Step into Spring

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oi!
I go off piste for a week and you all disappear! What are you all playing at? Slacking?
Just over a week ago I was caught in hail sleet and howling wind. Today baking in 28 degrees sunshine. All in my own garden. Does this mean we have sprung through spring? I have seen more than one swallow and many house martins on my wanderings.
Main activity in my absence from here has been walking. Lots of it. Feet are now too sore to step out, but intend to be back at swimming pool tomorrow.
Would be good to know what the rest of you are up to.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Lol @Pipp I have been keeping busy but not spending as much time online as I did. Unfortunately my pedometer has gone missing but I've been walking everywhere. Got a couple of 90 minute walks in this week and visited my mum today which was another 60 minutes. How have you been?

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
HERE COMES SUMMER LETS STAY ACTIVE post is now resurrected if you fancy joining .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I everyone I've reopened the post above .
Sorry Pipp my brother in law has died and works been pants so I ve been awol.
I have been moving just not much and not posted

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol @Pipp I have been keeping busy but not spending as much time online as I did. Unfortunately my pedometer has gone missing but I've been walking everywhere. Got a couple of 90 minute walks in this week and visited my mum today which was another 60 minutes. How have you been?
Had no wifi. Walked lots. Too much. Sore feet. Back to swimming pool for me.

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lovely walk again today .
Getting quite a tan lol

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of walks, one this morning, saw a deer in the field, which is very unusual round here. One in the evening after dinner, at work.... and no rain. Off to do shoulder exercises... had a session of physio on it this morning, a work out all by itself. 30 minutes flew by and yet so much "pain" with such gentle manipulations... the woman is a wonder. Fortunately it is getting better by the day.... little by little.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Took the plunge literally.

Went (alone) to an Aquacise class - first one ever. This was after having a walk after tea to get my steps. I didn't want to go, but the class started at 8pm.

I am already booked in for next week ....

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Took the plunge literally.

Went (alone) to an Aquacise class - first one ever. This was after having a walk after tea to get my steps. I didn't want to go, but the class started at 8pm.

I am already booked in for next week ....
Good. I am guesing that you liked it, then?
It is addictive. I was, a few years ago, doing 6 x 1 hour aqua classes a week. Trying to build up again, but I am old and knackered. Most I have managed recently has been 4 a week.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are we back to stepping into spring?
What happened to summer?
Been too hot here. Stayed indoors cleaning.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Good. I am guesing that you liked it, then?
It is addictive. I was, a few years ago, doing 6 x 1 hour aqua classes a week. Trying to build up again, but I am old and knackered. Most I have managed recently has been 4 a week.
I think my other half would feel abandoned if I went 6x times a week - I dont think the gym has that many classes.
I did enjoy it and I even enjoyed the session on Tuesday. Feeling revitalised strangely enough.

I did have a slight issue with the trainer though - he took my blood pressure about 6 times in public then asked me to get a letter signed by my GP to confirm I could exercise as my readings were too low. The doc measured me and said it was perfect this morning. I also overheard the trainer talking about me whilst I was on the treadmill to somebody else (you know when you hear your own name mentioned). I was not amused. So I took that signed and stamped letter to the gym for their files - unfortunately I did not see that trainer to talk to.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Magsiess I think the trainer is doing the right thing to be honest , if you collapsed and they hadn't monitored you then they would be in the wrong .

I walked 30 minutes around Edinburgh on way to a meeting ( got lost lol).