ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's Ron in bed , so guess its just me and the dog tonight.
I pressed like because I'd love a evening to myself. 9yr old just been delivered for his sleep over. 3yr old just woke after his 4pm afternoon nap. He doesn't sleep til 10pm or later on non-school days. Hubby in a chatty mood.
I'm in for a long night. Yawnnnn! Ha ha
Thank god for this sain forum. Well, sort of! :)

Reactions: 5 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I pressed like because I'd love a evening to myself. 9yr old just been delivered for his sleep over. 3yr old just woke after his 4pm afternoon nap. He doesn't sleep til 10pm or later on non-school days. Hubby in a chatty mood.
I'm in for a long night. Yawnnnn! Ha ha
Thank god for this sain forum. Well, sort of! :)
Rons been on light duties and its driving him nuts . Hes been coming home all week very tired. He enjoys his job but hes not been aloud to do it fully cause of his hip.

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Rons been on light duties and its driving him nuts . Hes been coming home all week very tired. He enjoys his job but hes not been aloud to do it fully cause of his hip.
Hopefully once his painkillers start being effective he can resume to full duties and get his zing back?

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hopefully once his painkillers start being effective he can resume to full duties and get his zing back?
Wish the neurologist appointment would hurry up and come.

D

debrasue

Afternoon, FBG 8.9 mmol/l. Still feeling ******. Day 2 of antibiotics and nasal sprays. Just steamed my nose with hot water and vapour rub in a basin with a bath towel covering it. Hasn't done much good. Going to take more Codeine 30mg and early bed. Absolutely done in this week - amazed I've survived ! Starving too plus the runs (one of antibiotics little gems lol). :eek:;):)
You're a wreck! Go to bed.
Hugs x

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, long time no speak :lurking::oops: As some of you may remember I was targeted for compulsory redundancy at work and things have been really stressful.... until I landed myself a new job!!! :joyful::singing::happy: The new job is much closer to home, will take over an hour off my total travelling time each day and I have a really good feeling about it. I start in September, which means trying to keep myself motivated and positive at my current school for another 7 weeks... I've been feeling a bit low because of all the **** at work, I get social anxiety when I'm stressed :shy:

Health-wise, my blood pressure seems to be stabilising, blood sugars are good and my new fitbit is encouraging me to do lots of walking. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I'm still finding my clothes are getting looser so I'm obviously toning up. I hope everyone else is doing ok? What have I missed????

Reactions: 4 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I got a letter from my practice today saying they were changing all patients meters to:

GlucoRx Nexus using GlucoRx blood glucose test strips

So I googled it coz never heard of it before and I would like to know if anyone on here has this meter if so please advise me if your thoughts

I use AccuCheck Aviva Expert and was given this in March as I am on MDI

I like the meter I have got because it calculates the amount of insulin to inject when you enter your carb total per serving into the meter

If this GlucoRx does not do the carb calculation then frankly I don't want it

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
KFC all the way mmmm

The boneless banquet is ultra mmmm
Ha only White meat for me, breast only, unless a nice ribeye, no thighs, don't think kfc is my thing especially after what was on tv 2 weeks ago, apparently off in brum was had up for hygiene problems, but you enjoy, not had McDonald's for years either, I'm a fussy eater! Hope your ok

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello all, long time no speak :lurking::oops: As some of you may remember I was targeted for compulsory redundancy at work and things have been really stressful.... until I landed myself a new job!!! :joyful::singing::happy: The new job is much closer to home, will take over an hour off my total travelling time each day and I have a really good feeling about it. I start in September, which means trying to keep myself motivated and positive at my current school for another 7 weeks... I've been feeling a bit low because of all the **** at work, I get social anxiety when I'm stressed :shy:

Health-wise, my blood pressure seems to be stabilising, blood sugars are good and my new fitbit is encouraging me to do lots of walking. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I'm still finding my clothes are getting looser so I'm obviously toning up. I hope everyone else is doing ok? What have I missed????

Good news for you Alzebra,things usually happen for a reason so look forwards and not back,sounds to me like you undervalue yourself...take a big hug and pat on the back ,you deserve it

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Cumberland - Hi, I am using the GlucoRx Nexus and have been for a good year now, and It just tests your blood sugars and nothing else.
I had previously bought my own meter (which I could log Insulin etc) and I was only getting Lancets and Test Strips on prescription, then my practise sent me a simular letter, saying I would have to buy my test strips/lancets or use theirs. . So, I opted to use theirs and get 100 test strips every 2 months on prescription (free). :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I got a letter from my practice today saying they were changing all patients meters to:

GlucoRx Nexus using GlucoRx blood glucose test strips

So I googled it coz never heard of it before and I would like to know if anyone on here has this meter if so please advise me if your thoughts

I use AccuCheck Aviva Expert and was given this in March as I am on MDI

I like the meter I have got because it calculates the amount of insulin to inject when you enter your carb total per serving into the meter

If this GlucoRx does not do the carb calculation then frankly I don't want it
Ron uses it so will get him to message you , he's not on insulin so I don't really know what it does .

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Alzebra - Hi and Congratulations on your new post. Glad you are back amongst your 'forum friend's :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ha only White meat for me, breast only, unless a nice ribeye, no thighs, don't think kfc is my thing especially after what was on tv 2 weeks ago, apparently off in brum was had up for hygiene problems, but you enjoy, not had McDonald's for years either, I'm a fussy eater! Hope your ok

I only get the boneless banquet which is 3 mini fillets popcorn chicken chips and gravy

I did not see the programme you mentioned oh deary me

Reactions: 4 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ron uses it so will get him to message you , he's not on insulin so I don't really know what it does .

Thank you @tina_marie that would be very helpful and thank Ron too

Is he on this forum? I don't think I have come across him yet

I have seen you mention him a lot on some of your posts

Reactions: 8 people