Blackseed oil---anyone with experience of this

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
@ChrisSamsDad Did you read the report I provided you a link to earlier in this thread?

I've seen it before and it's been heavily and widely criticised for implying correlation = causation and bad mistakes in its statistical analysis. The pre-amble should be enough to convince you that it's an opinion piece rather than a true study, and on top of that, it's not in a reputable journal, which is open-access, not peer-reviewed and not listed in PubMed.

This is known as cargo-cult science - you dress up your fake or flawed study with the trappings of proper science and hope people mistake it for the real thing.

More here:

http://www.statsblogs.com/2014/12/0...-genetically-engineered-crops-to-22-diseases/

Also, this very insignificant opinion paper flies in the face of much better, larger scale evidence, looking back at billions of animal meals containing GMO food, which shows no such effect over a large number of years. This is a good summary: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonenti...ks-to-a-new-trillion-meal-study/#76bd61f7ca93

The problem with correlation vs causation, can be seen here, this a graph of organic food sales vs growth in diabetes

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ChrisSamsDad I'm not taking my chances with your belief that glyphosate contamination of our food supply is safe or wise. I've listened to enough experts who don't have a financial interest in the ongoing debate, that is still ongoing for more than 20 years, to be convinced that glyphosate is harming us.

We all have a choice when it comes to the food we eat. You've made yours, and I've made mine.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@ChrisSamsDad I'm not taking my chances with your belief that glyphosate contamination of our food supply is safe or wise. I've listened to enough experts who don't have a financial interest in the ongoing debate, that is still ongoing for more than 20 years, to be convinced that glyphosate is harming us.

We all have a choice when it comes to the food we eat. You've made yours, and I've made mine.

That 'not taking a chance' argument assumes that there's zero risk with your choice and a more than zero risk with not worrying about Glyphosate or GMO, But that's not the case, GMO is being banned pointlessly when it could be ending hunger, undernourishment and eventually saving us from the worst effects of global warming. Glyphosate is one of the safest insecticides, both for humans and the environment and because it's being banned, it's forcing farmers to use worse alternatives when they'd prefer it. Every farmer uses insecticides, even organic farmers who use much more poisonous substances.

The 'experts' you believe - are they really experts? Have they done the science, or are they just trying to justify their feelings that 'natural is best'? You are hinting that the reason scientists are finding no problems with glyphosate is that they are bought and paid for and the organic movement isn't. Do you know how much the organic industry is worth? How much it spends on lobbying and research - you probably use the phrase 'Big Pharma' but 'Big Organic' is actually a thing too.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ChrisSamsDad the hardest part of this for me is coming to the realization there are those within our society who are knowingly harming us. Every time I hear a lecture or read a study further confirming this for me, not you, it shakes me up. I come from a family of engineers, chemists, biologists, naturalists, teachers, librarians, writers, doctors, and other medical professionals. I understand the value of good science, I also understand that it can be biased and manipulated.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have a couple sons your height and I would be seriously concerned if their waist size was the same as yours. Maybe you have a different bone frame.
Don't make me post a picture of my flabby bits. Also, while I CAN fit into 30in jeans it does require a bit of wiggling. I might wait a month before actually buying them.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errr....CSD sounded quite convincing & well argued UNTIL

Glyphosate is one of the safest insecticides, both for humans and the environment and because it's being banned, it's forcing farmers to use worse alternatives when they'd prefer it. Every farmer uses insecticides, even organic farmers who use much more poisonous substances.....Do you know how much the organic industry is worth? How much it spends on lobbying and research - you probably use the phrase 'Big Pharma' but 'Big Organic' is actually a thing too.

Glyphosate is actually a HERBICIDE not an INSECTICIDE (unless they've started to engineer plant genes into those pesky bugs:))...see HERE.....(yes, I know it's "only" Wikipedia but hey...)

Anyway, wot happened about the blackseed oil?

Stay safe, all

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen it before and it's been heavily and widely criticised for implying correlation = causation and bad mistakes in its statistical analysis. The pre-amble should be enough to convince you that it's an opinion piece rather than a true study, and on top of that, it's not in a reputable journal, which is open-access, not peer-reviewed and not listed in PubMed.

This is known as cargo-cult science - you dress up your fake or flawed study with the trappings of proper science and hope people mistake it for the real thing.

More here:

http://www.statsblogs.com/2014/12/0...-genetically-engineered-crops-to-22-diseases/

Also, this very insignificant opinion paper flies in the face of much better, larger scale evidence, looking back at billions of animal meals containing GMO food, which shows no such effect over a large number of years. This is a good summary: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonenti...ks-to-a-new-trillion-meal-study/#76bd61f7ca93

The problem with correlation vs causation, can be seen here, this a graph of organic food sales vs growth in diabetes

Not sure I understand the point being made here. Diabetes caused by carbs, organic foods generally equals carbs, both carbs and organic foods increasing seems entirely plausible! What am.I missing?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much point in replying to ChrisSamsDad judging by his signature saying he's left the forum.

Canadian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst on holiday this year I got talking with someone who said that he had really bad skin condition, which had for years He had been taking blackseed oil for months and had noticed a huge improvement in his skin condition.

I have read a few articles on internet about this and seemingly it is the remedy for everything except depth.

Reading the blurbs on this it claims to help with type 2 diabetes and can also assist with high blood pressure.

Now before i try this, I will try anything once, is this one big con or is it actually any good. Have you seen an improvement

Thanks

I have read about this oil before and an very interested in trying it. I just went online to a company here that I order from often. They actually sell the gel capsules so I ordered a bottle and a small bottle of oil to try on my skin. Get free shipping with the amount I am spending. Should have it in a week and will be posting my results, good, bad or no change at all. Will be having my A1c test in March so will know for sure then. In the meantime may notice a difference in my weekly averages on my meter. Here's hoping.

I try some things once when I read a good report
Will not try anything once though. Lol

Elaine