Type 2 Life

S

Sable_Jan

Gosh it seems to be getting hotter I go outside and breathe in warm air

Already sunk 3 ice lollies today I intended to do a little bit of work in the garden but I really cba

Good health to all on here hope whoever is battling the bad times turn things round
It's really muggy here. Sky loaded with clouds but just as hot as yesterday.

Reactions: 4 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
It's really muggy here. Sky loaded with clouds but just as hot as yesterday.

The sun is still peeping through here but its strength is less intense

The warmth seems to have ramped up no breeze it's quite humid outside

Got the windows wide open I'm gonna have another Ice lolly

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

The sun is still peeping through here but its strength is less intense

The warmth seems to have ramped up no breeze it's quite humid outside

Got the windows wide open I'm gonna have another Ice lolly
Just walked Rocks, very slowly I might add, and we're both melting.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's encouraging to hear! Although I'm expecting my next one to be a little higher, as when I first started LCHF I was regularly getting readings in the 4s and 5s, whereas now they are in the 5s and 6s although I'm still eating the same foods. Is that normal, do you think, or does it mean that my BGs are likely to creep up over time?
Progressive diabetes would, but lchf is suppose to stop that. It's not mentioned much other than it's suppose to reverse diabetes. I feel the jury is still out, on that one.

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
For the first time in months Ron has eaten bread . His pre lunch reading was 6.5 he has txt to say hes now 5.9.

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

My weight. I started at 240lbs. This morning my weight was 199.8. This following my hba1c of 5.3 yesterday and I feel I'm on a roll!!! :D
Just worked my weight out in lbs....mine is 196-200 (depends if I've stayed at 14 stone or nudged back up to the 14st 4lbs I was stuck on for a while)

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Just walked Rocks, very slowly I might add, and we're both melting.
I went to visit mum this afternoon, walked there and back and I'm definitely melting! Putting my feet up now with a nice cold drink

S

Sable_Jan

I went to visit mum this afternoon, walked there and back and I'm definitely melting! Putting my feet up now with a nice cold drink
Outside again now giving dogs their teas and it's gone quite cool. The breeze is nice now instead of feeling like a fan heater..
Your cool drink sounds lovely.. I'd nothing in the fridge but water and Becks. Well some mini cans of bitter lemon but they'd not been in long enough and soya milk is ok in tea (which I ended up having) but lousy to drink

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Outside again now giving dogs their teas and it's gone quite cool. The breeze is nice now instead of feeling like a fan heater..
Your cool drink sounds lovely.. I'd nothing in the fridge but water and Becks. Well some mini cans of bitter lemon but they'd not been in long enough and soya milk is ok in tea (which I ended up having) but lousy to drink
I'm teetotal so I like no added sugar Ribena as a treat and I always have ice cubes in the freezer. I made a jug of it and put it in the fridge before I left for mums, it was lovely!

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm teetotal so I like no added sugar Ribena as a treat and I always have ice cubes in the freezer. I made a jug of it and put it in the fridge before I left for mums, it was lovely!
Can't drink any of the cordials that have sweetener in. I can taste it no matter what flavour unfortunately. Never been much of a cordial drinker anyway really cos by the time it's strong enough to taste it leaves me feeling thirsty. Used to enjoy the odd swig of cold crisp fizzy pop but that's out now cos again the sugar free ones taste . I have been naughty and bought some 150ml cans bitter lemon. 53 cals yet 15g carbs....

D

debrasue

Ooops pressed wrong key.
And lactose free products.
Anybody know any Spanish products/manufacturers.
Kev
The three Spanish supermarket chains, Alcampo, Mercadona and El Corte Ingles, apparently do a good range of gluten and lacto-free products. There's also a bakers called ProCeli in Barcelona (not sure where you're going, or how widely spread they are).
Kaiku Sin Lactosa is a lactose-free dairy range.

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The three Spanish supermarket chains, Alcampo, Mercadona and El Corte Ingles, apparently do a good range of gluten and lacto-free products. There's also a bakers called ProCeli in Barcelona (not sure where you're going, or how widely spread they are).
Kaiku Sin Lactosa is a lactose-free dairy range.

Thank you for the info, it will please Barbara.
We are going to Tenerife so Marcadona is

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
So tomorrow I get tested for diabetes.