Type 2 Life

S

Sable_Jan

Hello type 2ers!

Hope everyone is okay - I'm a bit new, but thought I'd dive right in with a question...

What can I have for "good" snacks? I have nuts and cheese so far. Any more inspiring choices? I am trying to eat low carb...

Thanks!

Tabby x

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Celery sticks with cream cheese
Sugar free jelly & cream

Reactions: 7 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello type 2ers!

Hope everyone is okay - I'm a bit new, but thought I'd dive right in with a question...

What can I have for "good" snacks? I have nuts and cheese so far. Any more inspiring choices? I am trying to eat low carb...

Thanks!

Tabby x

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Pork scratching are good - try different varieties, also some bags of popcorn are around 8/9g carbs - also 9 Bar nutty bars have around 8g carbs. http://www.9bar.com/

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I got a letter from my practice today saying they were changing all patients meters to:

GlucoRx Nexus using GlucoRx blood glucose test strips

So I googled it coz never heard of it before and I would like to know if anyone on here has this meter if so please advise me if your thoughts

I use AccuCheck Aviva Expert and was given this in March as I am on MDI

I like the meter I have got because it calculates the amount of insulin to inject when you enter your carb total per serving into the meter

If this GlucoRx does not do the carb calculation then frankly I don't want it
@Cumberland I commented on a similar post just yesterday. Maybe another patient at your practice?
We compared their results.

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Still feeling like **** and still have a swollen face. Sprayed the thingy up my nose and was greeted with a bloody/greenish discharge but got relief for all of 10 minutes. I get the feeling I might need surgery to fix this. I had an operation 25 years ago to fix a broken nose and deviated septum. I was told the septum might deviate back in years to come and it is. My left nostril is a lot narrower than the right and reckon this is the root of the problem. Dry but not that sunny here, been fab all week. Going to do insulin and brekkie soon. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Addenda FBG 8.2 mmol/l....oops ! :)

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning. Still feeling like **** and still have a swollen face. Sprayed the thingy up my nose and was greeted with a bloody/greenish discharge but got relief for all of 10 minutes. I get the feeling I might need surgery to fix this. I had an operation 25 years ago to fix a broken nose and deviated septum. I was told the septum might deviate back in years to come and it is. My left nostril is a lot narrower than the right and reckon this is the root of the problem. Dry but not that sunny here, been fab all week. Going to do insulin and brekkie soon. :)

That's just rubbishy for you.

I hope relief comes sooner than later.

On the bright side you've had all of our good weather this week. Other than a couple of hours repairing storm damage in my garden, I haven't been able to get out its been so cold and stormy....had the heating on all week.

Today is meant to be a lot better...I hope do so, as I'm at a 30th birthday party in a big marquee for my niece :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Thank you @tina_marie that would be very helpful and thank Ron too

Is he on this forum? I don't think I have come across him yet

I have seen you mention him a lot on some of your posts
Morning Cumberland I'm afraid the nexus glucose rx doesn't do the carb thing is only a basic set but does allow your doc or DN to upload the data so they can see how your readings have been and holds up-to 90 days worth of BG readings .

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tragic news about the death of Mohammed Ali. He truly was the greatest and I will miss him very much. :)

D

debrasue

I got a letter from my practice today saying they were changing all patients meters to:

GlucoRx Nexus using GlucoRx blood glucose test strips

So I googled it coz never heard of it before and I would like to know if anyone on here has this meter if so please advise me if your thoughts

I use AccuCheck Aviva Expert and was given this in March as I am on MDI

I like the meter I have got because it calculates the amount of insulin to inject when you enter your carb total per serving into the meter

If this GlucoRx does not do the carb calculation then frankly I don't want it
As William says above, the GlucoRx Nexus only tests. It's a pretty basic meter and it drives me crazy if I want to check a previous reading, because - as far as I can make out - even if you only wanted to check your last reading, you have to click back through every single reading you've ever taken before you can switch the **** thing off!!!!!
Have you come across this problem too, @liam1955 ?
Oh, and the strips are expensive, too.
:grumpy:

D

debrasue

Morning Cumberland I'm afraid the nexus glucose rx doesn't do the carb thing is only a basic set but does allow your doc or DN to upload the data so they can see how your readings have been and holds up-to 90 days worth of BG readings .

