Type 2 Life

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, long time no speak :lurking::oops: As some of you may remember I was targeted for compulsory redundancy at work and things have been really stressful.... until I landed myself a new job!!! :joyful::singing::happy: The new job is much closer to home, will take over an hour off my total travelling time each day and I have a really good feeling about it. I start in September, which means trying to keep myself motivated and positive at my current school for another 7 weeks... I've been feeling a bit low because of all the **** at work, I get social anxiety when I'm stressed :shy:

Health-wise, my blood pressure seems to be stabilising, blood sugars are good and my new fitbit is encouraging me to do lots of walking. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I'm still finding my clothes are getting looser so I'm obviously toning up. I hope everyone else is doing ok? What have I missed????

Hi @Alzebra
Good to hear from you and so pleased to hear about your new job. Hope it works well for you. I also use a fitbit and find it very motivating.

Reactions: 5 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland - Hi, I am using the GlucoRx Nexus and have been for a good year now, and It just tests your blood sugars and nothing else.
I had previously bought my own meter (which I could log Insulin etc) and I was only getting Lancets and Test Strips on prescription, then my practise sent me a simular letter, saying I would have to buy my test strips/lancets or use theirs. . So, I opted to use theirs and get 100 test strips every 2 months on prescription (free). :)

Thanks for this info Liam

Their website was a bit less informative than what you have provided

Oh it looks like GP practices are trying to cut their costs down

I like my current meter like aforementioned you test get your reading then enter carb amount to be eaten and the meter calculates insulin required with correction amounts

I test 6-8 times a day
Basal injections morning and night and bolus with all food the meter is perfect for me

I think I will write back to say I don't want the new meter they changing all patients too but if it's all down to cost I fear I might be swimming against the tide

Thanks once again Liam

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only get the boneless banquet which is 3 mini fillets popcorn chicken chips and gravy

I did not see the programme you mentioned oh deary me
I only get the boneless banquet which is 3 mini fillets popcorn chicken chips and gravy

I did not see the programme you mentioned oh deary me
Defiantly not for me, hate gravy, only been in resturant twice in manyyyyyyy years!!! Prefer to cook my own, my daughter calls me 'the feeder' says no one leaves the house hungry ha ha

Reactions: 5 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, long time no speak :lurking::oops: As some of you may remember I was targeted for compulsory redundancy at work and things have been really stressful.... until I landed myself a new job!!! :joyful::singing::happy: The new job is much closer to home, will take over an hour off my total travelling time each day and I have a really good feeling about it. I start in September, which means trying to keep myself motivated and positive at my current school for another 7 weeks... I've been feeling a bit low because of all the **** at work, I get social anxiety when I'm stressed :shy:

Health-wise, my blood pressure seems to be stabilising, blood sugars are good and my new fitbit is encouraging me to do lots of walking. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I'm still finding my clothes are getting looser so I'm obviously toning up. I hope everyone else is doing ok? What have I missed????
That is fantastic news! Congratulations.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

@Alzebra really good to read your news, pleased for the new job. Health is sounding good too, with new job and less stress it will all come together.
Nice work Mrs.
Hj

Reactions: 3 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Bed seems to be calling so will talk to you all in the morning. Lets hope I sleep better tonight.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Missed seeing that great avatar @Alzebra well done on your news - the new job sounds great! And clothes not fitting is a good thing :happy:

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I think the metre is cheap to buy but the test strips at the chemist near us costs £15 for a box of 50.
eBay for mine. I "know" it's folk getting them on prescription and not using them BUT if they are stupid enough to think money is more important than health then who am I to argue and pay top whack for my test strips....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
eBay for mine. I "know" it's folk getting them on prescription and not using them BUT if they are stupid enough to think money is more important than health then who am I to argue and pay top whack for my test strips....
I got sent some old meter strips and was told chemist would just destroy them so I've gave them to a good home. :)

Reactions: 7 people

TabbyL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello type 2ers!

Hope everyone is okay - I'm a bit new, but thought I'd dive right in with a question...

What can I have for "good" snacks? I have nuts and cheese so far. Any more inspiring choices? I am trying to eat low carb...

Thanks!

Tabby x

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Love hubby but I wish he wouldnt buy me ice cream too.
I hate feeling odd one out. Not healthy for kids to see their mum detached from treats.
So..... I said yes to a mint cone. Well it is the weekend! Mint is good for my sensitive tummy. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello type 2ers!

Hope everyone is okay - I'm a bit new, but thought I'd dive in with a question...

What can I have for "good" snacks? I have nuts and cheese so far. Any more inspiring choices? I am trying to eat low carb...

Thanks!

Tabby x

Try pork scratchings when others having crisps!
Try different cheeses and different nuts.
I use protein rolls as crackers...lovely!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello type 2ers!

Hope everyone is okay - I'm a bit new, but thought I'd dive right in with a question...

Thanks!

Tabby x

Hard boiled eggs - if you like eggs. I've just been staying with a friend who hates such things and I'm currently on a bit of an egg-fest!

Reactions: 9 people