Type 2 Life

Myangelsmom

I wish y'all lived in my village, we could go walking (well, hobbling in my case) and talk and laugh together...and snack on our lc treats... And I wouldn't be alone doing this eating plan which no one here understands. I'm tired of being invited out and being served lasagna, or inviting people over who don't understand why I'm not partaking in the pizza I made them... It wears a girl down to be the oddball. Thing is, I have no cravings for the stuff I ate before. I guess I've mentally translated sugar/wheat/starches into the word POISON and it actually puts me off at the thought of me consuming it. I know, odd, right? I am not bothered by other people eating it... Except maybe my Littles drinking fizzy things people seem to think they need, or those acursed iced lollies. Grrr.... But the rest is fine. It's just, I know I have accomplished so much, I have no interest in going backwards, but I wish I fit in better. A vegetarian or GF fits in, why is a carnivore considered a freak? Why am I subjected to lectures about how eating lchf will kill me when I'm obviously getting healthier?! Sigh. Sorry. Rant over.

Today's rant brought to you by the generous donation of two pies brought to us last night to share over a cuppa tea, and the awkward discussion which followed because of me not partaking. Le Sigh. The sugary grossnesses are still cluttering up my kitchen worktop this morning. I just want to bin them... But I know the kids (and Hubby) would object.

Myangelsmom

Join the club @Myangelsmom all weirdos together:happy:
Well, I suppose if I have to be a wierdo, I couldn't have picked a better bunch to join. ;) :wacky: Just a shame we couldn't all be in the same village and start a walking club or something. All stop at the pub for bunless burgers and salads, hold the chips. You know? We'd educate the socks off people... Or at least not feel so isolated anyhow. Thanks. :happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wish y'all lived in my village, we could go walking (well, hobbling in my case) and talk and laugh together...and snack on our lc treats... And I wouldn't be alone doing this eating plan which no one here understands. I'm tired of being invited out and being served lasagna, or inviting people over who don't understand why I'm not partaking in the pizza I made them... It wears a girl down to be the oddball. Thing is, I have no cravings for the stuff I ate before. I guess I've mentally translated sugar/wheat/starches into the word POISON and it actually puts me off at the thought of me consuming it. I know, odd, right? I am not bothered by other people eating it... Except maybe my Littles drinking fizzy things people seem to think they need, or those acursed iced lollies. Grrr.... But the rest is fine. It's just, I know I have accomplished so much, I have no interest in going backwards, but I wish I fit in better. A vegetarian or GF fits in, why is a carnivore considered a freak? Why am I subjected to lectures about how eating lchf will kill me when I'm obviously getting healthier?! Sigh. Sorry. Rant over.

Today's rant brought to you by the generous donation of two pies brought to us last night to share over a cuppa tea, and the awkward discussion which followed because of me not partaking. Le Sigh. The sugary grossnesses are still cluttering up my kitchen worktop this morning. I just want to bin them... But I know the kids (and Hubby) would object.
@Myangelsmom I know what you mean. I have no one who is even a little interested never mind knowledgable about diabetes. I carnt even say I talk about it because as soon as i say anything it just goes straight over there heads. Whoosh!
My maternal family would never get it unless they had it themselves. I pray that never happens. Maybe I'm doing something right when my family I test are good, on that front. I do keep wondering if I'm the milkman's thou! Ha ha

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Hi Vicky, I got a fasting of 8.1 this morning, but before bed was 7.7 - so, definitely had a Liver Dump this morning. Last night at 11.30pm for supper I ate 4 heaped dessert spoonfuls of thick set natural yoghurt rather than cheese & crackers.
I am also having 2 units less of Insulin on an evening - started on Monday. Do you know if 2000mg Metformin is the maximum dose that can be taken in any one day.? William x

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Back from doctors now to play the waiting game.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky, I have just checked/read up on the Internet about Metformin and maintenance dose is 2000mg daily.
Maximum dose is 2550mg daily.
That's interesting, will have to check/ ask my GP if my dosage could be increased by an extra tablet of 500mg at Lunch Time? - I take a 1000mg at Breakfast and then another 1000mg at Evening Meal (plus the Insulin daily). Hmm:)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends,

I am posting this message from my local public library because my Broadband has been restricted in my one bedroom council flat oweing to my savings being exhausted by bills, installments, my weekly Personal Allowance and my Monthly Utility Allowance. My Appointee is relying on my ESA and DLA being deposited into my account with them to sustain my weekly PA and monthly Utilities. My Care Coordinator is trying to establish my appointee and me and her paying in installments but she's not sure if I can afford Sky Broadband, Sky Talk and Sky TV any more. I am going to have to check all my sites at Tate South Lambeth Public Library in the future.

I have been doing moderately well with my type II diabetes mellitus. Yesterday, I didn't eat much but at 5:15 pm my mate Lee bought me a doner kebab with 13 slices of minced doner meat, 8 slices of tomato, 6 slices of cucumber, raw onion and shredded lettuce, 2 chili peppers, chili sauce and garlic sauce stuffed in a pitta bread pocket.