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Is it only 90 days? My readings seem to go back to number 300 or more...........
And do you know of any way of switching it off before you have to go back through them all, Ron? Thanks!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends,

I am posting to say that I had a good night's sleep. I was a bit naughty with my diabetes last night between nine and ten o'clock. My mate Lee gave me two chocolate/cream eclairs which I enjoyed very much. Apart from them and 3 hard-boiled eggs and 1 sausage ciabatta that's all I had, or felt like eating, yesterday.

I took all my prescribed morning medications at 7:10 ante meridian this morning and at 7:20 ante meridian my fasting blood glucose was 5.7.

The weather in my locality is relatively mild. Sunrise hasn't come yet as it's still only 8:10 ante meridian and the sky is ghostly white with occasional patches of dark grey clouds.

Rest in peace, Mohammed Ali. I remember this man he was a true icon and the champion of many a boxing sport mete. I shall miss you.

Have a lovely day, my friends, and rest assured I feel very happy and self-assured today.

@autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker) x X x

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my lovely friends,

I am posting to say that I had a good night's sleep. I was a bit naughty with my diabetes last night between nine and ten o'clock. My mate Lee gave me two chocolate/cream eclairs which I enjoyed very much. Apart from them and 3 hard-boiled eggs and 1 sausage ciabatta that's all I had, or felt like eating, yesterday.

I took all my prescribed morning medications at 7:10 ante meridian this morning and at 7:20 ante meridian my fasting blood glucose was 5.7.

The weather in my locality is relatively mild. Sunrise hasn't come yet as it's still only 8:10 ante meridian and the sky is ghostly white with occasional patches of dark grey clouds.

Rest in peace, Mohammed Ali. I remember this man he was a true icon and the champion of many a boxing sport mete. I shall miss you.

Have a lovely day, my friends, and rest assured I feel very happy and self-assured today.

@autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker) x X x
Good morning, Johnny - that's a good reading!
I love chocolate eclairs, too, although I haven't had one for many months now and don't think I could risk one again.
I remember Muhammad Ali as well - in fact, I'm so old I can remember him when he was known as Cassius Clay! He was a great boxer.
I love your description of the weather conditions and the sky this morning - that's beautiful, and very evocative!
I hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs

Reactions: 6 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.1 reading today, I've accepted it might be higher for a little while (I was a 5s FBG boy) while I adjust to no Metformin. Up around 6.7 a little later, either liver dump or just different reading - not much in it. Main thing is I'm learning to stop beating myself up (well trying to!).

Off for a swim at the Olympic pool in Stratford shortly, half an hour in a 50m pool will get me going again :)

Have a great day - looks like we might see the sun?

Reactions: 6 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Is it only 90 days? My readings seem to go back to number 300 or more...........
And do you know of any way of switching it off before you have to go back through them all, Ron? Thanks!
was told it holds 90 days of BG data by my DN suppose it depends on how many times you test .
have just connected my meter to pc and it seems there isn't any way of switching of the reading storage .

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning all. 6.1 reading today, I've accepted it might be higher for a little while (I was a 5s FBG boy) while I adjust to no Metformin. Up around 6.7 a little later, either liver dump or just different reading - not much in it. Main thing is I'm learning to stop beating myself up (well trying to!).

Off for a swim at the Olympic pool in Stratford shortly, half an hour in a 50m pool will get me going again :)

Have a great day - looks like we might see the sun?

No meds and a solid number...smile and be pleased.

With your commitment to a transformed lifestyle, I see it only going one way.....GOiNG DOWN!!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hello @eldergarth, how are you today, hope the pain is not too bad
morning anne still struggling through have been getting a tearing feeling in my hips lately so think that will be the cartilage like in my knees .
my BG are still all over the place have been as low as 2.5 to mid 4's with my FBG

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, nice to see some old faces on here ( hi @Alzebra!). Even though my fbg was 6.7 this morning my cold has resurfaced - blocked up ear and wheezy chest :( I won't be doing my voluntary work today, going to rest and take it easy