Therapeutic Fasting - Jason Fung

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x

If you haven't seen this, it's amazing - and how it is better than calorie counting!

I <3 Jason Fung! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I think I had a bit of a Eureka moment - in one of his graphs he shows glucose levels going up in a little spike, before they start reducing dramatically and thing really start changing. I've seen this happen with my levels when I've tried intermittent/irregular fasts (I just don't eat when I don't feel hungry - usually over 12-18 hour periods) over a week or so and taken it as a sign that my body wasn't too happy about what I was doing so stopped before I was actually reaching the beneficial stage, as I've mainly been concerned about keeping my glucose levels down. :wideyed::banghead: So next time I'll just keep on going, and see what happens. It's maybe a time when using a Freestyle sensor would be a useful tool.

Robbity

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Well I think I had a bit of a Eureka moment - in one of his graphs he shows glucose levels going up in a little spike, before they start reducing dramatically and thing really start changing. I've seen this happen with my levels when I've tried intermittent/irregular fasts (I just don't eat when I don't feel hungry - usually over 12-18 hour periods) over a week or so and taken it as a sign that my body wasn't too happy about what I was doing so stopped before I was actually reaching the beneficial stage, as I've mainly been concerned about keeping my glucose levels down. :wideyed::banghead: So next time I'll just keep on going, and see what happens. It's maybe a time when using a Freestyle sensor would be a useful tool.

Robbity

Good for you:)

My daily pattern now is dinner finishes at 7pm and I don't eat until 1-2pm the following day, so about 16-18 hours fasting daily and just two good meals and my BG are so stable. I'm never home nary with this pattern on a 25g LCHF.

The occasional nail big fast, just gives my BG that extra "ECT" jolting my system and pushing it a bit lower, by say 1-1.5 mmol.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Many thanks for that posting.. I hadn't seen it before. My hero.

He's on the latest www.DietDoctor.com with three other terrific presentations, a new one f I'm Aseem Malhotra which is superb.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low Carb Downunder have released another Dr Jason Fung lecture from the conference at Vail:

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm so glad you have started this thread! I too had major eureka moments reading Dr. F's new book. I'm just starting to try fasting and it is so much easier than dieting. I had major anxiety about trying it because I have deprivation issues from decades of dieting and eventually failing. His book help me understand why all diets fail, and my goal now is to work on my insulin resistance rather than worry about a fat ass!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A recent interview between Dr Jason Fung and Ivor Cummins at Low Carb USA, San Diego: