started to come down a little again until they now vary from mid 4s to high 6s which is fine. My last HbA1c was in "normal" range. The thing is, if I eat carbs or miss out on exercise my bs goes up, so I'd say we have to work hard every day to keep med free but many of us do it, you can too. I'm having my next HbA1c in August, when's your next ones?.

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Appointment with Diabetic Nurse this afternoon. She's delighted with the progress thus far and re-iterated what the nurse said the other week "Whatever it is you are doing, keep on doing it and I'll see you in six months"

I was not surprised to find my HbA1c had risen very slightly (from 57 to 58) and I've agreed to an upping of Metformin (from 3 x 500g to 4 x 500g) to see if we can deal with the FBS being the highest of the day - I'm kind of disappointed which is silly of me. But, I am reminding myself that I've achieved a massive turn round in so much (weight, blood pressure, cholesterol are all down and well within the targets I'd been set) and this was not unexpected. In fact, I was expecting higher!

We had an amicable disagreement about test strips! I stated clearly it was my main tool in getting good control and as I was fine self-funding the strips I would continue to test. She did try to discourage my four times a day testing habit, (more in a resigned "This is what I've got to say" kind of way rather than a scolding "You don't need to do this") but agreed it was my right to do so.

I shall take my disappointment for a long walk!
Your in good company as Ron is on 4 metformin a day. His readings have been a bit up and down recently so hes spreading out over the day when he takes them and its working . His fbg has been in the 4s all week and his day readings have been back in the 5s.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your in good company as Ron is on 4 metformin a day. His readings have been a bit up and down recently so hes spreading out over the day when he takes them and its working . His fbg has been in the 4s all week and his day readings have been back in the 5s.

Thank you, that's helpful to know. The logic is the 4th one will be a late night one to see if that helps.

Reactions: 3 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thank you, that's helpful to know. The logic is the 4th one will be a late night one to see if that helps.
This is how Rons goes..... Breakfast at 5.30, then takes metformin and painkillers and vitamin tab. Morning break at work around 10 another metformin and painkillers. Lunch either 12 or 1 another metformin. Teatime at 5 then another one and painkillers.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron cant eat potatoes . It spikes him .
Me too.
BUT......
If you let them go cold then re-heat them very little spike. Not too many thou.
He needs to try and test after 2hrs after.
I hope he can have them too. :)

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is how Rons goes..... Breakfast at 5.30, then takes metformin and painkillers and vitamin tab. Morning break at work around 10 another metformin and painkillers. Lunch either 12 or 1 another metformin. Teatime at 5 then another one and painkillers.
Has ron tried coffee and cream when he rises without metformin? It suppresses my hunger and gets me to 10-11 for first injection and my new R-ala suppliment without a liver dump. I'm not ready to make a decent breakfast at 7am.
Wow. See how different everyone is? What works for me doesn't work for everyone but my liver dump block is what metformin does, chemically.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Has ron tried coffee and cream when he rises without metformin? It suppresses my hunger and gets me to 10-11 for first injection and my new R-ala suppliment without a liver dump. I'm not ready to make a decent breakfast at 7am.
Wow. See how different everyone is? What works for me doesn't work for everyone but my liver dump block is what metformin does, chemically.
Hes not been feeling very hungry . He use to have fruit Greek yoghurt and nuts for breakfast now he's having those belvita biscuits and a protein bar . Hes having some fruit at morning break.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@13lizanne really appreciate you sharing your experience, thank you. I figured it will take a while for it to calm down, and next week my routine will be normal again so much easier to get in control. I'm ready for the challenge - so pleased to get rid of Metformin. Next HbA1c etc due in 4 months time when other meds will be reviewed.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
That's Ron in bed , so guess its just me and the dog tonight.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, sounds like lots of nice foods being cooked! Had a walk today, tried to put mascara on!!! Poked my eyes, 2nd time I've tried since Dec 1st, oh to have short sighted again! No I don't, only for putting makeup on, makes me look more human ha ha Had another very stressful day again zzzzzz. Have to emigrate or hibernate. Maybe call on the boot army! Hope everyone's well, if not hope you get well soon

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a bit of info for those following a low carb diet . Last night I tried out a recipe from low carb central web site. I came across this site quite by accident . I made a low carb meatloaf it was absolutely lovely . Going to try out there chicken casserole tonight .
Hi sounds great, which web site was that if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

Reactions: 6 people