This morning, I awoke and took my Meds for my ADHD and Asperger Syndrome Meltdowns and my mate Lee took me to a local Portuguese Café again and I ate 72 baked beans, 60 fried chips, 12 mushroom slices, 1 pork, cereal and herb sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 hash brown, 1 fried egg, 4 1/2 slices of grilled white toast with spread, and 1 Café Latte without sugazr and my blood glucose level 2 hours after eating it was 10.9 at 9:06 am.

Thank you for everything you've all done for me.

Yours faithfully,

@autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker) Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Idiopathic Megarectum, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Essential Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia, Psychotic Depression with a strong susceptibility to financial and emotional abuse.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello Johnny, do you think that you might be eating a lot because you are worried about your finances? That was a lot of food that you ate this morning. Maybe next time you could miss out the chips and have fewer baked beans :) I hope that your Care Team get your finances sorted out very quickly. Is your library close to your flat? Do you get free internet services there? I hope you have a lovely day today and that your BG levels are good ones

Reactions: 4 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good Morning, my good friends,

I am posting this message from my local public library because my Broadband has been restricted in my one bedroom council flat oweing to my savings being exhausted by bills, installments, my weekly Personal Allowance and my Monthly Utility Allowance. My Appointee is relying on my ESA and DLA being deposited into my account with them to sustain my weekly PA and monthly Utilities. My Care Coordinator is trying to establish my appointee and me and her paying in installments but she's not sure if I can afford Sky Broadband, Sky Talk and Sky TV any more. I am going to have to check all my sites at Tate South Lambeth Public Library in the future.

I have been doing moderately well with my type II diabetes mellitus. Yesterday, I didn't eat much but at 5:15 pm my mate Lee bought me a doner kebab with 13 slices of minced doner meat, 8 slices of tomato, 6 slices of cucumber, raw onion and shredded lettuce, 2 chili peppers, chili sauce and garlic sauce stuffed in a pitta bread pocket.

This morning, I awoke and took my Meds for my ADHD and Asperger Syndrome Meltdowns and my mate Lee took me to a local Portuguese Café again and I ate 72 baked beans, 60 fried chips, 12 mushroom slices, 1 pork, cereal and herb sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 hash brown, 1 fried egg, 4 1/2 slices of grilled white toast with spread, and 1 Café Latte without sugazr and my blood glucose level 2 hours after eating it was 10.9 at 9:06 am.

Thank you for everything you've all done for me.

Yours faithfully,

@autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker) Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Idiopathic Megarectum, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Essential Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia, Psychotic Depression with a strong susceptibility to financial and emotional abuse.
Good morning Johnny, I was wondering where you were! I think your meal would have been very good if you didn't have so many chips, slices of toast or baked beans. I'm glad you're able to access the internet at your local library, I know how important it is to stay in touch with your friends on this forum. Good luck with getting your finances sorted out

Reactions: 2 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
question for you all . Do any of you have problems with your vision if your BG levels are low or maybe high ? I'm only asking because Ron has messaged me to say he has a dull pain in is eyes and blotches in his vision. He says hes had this problem all morning . His fasting BG levels this morning was 4.5 .I've told him the blotches could be floaters.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Hi:). You could be right with the blotches being floaters. Blurred vision in Diabetics could be high blood sugars. Pain in the eyes = could be raised blood pressure? But, it's always best to get it checked out. Any chance he could get to see his GP or Practise Nurse today?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Hi:). You could be right with the blotches being floaters. Blurred vision in Diabetics could be high blood sugars. Pain in the eyes = could be raised blood pressure? But, it's always best to get it checked out. Any chance he could get to see his GP or Practise Nurse today?
hes at work but I have told him to phone gp or go to A&E . his nearest one would be Queens in Nottingham.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
question for you all . Do any of you have problems with your vision if your BG levels are low or maybe high ? I'm only asking because Ron has messaged me to say he has a dull pain in is eyes and blotches in his vision. He says hes had this problem all morning . His fasting BG levels this morning was 4.5 .I've told him the blotches could be floaters.

If my BG is high I notice I get fuzzy vision. Generally much better now - was really bad just before I was diagnosed.

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

@PenfoldAPD how long are you giving the no meds trial, til?
I'm a little concerned about your stress and any figures over 7.8mmol/l.
We're you hypoing on metformin?

I'm worried incase you damage yourself, trying to make a point.

We all know you can manage your diabetes very well but if it's making you ill and stressing you out. Its not the right time.
I don't want you suffering a stroke to prove a point. You cannot reverse all of a stroke.
Listen. Have a good think about things at the weekend. Don't make a decision hastily. But I'm concerned about your 8s. 8s are dangerous and should be taken seriously. You don't have to suffer 8s because you have a good med which helps effectively.
Please give it til saturday but unless your 8s become 6s or less, I'd advise go back on metformin. Even if its just one tablet.
I bet your blood presure is up too.

Your health comes first.
There will be a right time for no meds but maybe this week isn't it. ♡
8s are only just above normal @ickihun so shouldn't be too much cause for concern.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Sable_Jan - A test strip to check for: Blood, Protein, Ketones, Glucose and PH in the Urine. (Am I right Vicky?) :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Was your dipstick results Normal? And do you have to phone up the Surgery Pratice for your Blood results = end of this week? :) Have you heard anymore from Ron and how is the eye pain?